Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeevani Pawar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeevani PawarYour feedback matters!
Cancer indicates the growth of certain unusual cells, generally uncontrolled in nature, in any part of your body. It may also refer to a malignant tumor and it can affect any organ or any part of your body. There are many different cancers accordingly, such as lung cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer or blood cancer. Ayurveda offers effective measures for preventing cancer.
Read on to find more about the tips and get better prepared to fight this killer:
- According to Ayurveda, having fresh foods can help you to prevent cancer. Consuming more of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits may prove to be helpful.
- Avoiding fat based foods or fried foods can be effective in preventing cancer. Strike off hydrogenated fats (such as cookies, peanut butter, crackers etc) or saturated animal fats from your diet.
- Exercising on a regular basis may be very helpful. Stretching exercises, walking, breathing exercises and aerobics are considered to be useful preventive measures for cancer.
- Meditation and yoga are also effective ways to prevent cancer. These can help you to reduce stress and remain calm.
- Drinking green tea regularly can be very useful for killing any growth of cancerous cells in your body and thus help you to prevent cancer.
- Cutting down on foods with higher quantities of sugar can help you to prevent cancer.
- Include foods replete in vitamin D and vitamin C or citrus foods as these help to combat many kinds of cancer.
- Incorporate spices like turmeric in your daily cooking regimen. The 'curcumin' present in turmeric coupled with a few other accompanying properties can help to prevent the growth of cancer cells in your body.
- Garlic, whether consumed raw or cooked, can help you to fight the killer that cancer is.
Dear Sir/mem, we tried to get pregnant since last 3 year's but still now we have not success for the same, now my wife menses time was on 31st Jan but menses start on 12Feb instead of 31st Jan, and when we checked about pregnancy the result is came negative. Now too much problems in menses and she is fill too much pain in Fallopian tubes. So please guide us for better way to get pregnant, because of we already done course of Medicine with a better doctor for long period. But after that the operation was not success.
I've been trying to get pregnant but things are not working out. I'm unable to quit smoking. What are the best ways to boost them?
As I told last time. Last month on 4th feb 2017 my periods ended. I had sex on 7th feb 2017. I took i-pill within 6 hrs after sex. I got a bleeding of dark brown or black color on 17th feb 2017. It continued for 2-3 days. I have not got periods till today i.e. 20th march, 2017.Its been more than a month. What should I do now? Please help. When will my periods resume?
hello sir, I have a question and its haunting me. I have had unprotected sex last night n I am pretty much sure that I had ejaculated at the right time. But its haunting us both what if some thing gets wrong. Her periods is near (3 days left). My question is 1. Can I give her i-pill (with in 72 hrs) to get secure?. What should I do if something gets wrong I mean if she misses her period. We can not tell this to anybody. We r pretty tensed. Please help.is there any chance of pregnancy.
I have my last period o 12 th april 2016, and next due date was 5th may, then on 9th may I took pregnancy test, I got positive result, but on 11 th may Dr. told till the sac is not visible, I am bit worried.
Is it essential to surgery in case of cyst in overy (size 8.0 to 8.5 cm). I want to avoid surgery, and want to recover with medicine. Thanks.
I am 32 years female and I married at the age of 28 years. I am suffering from PCOS. All the remaining test of me and my husband are normal. In may 2016 may doctor did laparoscopy and she said that no tubal blockage and she punctured some water bubbles in ovaries. 2 months completed but I didn't convieve. I was so tensed with this problem.
On 15th day after. Urine test shows weekly positive. What are the scops of pregnancy and what are the other elements I need to check. What must be the minimum result of hcg test that I have always given in the lab and waiting for report.
I am 25 year old and in a relationship since 8 years. Whenever we get intense and I approach for sex she started crying due to vaginal pain. Now she told me that she has a layer of skin between her vagina so called septate hymen. So now what am I supposed to do. Forcefully I should break that hymen or any other option is there medically.
Nowadays infertility among men's are more. How to overcome this issue. What is the correct age to marry in dis generation.
My wife never gets her periods on time and when it come it gives her to much pain and weakness. What should we do?
When you see someone faint all of a sudden, it leads to chaos around, and you are perplexed not knowing the reason. The sudden fainting or loss of consciousness is Syncope. Syncopal episodes are generally prompted by an unexpected, momentary fall in the flow of blood to the brain, leading to a person passing out and losing muscle control.
Falling causes blood flow to return to the brain, resulting in the person regaining consciousness. The duration of Syncopal episodes is generally for a few seconds or minutes, and it can happen to anyone regardless of age. It does sound scary to lose consciousness suddenly but educating yourself about the signs and symptoms, and the possible causes are the best ways to cope with Syncope.
The trademark sign of syncope is that the patient regularly passes out. The symptoms leading to such a black out episode include:
- Legs feeling heavy
- Blurry vision
- Being puzzled
- Rising body temperature
- Dizziness and the person going pale
- Epigastric distress
- Drop in blood pressure
- Weak pulse
Syncope can be triggered by an unresolved medical ailment or from sudden changes in the environment. Falling unconscious can also be caused by emotional stress. Other causes include severe pain or an uncharacteristically low blood sugar. Many people faint when they see blood. Syncope can also be prompted by extreme dehydration coupled with low blood sugar. Syncope can be due to a genetic disorder and can also be caused by a medicinal side-effect.
Ways to cope with Syncope
A person who has had syncopal episodes earlier must know a few things especially when he/she lives alone or while at work or outside. A few tips to manage when you feel a syncope episode is approaching:
- When you start feeling the symptoms react with anti-gravity approaches instantly. Either sit down with your head in between knees or lie down so that the blood flow to the brain is recovered.
- Seek for a safe and secure place to faint. This is crucial so that you are least hurt in case you fell unconscious.
- If you had fainted, when you regain consciousness take time to get on foot. Lie down for some more time and ensure that the blood flow is restored.
- Stay hydrated after the episode and it is a good practice to stay well-hydrated always.
Syncope is fairly common, but it is generally people above eighty face a larger risk of being hospitalized due to it the problem. In case one thinks that he or she is facing syncopal episode, they must consult a doctor immediately and get all the necessary tests done to handle it properly.
1. Salt water gargles
2. Turmeric milk
3. Light excersice
4. Good sleep will boost your immunity & help you stay healthy in season change.
Two months back my wife gave birth to girl child. It's C Section delivery. Both wife and my child are doing great now. When is the right time to get sex with her? And which is the right time to put Copper T?
Cough is the natural reflex action of a human being to clear the throat or breathing passage from obstructions by foreign particles. Whooping cough or pertussis can be identified by the whooping sound that accompanies cold cough. Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection or through transmission from the infected person.
The following are few symptoms of whooping cough:
- Runny nose and frequent sneezing
- Cough accompanied by a whooping sound
- Frequent vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
Whooping cough must be cured since it can pose serious health hazards for both children and adults and at times can even turn out to be life threatening. Ayurveda can effectively heal whooping cough naturally. The
Following are few simple steps offered by ayurveda for treating whooping cough:
- Honey: This is the most common and effective remedy suggested for whooping cough. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water to experience fast relief.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking makes whooping cough worse. So you must take care to quit the habit of smoking.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is also a remedy for whooping cough offered by ayurveda.
- Ginger juice: Ginger juice is a very effective remedy for curing whooping cough. You may mix the juice with honey or herbal tea.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera juice mixed with honey is considered to be a cure for whooping cough in ayurveda.
- Cloves: Sometimes cloves can also offer very fast relief from continuous coughing.
- Tulsi leaves: Tulsi leaves are also considered to be a very effective cure for whooping cough according to ayurveda.
- Breathing exercises: Practicing breathing exercises regularly can also give you relief from whooping cough.
Whooping cough generally persists for a week or two, but if severe it can continue to persist for even longer. You should not neglect whooping cough and must follow the above mentioned remedies right from the beginning to experience faster relief.
Vaginismus is a condition where vaginal contractions and squeezes may be caused due to pain during intercourse or due to the insertion of objects like tampons. This mildly uncomfortable condition is also characterised by spams and other symptoms like the feeling of coming up against a thick wall which can cause pain. This may be due to a variety of reasons starting from infections to anxiety. To a large extent, the treatment of this condition depends on the cause. Following are the various ways in which this condition can be treated.
- Sex Therapy: A sexologist or an expert who specialises in psychosexual medicine can help in treating this condition by conducting a series of counselling sessions where psychoanalysis will help in understanding and unravelling the cause of the condition. This may be followed by CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy. This kind of therapy usually helps in reprogramming the brain after the root cause for the condition is known.
- Exercises: During sex therapy, the doctor may also teach you various kinds of exercises and vaginal trainers that can help you in strengthening the pelvic floor and relaxing the muscles as well. These vaginal trainers are especially helpful in equipping you suitably so that you can relax your vagina and let the insertion happen. Vaginal trainers consist of four smooth balls of plastic which can be inserted with the help of lubricants to help in stretching the vagina.
- Relaxation: Getting yourself to relax is also a matter of exploration and touching, which can help you understand the kind of touch and the exact areas that make you tense. During sex therapy, you may be taught a technique known as progressive relaxation. This mode includes tensing and relaxing your muscles as you explore by inserting a finger.
- Sensate Focus: This is a part of sex therapy and involves your partner. In this method, you will be asked to abstain from sex and touch each other without going to the genitals and other private parts. This will help in better arousal and sexual stimulation.
- Surgery: The last option for treating a very severe form of this condition is to put the patient through surgery which will seek to remove endometriosis, as these growths in the womb's lining can cause a lot of pain during intercourse. Also, vaginal enlargement surgery can be carried out with the help of episiotomy.
This kind of procedure usually helps in fixing the scar tissue that may have been left from a previous procedure, which can restrict or block the vaginal path. Getting help at the right time for this condition is of great importance so as to have a normal sex life.
The first and the most important thing to be cleared is what exactly insulin is. Now we all are well accustomed with the fact that we get the energy to do what we do by eating the food we eat. So how exactly is all this energy generated? That is exactly what is going to be explained in the briefest way possible.
Most carbohydrates contain a type of sugar known as glucose. After we finish eating, the carbohydrates break down into smaller sugar molecules called glucose inside the digestive tract. Pancreas is a gland, which is located somewhere behind the stomach and is the source of all the endocrine functioning. This gland produces a hormone named Insulin. When the glucose molecules are released into our bloodstream, this insulin helps the cells throughout our body to soak up these simple sugar molecules and use them for providing the body with energy. Now that our base is clear, let’s move on to the importance of insulin in our body.
Why it is important?
Insulin helps our body to absorb glucose and provides the body with all the energy to do what it does. Another really important task that insulin does is balance the glucose levels in our blood. As soon as there is extra glucose in our blood-stream, insulin gives a signal in which the excess glucose is stored in the liver for future use, i.e, in situations when blood sugar drops and the body needs an extra energy boost.
Occurrence of diabetes
In a certain turn of events, when the body refuses to use the insulin properly or in worse cases, the body fails to produce enough insulin, diabetes mellitus occurs. Diabetes can be of two kinds:
Type 1 - In this case, the immune system destroys all the insulin producing cells, thereby, ceasing the production of insulin. As such, insulin injections are mandatory to maintain blood sugar levels.
Type 2 - In this case, the body does not respond well to the instructions of insulin and the sugar level in the body is not regulated. The body in turn produces a lot of insulin in a desperate attempt to improve blood sugar levels. The patients can turn the situation over by changing their food habits and lifestyle and taking certain medications.
For people taking insulin treatment, it is good to note that insulin can be of rapid acting type, short-acting type, long-acting type and intermediate-acting type. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.