Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev ParikhYour feedback matters!
I have a baby of one and half month old. Please suggest whether we should go for painless vaccination or with pain one. Which one is good for child health.
My son is having fever and khansi from 19/8/16 first four five day fever come every 4-6 hours and then it comes 8-10 hours now it is coming after 18- 24 hours and his all test reg dengue, wide test malaria, and CBC all test showing normal and I have done chest x ray all are showing normal his platelets are 140000 today tell me how the fever will go and how much time it will take.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My son is just 20 days old, every night he use to cry a lot and not able to digest mother milk properly, he's throwing milk many times and his stomach creates sound also and he is not at all comfortable just keep on crying. Kindly suggest as fast as possible. As he won't able to drink mothers milk properly which can effect his growing health.
My son 5.5 yrs old. He sometimes having immense pain in his legs that he cant even walk properly. I am fearing by this. Please guide me anybody.
My baby 5 months old h uska sirf dudh pine se pet nhi bharta to me use cerelac ya fir fruite puree de sakti hua bhi.
My 4.5 month old baby boy did nit like breast milk and formula milk. Whenever we have tried to feed him they are reacting for vomiting. Please suggest me what to do.
Mere baby ke teeth aa rahe hai aur wo ab kuch bhi nahi khata. Milk bhi bahut kam peeta hai. Kya ye normal hai? Stomach bhi gadbad rehne laga hai. Mujhe kya karna chahiye?please help
My 1 year baby's teeth still not came also he is not taking solid diet happily any remedies please reply with your suggestions.
Hi Doctors, My son (Age, 7months, weight is 6.4kgs) potty is coming green colour. I am feeding my baby, as well as I am giving nan pro 2 also. Is there any thing wrong to my child? My auntys or someothers are suggesting like foods you cannot eat everything. Because of that potty will be green. So please suggest me.
My child is 3.5 years old, Uske stomach me hamesa problem rahti hai. Kuch bhi khaata hai infection ho jata hai.
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.