Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay ShahYour feedback matters!
Sir on my face under eyes there is swelling from last six months it looks like puffiness m not taking any medication no other sickness. Kindly tell me thr cause of it and to get rid.
I am 23 years old and I am having dark circle, also me right eye are looking very tired. what should I do for it?
Hello sir I am veerpal sir my eye side is week I'm not seen to increase sir pls suggest me I can do everything.
My mother having age of 49 years. We had MIR test and consult with doctor that my mother felt some problem on one side of face like one side of eyes being most of time and size of that eye is going small as compare to other eye, she felt the weight in other side of face. Doctor said in her brain, blood vein touching his mind vein no. 8. They gave us course of medicine for 3 month and said if not going perfect they have to took medicine for entire life.
I can't close completely my left eye due to nuero problem, I am taking refresh eye drops regularly. But what should I do for future.
My eyesight is getting weak what to do to avoid specs. How to regain if this is starting only. please help?
I'm 48 years old male, suffering from glaucoma in both eyes. I use travacom eye drop once at 9 pm & dorzox in right eye thrice daily. Still I feel haziness in right eye. Which medicine should I use ? When I used travoprost & and timolol separately my IOP was normal, but I changed doctor & he suggested travacom. please suggest what should I do?
My brother is 18 years old. But, he is not mature up to his age. He did not able to talk properly. His voice is also very low pitch and not clear. Sometimes he constantly started seeing one object and also started playing with it like paper, polythene etc. Sometimes he automatically getting excited and started running and jumping. He could not able to concentrate on one thing properly. Please suggest proper remedy.
Hello sir, I have red eyes since 7 years but I have born with white eyes so how to get white eyes can you tell me sir please.
Eye sight in right eye is less than the left eye. How to restore without undergoing an operation. I am 64 years old.Heart patient with three sten.
One of the most contagious infections to affect children and adults is conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye is an inflammation of the conjunctiva. This makes the blood vessels of the eye more visible and turns the white part of the eye pinkish. This condition can be caused by a number of factors such as exposure to bacteria or viruses, allergens and irritants. Treatment for conjunctivitis depends on the cause of the condition.
The first step towards treating this disease is to correctly diagnose it. Some of the symptoms that can be noticed are:
- Redness in the white of the eye
- Itchiness and burning in the eye
- Discharge from the eye
- Crusting of the eyelids
- Increased sensitivity to light
If you notice any of these symptoms persisting for over a few days, consult a doctor immediately. There are two aspects to dealing with conjunctivitis; preventing the infection from spreading and reducing the infection. Here are a few tips to help stop the infection from spreading.
- Stop wearing contact lenses. While the infection persists, wear spectacles instead. Once your eyes have healed, dispose of the old contacts lenses and solution and get yourself a new pair.
- Wash your hands often. This is especially important if you have touched your eyes and will prevent the infection from spreading.
- Avoid sharing contact lenses, eye makeup and other forms of makeup along with makeup brushes.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. Often conjunctivitis can affect only one eye at a time. Keeping yourself from rubbing or touching the infected eye will keep the infection from spreading to the other eye.
- Remove the discharge from around your eye every few hours with a clean cotton swab. Throw the swab away after it has been used once and wash your hands with soap and water before touching anything else.
- Avoid using swimming pools and hot tubs.
- Wash towels. Pillow cases, sheets and other things that come in regular contact with your eyes every few days with hot water to disinfect them.
In most cases of infective conjunctivitis, antibiotics are not needed. Instead lubricant eye drops are prescribed that are available over the counter. This can help ease soreness and stickiness in the eye. When using lubricant eye drops, do not let the dropper touch the infected eye and do not use the same eye drops for both eyes. Untreated conjunctivitis can be treated with antibiotics such as chloramphenicol and fusidic acid. These antibiotics can have a few side effects such as blurred vision and hence you must avoid driving and operating heavy machinery after using them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.