Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev S KhannaYour feedback matters!
I'm 20 male my right Testicle is bigger than Left and its paining if it disturbed i'm feeling uneasy abdomen is also paining little is it serious and how to cure?
I am a diabetic patient. I have been suffering from this disease for about last 15 years. I have been taking the medicine, namely, GMR M1, regularly and sugar level is under control. But I have also acidity problem. Especially, after taking a meal some sour substance come to my mouth from the stomach. But after a while it is vanished. When I usually consult with my doctor, he used to give a medicine, namely, Pandosun D. But as well as I want to stop on taking this medicine, after a few days the previous symptoms appear. What can I do in this situation?
Once the food undergoes digestion in the stomach, it is then sent to the liver for further digestion. When the heat in the body increases, the liver will be the first organ to be affected.
- Keeping the liver healthy and functioning normally is an essential elements towards a healthy and prolonged life.
- Avoid excess of spicy, salty and sour foods as they increase heat and so as alcohol, oily foods and smoking.
- Raisins soaked in water / buttermilk with cumin powder are one of those measures which remove heat from the liver.
Will gout lead to any harmful effects on my body? I am a food lover and prefer mostly non veg but, I am not obese. So, I want to know what are the future problems that may arise due to gout and how can I rectify them. And also when I eat a lot I feel burning sensation in my chest and pinching pain in heart. I suffer with high gastric problem also. Are all these symptoms iinterrelate. Please guide me.
My mother has gall bladder stone from last ten years. Now it hurts her a lot. She refused to get operated for this. Any medicine that can help?
I am suffering from constipation problem of gas and bloated stomach for a long time. Suggest remedies.
Minor Gastric problem. Please let me know home remedies. Does it affect heart. I'feel am getting some pain while I eat non veg enough.
Diarrhea is a very common condition, which is associated with the passage of the ingested fluids and foods through your colon more frequently than usual or in huge amounts. This condition is mostly caused by the action of viruses, parasites, bacteria, medications like antibiotics, certain digestive disorders, abdominal surgery, lactose intolerance, and consumption of an excessive amount of alcohol etc. Here are some of the common symptoms, which indicate that you are suffering from mild to moderate diarrhea:
- Dry or sticky mouth
- Not urinating much
- Darker yellow urine
- Dry, cool skin
- Muscle cramps
If you are suffering from a more serious form of diarrhea, you might also experience symptoms like:
- Presence of mucus, blood and traces of undigested food in your stool
- Not urinating, or very dark yellow or amber-colored urine
- Dry, shriveled skin
- Irritability or confusion
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Sunken eyes
- Shock (not enough blood flow through the body)
- Unconsciousness or delirium
Diarrhea mostly gets cured even without consuming any medicines within a couple of days. However, you need to consult a doctor and get proper treatment for diarrhea in the following cases:
- If you are continuously experiencing the condition for more than two days
- Your stools contain blood or are black
- Severe pain in the rectum or abdomen is bothering you
- You experience signs of dehydration like excessive thirst, weakness, dizziness, dry mouth, urine of dark color or reduced frequency and amount of urination
- Your body temperature exceeds 102 F (39 C)
Why is the urinary excretion important?
The urinary tract is important because it filters wastes and extra fluid from the bloodstream and removes them from the body. Normal, functioning kidneys
- prevent the buildup of wastes and extra fluid in the body
- keep levels of electrolytes, such as potassium and phosphate, stable
- make hormones that help regulate blood pressure
- make red blood cells
- keep bones strong
The ureters, bladder, and urethra move urine from the kidneys and store it until releasing it from the body.
Oral rehydration therapy (ORT) is a type of fluid replacement used to prevent and treat dehydration, especially that due to diarrhea. It involves drinking water with modest amounts of sugar and salts. Oral rehydration therapy can also be given by a nasogastric tube. Take 100-150ml of ORS or any other fluids like fresh juice, lemon water, coconut water, daal water, lassi and chaach can be taken as rehydration fluids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.