Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev V Mulekar
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev V MulekarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with (skin dryness and sometimes itching sensation) on my face. I used fair and lovely, otherwise fair and handsome and various creams daily since two years to get fair. I did that because my skin looks bright only on cheeks! I lost my skin colour in my childhood by playing Cricket everyday in the hot sun. Now I couldn't get my skin fairness back by using any of the creams. They are giving instantaneous fairness for only few days. I want my skin to recover from dryness and get fair. What should I do doctor?
I have pimples and acne all over my face. What should I do to prevent further breakouts and get rid of them.
Acne I had suddenly and rapidly large acne on my chin. And i have never had an acne before. On my face or my body. Am 25 yrs old. Some adviced me to take oral accutane. But i didnt take. Because i had them only in one place. So what is the cause?
If you lose about 50-100 strands of hair each day, but the loss is not visible as new hair grow in their place. However, if you lose more than a 100 strands in a day and more than 200 strands on the day you shampoo, you may be suffering from what is known as excessive hair fall.
Following are the conditions that lead to hair loss:
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- Cancer treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss. Extreme stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.