Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 73 years old male with cad, arthritis, prostate problems. Lately having lots of problem with leg cramps at night. Please suggest medical remedy for leg cramps.
Hello sir, I have lipoma on back side of my left head science year 2010. Have any future problem? Please tell me.
My father is having lung cancer third stage 1st Chemo is started if any side effects in 2nd chemo his age is 65years and he is a non smoker paralally any alternate treatment is possible home or ayurveda? Pls suggest.
Hi sir my sister she have cervical cancer & injection gadosil vaccine giving this injection it will affect fr breast feeding milk smells badly baby s nt having milk.
I am 66 years old at times i find it difficult control my bladder and small amount of urine passes out is it a sign of prostrate gland enlargement
Can I continue to use complementary therapies, take herbal remedies or vitamin supplements when I'm on chemotherapy?
I am 23 years old female ,height 5 feet and weight is 45 kg approx. From the last few days when I sleep I feel pain in my right side breast and now when I touched my breast I feel that there is something hard in my breast .kindly suggest me the cause and prevention of this problem and which particular doctor should I consult?
Pain in right breast, multiple fibroids in left breast and pain also. My maternal grandmother had breast cancer. Does this mean I have more chances of having breast cancer?
I diagnosed with tongue cancer in October 2015 Surgery has been done what kind of treatment will be given to me after surgery and it is curable or not.
Cancer occurring in people which are not using tabacoo and alcoholic substance what's the reason behind this?
Respected Sir this is to inform you that I am having benign fibroadenoma sice 2 years and on may 2016 I again did thoroughly check up and I did biopsy too. Result came negative like before. And size is 2 cm. Since two years the tumor is not growing. No discomfort is there but if pressed pain in there. No family history of fibroadenoma. Actually I was having irregular periods and I took medicine for 5 years primolut tablet, now it's been a year I have stopped medicine. Fibroadenoma will increase the chances of breast cancer. If I will not remove the tumor in lifetime what will happen. If surgery has to be done at what age I have to do ? Right now I am 24 and I am married. What will be the best option sir?
Dear Sir/Ma'am, I smoke 25-30 cigarette in a day for 2 years. My age is 25. So tell me kitne din me cigarette se cancer hota hai or kis type ka cancer.
What's the cause of cancer? And please guide me what is the actual treatment? Then I will be grateful. Please guide me please.
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
Blood cancer kyun hota hai. Blood cancer ka koi homepathy medicine, ayurvedic aur koi bhi medicine nikala he kya? Kindly suggest me.
My dad is 79 years having enlarged prostrate 118 gm. Physical examination is clear. Urimax d is prescribed since 2 months. Having burning in urine please suggest. Thanks
What are the symptoms of cancer how often it can cause because of smoking m suffering from heavy cough is that the symptoms?
Common causes include -
1. Use of all forms of tobacco (gutkha, khaini, bidi, cigarette, paan etc.)
2. Irritating or sharp edged dentures or teeth causing chronic non healing ulcers
3. Poor oral hygiene
4. Some hereditary conditions (example - Plummer Vinson Syndrome)
It starts as change in color of oral mucosa or non healing chronic ulcer which grows with time. It may or may not bleed on touch. Pain may be or may not present
Another form of oral cancer which resembles cauliflower is known as verrucous carcinoma.
Prevention of cancer includes -
1. Quitting all kind of habits including tobacco
2. Regular dental and oral checkups
3. Maintainance of good oral hygiene,
4. Rounding or removal of ill fitting dentures or prostheses.