Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev DuvvaYour feedback matters!
How to get rid of Black marks on face due to tanning. Especially when I wear spectacle my nose under the rim gets dark and black.
I have many dark circles on my face. Earlier my skin is too good now I have face problem regarding dark circle.
I am suffering from acne vulgaris since the last five months. I did consult a dermatologist. He prescribed me ACUTRET 30 for 6 months. Feminicol face wash, Acnovate to appy in the evening and beroxyl peroxide in the night over the acne! after 2 months when the acne reduced and there were scars, he gave me Azac cream to apply on the scars in the evening. After a month he gave me Erythgo to apply in the evening when azac made little effects on scaring . He also advised me for glowing peel . I have had one session last month. Its 5 months and though the acne has healed, the scarring is not going away or maybe its post inflammation hyperpigmentation because both of my cheeks appear red. Am I under the right medication? If yes, how much more time would it take to heal the PIH or scarring. It appears more red after exposure to heat and sunlight. I am 18 years old.
I have black marks onhips from last 2years and wounds will be happening and it will heal late y this.
I have fallen down. My both legs were injured. Now thats well but what about the scars. Please tell me what to do. Any home remedy or some medicine to apply on it. Plss tell.
Methi seeds are found to be effective in persistent coughs. Both leaves and seed equally help in cooling down body. It is therefore necessary that we continue consume more in our daily diet.
Today’s its also use in cosmetic and hair care products.
How to use:
1. Boils & Swellings : Leaf-paste , heated and applied when lukewarm
2. Anemic patients: 10 gm methi seeds cooked with 100 gm rice.
3. Hair Growth : Seed paste applied on head
4. Skin Diseases : Cooked methi leaves taken daily for a fortnights
5. Mouth ulcer, sore throat : Leaves Gargle 5-6 times daily
6. Pimples : Fresh leaf paste applied on face
7. Headache & Insomnia : 2tsp fresh juice of methi leaves along with 1 tsp honey taken daily for 10 days
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The Prostate gland is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chance of developing BPH increases after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet unknown as to why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarged prostate gland have not complained about any discomfort faced.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion. There are certain medicines, which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage.
Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are:
- Strain while urinating
- Weak urine flow
- Some dribbling after urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are:
- Waking during the night to urinate
- Urinating frequently during the day and at night
- Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but are the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus, it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.
I have a Breast Mastectomy report of my aunt, in the end report say an impression of infiltrating ductal carcinoma, stage IIA, TNM: pT2N0cM0, NPI: 2.8. What does it all mean?
When ever I am hurt or even acne spots leaves black dot's on my skin, even my lips. when cracked due to cold climate also turned dark.
Does using a shaving gel on face cause harm to the skin? Does it affect our complexion or adds up to fast aging? Or has it got any other side effects?
Sir ia m kultaran singh, I am 18 years old .i want to tell you that I am having dark circles around my eyes .and I have done too much to reduce them .please tell me what should I do to reduce my dark circles.
I am feeling some burning sensation throughout the day in my anus basically after releasing the stools. I think I am suffering from fissure. What is the basic remedies to get over it?
I have dark circles and brown skin, do we have any tablet or skin whitening tablets with out any side effects and should not be like I should always cover my face from skin or dust.
A beautiful, glowing skin is something all of us desire. However, due to several conditions such as the sun, weather and other health complications, it is not very easy to maintain a glowing skin. There are several ways using which you will be able to get a healthy, radiant skin. Here is an everyday beauty regiment you must follow:
- Exfoliation: Without proper exfoliation, a dead skin cell layer forms on the skin surface, making it look dull and lifeless. By exfoliating, new skin cell development is encouraged. You can exfoliate your skin using moisturizers, toners and cleansers for making it glow naturally. Natural exfoliating agents such as oats, orange peel, lentil powder and Bengal gram are also considered effective.
- Detoxification: When the body gets overloaded with toxins, the skin is affected in certain ways. You must carry out detoxification by decreasing the amount of sugar and alcohol in your regular diet to get a soft and glowing skin.
- Nourishment: The skin requires proper nourishment with enough vitamins and minerals for a glowing appearance. Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant and repairs the skin from within, making it healthy. As a result, you get a soft, supple and glowing skin. Iron is also essential for the proper functioning of the antioxidants. Essential minerals and vitamins should be externally applied to the skin surface. The skin cells absorb these nutrients and as a result, you get a glowing complexion.
- Diet: Digestive problems cause skin impurities, and thus a proper diet is required for maintaining a healthy, radiant skin. You should consume food items such as nuts, fish, white meat, grains, brown rice and vegetables like tomato and broccoli for a glowing skin.
- Hydration: You must drink lots of water for proper flushing out of toxins and their elimination from your system. The skin cells get pumped, resulting in a fuller and glowing skin. You must consume more than 2 litres of water regularly.
- Proper sleep: The body requires seven to nine hours of regular sleep for overall rejuvenation and repair. Insufficient or interrupted sleep affects your body, and the skin gets affected as well. It loses its lustre and glow. Hence, proper sleep must be a part of your everyday regimen.
- Antioxidants: Natural antioxidants fight free radicals and give you a beautiful and radiant skin. You have to consume substances, which contain natural antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin E. Damaged skin is repaired when you get enough antioxidants, giving it a glowing appearance.
You should try to keep away from stress as much as possible and undertake some form of physical activity regularly. Proper pimple and acne care is also necessary if you want to maintain a glowing skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am 27 years and have skin problem. There are some white spots on my back. How to get rid of it. When I was 18 years old that time also it was and cuted. And again now it is happening. I am taking ah-400 tab weekly once.
Babies go through a host of problems that we usually refer to as growing pains. This article is of special importance to most mothers who are going through myriad problems like colic, teeth and even diaper rash. Diaper rash is known as diaper dermatitis in medical terms. When the skin of the area within the diaper becomes red and goes through inflammation, it is known as diaper dermatitis. Read on to know more about the condition, and how it may be treated.
Symptoms: The most obvious and common symptom of diaper dermatitis is the signs on the skin which will bear a patchwork of red blotches that may look tender to touch. The baby will also seem more irritable and cranky as the discomfort and pain starts to grow every time the diaper rubs against the rashes. Bleeding, itching and oozing can also occur, in which cause it is imperative to see a doctor immediately. Also, if the rashes are accompanied by fever, one must get it checked as there may be chances of an infection. Diaper rashes can also cause pain during bowel movements and a burning sensation during urination.
Causes: There are a number of reasons for the occurrence of diaper rashes. Trying out a new product may sometimes give the baby a rash as the sensitive skin of the child may not take to some ingredient. Therefore, it may develop as an allergic reaction. This new product may be a cream, lotion or a new brand or type of diapers. Further, sometimes when we introduce new foods, the baby’s skin may erupt into rashes as a part of an allergic reaction. Also, chaffing or rubbing may cause such rashes, while prolonged use of the diaper without a change is known to be one of the most common causes of this condition. Bacterial or yeast infection can also cause diaper dermatitis. Also, antibiotics can cause rashes as a side effect.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by a dermatologist or a paediatrician based on the symptoms that you list out as well as physical examination of the area. The doctor may also check the baby’s temperature in order to ascertain if there is any fever or any chance of an infection.
Treatment: One should keep the baby’s skin dry and absolutely clean at all times. Also, it would be recommended to use cloth diapers for a few hours a day so that the skin may get a chance to breathe. Further, the doctor will prescribe mild hydrocortisone ointments. Antifungal creams may also be used in case there is an infection. Oral antibiotics may also be prescribed in such cases.