Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev ParikhYour feedback matters!
Now my baby 6 month old. Now I take blood sugar level and thyroid test. Test result BLOOD GLUCOSE (F) Method: GOD-POD=113 mg/dl BLOOD GLUCOSE (PP) Method: GOD-POD= 145 mg/dl Thyroid FREE T3 Method :ECLIA=5.76 pg/ml. Ref. Val 2.38-4.37 FREE T4 Method: ECLIA = 18.68 pmol/L.Ref.val 12.40-20.40 TSH-ECLIA Method: ECLIA = 0.093 uIU/ml. Ref. Val 0.44-3.63 Pls explain this test result. Which tablet I take .doc said eltroxin 50 mg nly. And sugar tablet not prescribe.
I have a child with age 15 months but he can not walk, but he stands with support like wall. please tel me clearly what is the problem.
My baby girl is 9 months old. When I touch her head I feel warm. I am little scared about it. Is it normal or should I consult doctor for this?
My baby suffering from loose motion from past 15days, her poo like green mix and now she is 5 month old. She is taking only breastfeeding and formula feeding Please suggest.
My son is 7 months old and he is diagnosed for retinoblastoma it is in advanced stage doctor said he has to undergo for chemotherapy one cycle of chemo is already done can you pls suggest me the best doctor to cure this. I am from bangalore.
My daughter is about 4 years old. From the birth of her, she didn't do clear potty & she go behind the bed & she straighten her legs tightly & she press her toilet place. She didn't hunger, until we give she didn't eat anything with her only. please say any suggestions or tell any syrup name.
Health Tips for Children
With pediatric health problems on a rise, it's important you keep a few crucial tips to maintain your child's health. With the help of these tips, you can inculcate crucial habits in your child's lifestyle.
In today's times, health problems like diabetes, cholesterol, and high blood pressure are not restricted to adults, but have become a common phenomenon among children too. The main culprit for this can be attributed to their inclination towards fast food and lack of activity. Kids love to gorge on fast foods like burgers, pizzas, etc., and with the introduction of video games and a host of interesting programs on television, they are more than happy to watch television instead of playing outdoor games.
Due to this lack of activity and no control on the food they eat, many children suffer from the problem of obesity at a very young age, which further leads to other serious diseases or illnesses. Hence, it becomes the responsibility of the parents to teach children important ways to remain healthy.
Healthy Tips for Your Children
The three most important factors that are necessary for the kids to remain healthy include:
- A healthy diet
- Regular exercise
- Proper rest
Habits we learn during our childhood stay with us throughout our life; it is thus necessary that parents teach these three factors to children as soon as possible. However, you do not need to force them to learn these habits; set an example for them by following these things yourself. Let us look at each factor in detail.
Nutrition for a Healthy Diet
At a very young age itself, teach the kids to eat all types of food, like fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, dairy products, etc. Their meals should be divided into five or six small meals throughout the day, rather than just three meals. Cultivate the habit of eating breakfast as it is said to be the most important meal of the day. Eating a healthy and nutritious breakfast helps their body to develop energy for the physical as well mental activities of the day.
Parents should also see to it that children have a healthy lunch while they are at school. Though there are many schools which provide lunch, its nutritious value is a topic of controversy. Hence, it will be best to pack them foods that are high in vitamins and minerals. Other than lunch, also make sure that you provide them with a healthy after school snack, as this is a time where they are likely to indulge in junk food. Dried and fresh fruits, yogurt, cereal bars, etc., are good choices for a healthy snack. Next comes the dinner, or evening meal, which should be converted to time spent with the family. Eating together at least once in a day will help the parents interact with their children and also to keep control on their eating habits. Talking to them about the nutritional facts of healthy foods is a good way of instilling healthy food habits in children. Though too much of junk food does harm a child's body, there is no need to restrict it completely.
Fitness and Exercise
Indulging in daily outdoor games with friends is more than enough physical exercise for children. Parents should see to it that their kids do not spend their entire time in front of the television or playing video games. They should encourage them to take part in sports and other physical activities like dancing, etc., so that their body gets the required exercise. Arranging games for them and their friends regularly at home, in which they have to run around and play, is a good idea. On weekends, take them out walking, jogging, swimming, or cycling, at least for an hour, and you'll be preventing childhood obesity.
Health and Proper Rest
Rest and sleep are two important factors to keep children healthy. Children require 9-13 hours of sleep, depending on their age group. Lack of sleep in children can cause problems like lack of attention at school, feeling sleepy during the day, poor academic performance, etc. Hence, parents must ensure that their children receive sufficient sleep.
Other than these tips, it is important to teach kids proper hygiene rules like regular washing of hands, brushing their teeth, etc., so that they are not affected by infections. Explain the importance of eating the right food and exercising to your kids. Remember, by doing this you are not only providing them a hale and hearty childhood, but also ensuring a healthy future.
My son is 7.5yrs. He shatters his teeth a lot at. I guess the term is called bruxism. Is there any remedy. And what are the drawbacks.
I have pain in my tooth for 2 days. What I do for this so that I got rest from this pain. What I do for this it really pains badly. Suggest me some tips to remove my pain?
My daughter is 4 weeks old. We used to feed her cow milk but after 3 weeks we switched to Lactogen1. For last 2 days she's vomiting frequently and passing gas. Please suggest if we should feed COW MILK or What? Thank you. God bless.
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.
My baby is of four months ten days he is toothing and by this he is suffering from loose motions fever and cry a lot he also become week wat shud I do fr this is this common?
I need some information about my baby she's 17 days old in head water no noise upper lip cut I am submitting her reports CT scan ultrasound.
My daughter is passing watery stool from yesterday. Till now 4 times. What to do because of this rashes are visible.
My baby is 9 months old. He was chubby and now he looks lean and his color too dull. But he is active. Please advise.
My newly born kid has ASD flow. ASD of 0.4 cm. Will he be ok after sometime. He has ostium secundum.please help
Hello doctor. I am a 9 year girl but I have weight which is not normal. My weight is continuously increasing. I am practicing a proper diet but still nothing happened. Please help.
I am having a one year old baby boy. He is not eating anything besides needed milk by his mother. What should we do?
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.