Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi my uncle has been just detected with 4 th stage of lung cancer so please tel me what are the further steps to be taken and how much it is curable?
My mother 83 years has a open wound on her breast mammography cud not b done as she has a broken femur fnac suggests biopsy as no granuloma or atypical cells r seen because of her age She is very weak on antibiotics which casing ulcers in mouth vagina anus etc No pain in breast no discharge from nipples No nipples inverted what r the chances of having cancer shud we go for biopsy or leave it seeing her age please suggest a medicine to apply on her abscess so that the hole heals any antibiotics Worried please suggest.
I am suffering from cancer and I am in first stage? What should I do? What type of precautions should be taken by me?
Hi I am a 27 year old male, few months back I suffered severe diarrohea and after that I notice a single small lump around the anus, after few days it started itching and burning, then I went to a gastro and he told me that I have external pile and given me an ointment to apply and said it wil b ok after few days. I got relief but the small lump is still there, and now its about 6 months with on and off burning. Please tel me how to get clear that lump.
I AM 66 YEARS OF AGE, MALE I AM ALWAYS ANXIOUS REGARDING MY HEALTH, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHETHER I HAVE ANY TERMINAL ILLNESS LIKE CANCER, WHAT SHOULD I DO TO CLEAR MY DOUBTS, WHAT ARE THE TESTS WHICH WILL ENABLE ME TO KNOW WHETHER I HAVE THE DISEASE OR NOT. I AM NOT HAVING APPETITE AND AM LOSING WEIGHT, IT CAN BE DUE TO MY MEDICATION FOR ATRIAL fibrillation WHICH I AM STILL TAKING. PLEASE ADVISE.
I have been smoking regularly for 40 year, I want to get some test done to check my health and the early risk of cancer (if any). What tests should I go for?
I am 24 year old suffring from prostatitis. Doctor give me 3 months of ofloxion400mg. And veltam0.4. After complete this treatment some issue are occure. I feel urine in my penics. Urine leecage some drop. Then doctor give me niftas 100mg for 3 months.
What are the symptoms of prostate enlargement and what are the steps to take to overcome it, if I have it?
I want to take medicine to dry the breast milk. Dr. suggests cbline. Now should I release some milk if breast get engorge? If yes how much and how many times a day. And if I lead to non release then does it have chances of mastitis?
Sir I have a round shape bone like a tumor behind my head. It's too hard and I still never feel any pains for this. I consulted a doctor and used homeopathic medicines but it doesn't work on it. Is it may be a tumor?
What is the symptoms of cancer and AIDS what medicine will be good for that disease. Please help me.
Sir I am a tobacco and gutkha user, I use to chew 10 to 15 pouches of gutkha with tobacco daily. I have severe type of sub mucous fibrosis and leukoplakia all over in my mouth. Sir actually I want to know there is how much chance of getting the sub mucous fibrosis and leukoplakia transfer into cancer.
As men enter their middle age, many of them develop issues with their prostate gland. There are certain symptoms that would tell you that your prostate glands have stopped functioning smoothly. It is recommended that you opt for a thorough check up when you suspect something wrong. This is because untreated prostate issues can lead to prostate cancer later in life. To avoid such a situation, it is best to get it treated as soon as possible.
Here are certain common symptoms which would make you aware of the issues that might affect your prostate gland.
- Bladder Discomfort: When you frequently start experiencing the feeling of your bladder not emptying completely, then it is time to consult an urologist for the problem. Such bladder discomforts are linked to prostate gland malfunctioning.
- Increased frequency of urination: Ideally a person urinates around six to eight times a day. Depending on the intake of liquid or water it can even rise up to ten times. But if you are urinating more than ten to twelve times, then it is definitely a matter of concern and you should approach medical help for it.
- Dribbling of urine: when you notice that the flow of urine is not stable and it starts dribbling for a long time, then you must understand that the prostate gland is not functioning properly. This is one of the earliest signs of prostate disorders.
- Waking up frequently at night to use the washroom: It is not very normal to wake up frequently at night to use the washroom. But when you notice an increase in your trips to the washroom at night, it can be a sign of prostate malfunctioning.
- Pain in penis or blood in the flow of urine: If you feel pain when you are trying to empty your bladder or anytime during the day, then it is a matter of concern. Similarly, if there is a flow of blood, even in the slightest, in your urine, then it is time to opt for a check up with your medical practitioner.
Hence, these are the major symptoms which reflect that the functioning of your prostate gland is not as smooth as it is supposed to be. If you can relate with any of these symptoms, ideally you must immediately consult your medical practitioner and take an expert opinion. Medical science has progressed a lot in contemporary times and prostate disorders are very much treated by medicines and procedures. It is a very much curable problem provided you get the right help at the right time.
Cancer is a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body. Cancer is classified according to the organ affected (e.g. Prostate cancer, lung cancer, cervical cancer etc) or type of tissue or cells involved (e.g. Adenocarcinoma of lungs, astrocytoma, osteosarcoma) or according to the stage of disease (usually stage I to IV). The prognosis and treatment of different types and stages of cancer varies.
Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine which has been used by many practitioners to treat cancer patients. There are historical accounts about homeopathy treatment of cancer and modern literature also gives several case studies of homeopathy for cancer treatment.
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic remedies for cancer are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions. The homeopathic remedies for cancer given below indicate the therapeutic affinity but this is not a complete and definite guide to the treatment of this condition. The symptoms listed against each remedy may not be directly related to this disease because in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional indications are also taken into account for selecting a remedy. None of these homeopathic remedies for cancer should be taken without professional advice.
Homeopathic remedies for cancer
Following is the list of some common used homeopathic remedies for cancer.
Calcarea flour, conium, lapis albus, hecla lava, silicea, phytolacca, condurango, baryta carb, baryta mur, mercurius, carcinocin, schirrinum, thuja, hydrastis, plumbum iod, arsenicum album, phosphorus etc.
If you have any questions about the treatment, ask me by clicking on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 37 years male and I want to do whole body cancer screen test. So please suggest me the process of blood test so that I can do it.
I am suffering from prostate enlargement gr-1, due to I suffered pain in? of my urine organ after urination severely several time. I am debetic too with managed level. I feel continued pain in both foot in lower part, I am 61, suggest please
Cervical cancer occurs when abnormal cells on the cervix grow out of control. The cervix is the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina. Cervical Cancer is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Most cervical cancer is caused by a virus called human papillomavirus, or HPV. You can get HPV by having sexual contact with someone who has it. There are many types of the HPV virus. Not all types of HPV cause cervical cancer. Some of them cause genital warts, but other types may not cause any symptoms.
Most adults have been infected with HPV at some time. An infection may go away on its own. But sometimes it can lead to cervical cancer. That's why it's important for women to have regular screening. A screening can find changes in cervical cells before they turn into cancer. If you treat these cell changes, you may prevent cervical cancer.
Symptoms of Cervical Cancer may include:
- Bleeding from the vagina that is not normal, such as bleeding between menstrual periods, after sex, or after menopause.
- Persistent abnormal discharge.
Cervical cancer is the easiest gynecologic cancer to prevent, with regular screening tests and follow-up. Two screening tests can help prevent cervical cancer or find it early:
- The Pap test (or Pap smear) looks for precancers, cell changes on the cervix that might become cervical cancer if they are not treated appropriately.
- The HPV test looks for the virus (human papillomavirus) that can cause these cell changes.
When to Get Screened
You should start getting regular Pap tests at age 21. The Pap test, which screens for cervical cancer, is one of the most reliable and effective cancer screening tests available. The Pap test is the best way to find cervical cell changes that can lead to cervical cancer. Regular Pap tests almost always show these cell changes before they turn into cancer. It's important to follow up with your doctor after any abnormal Pap test result so you can treat abnormal cell changes. This may help prevent cervical cancer.
In spite of being a fatal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that deal with this problem effectively. Some of them are:
1. Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed treatment to cure cervical cancer is surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic nymph nodes.
2. Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to destroy them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.