Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay PradhanYour feedback matters!
I am facing pcod problem abt not to getting proper periods and my rbc count n hb level is low and my sugar levels r increased recently.
It is important that you protect yourself from various types of diseases and infections as much as possible. Female condoms are used to have protected intercourse so as to avoid contact with ejaculatory fluids. These condoms help a person to steer clear of blood, semen and vaginal fluids as well. Female condoms fall under the category of barrier contraceptives. They are considered to be less effective in comparison to male condoms, but are nonetheless good for preventing any kind of infection. Ensuring fine health through safe sex is your due responsibility. Hence, a little knowledge about these contraceptives is helpful if you wish to shun chances of unwanted pregnancy or Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
What is it like?
A female condom looks like an ill fitting hollow cylinder. It is a thin sheath with a closed end, that goes inside the vagina and an open end that remains outside the vagina covering other external, genital parts. The covered end has to be inserted into the vagina or into the anus. It is a misconception, that female condoms can only be used by females. It is predominantly used by females, but can also be used by any receptive partner during sexual intercourse. The ends have circular rings to keep the condom in place.
What are they made of?
Femidoms are usually made up of polyurethane. This material is expensive, making the product costly. The need for a cost effective product was immediately felt to encourage the use of condoms among females. Thus, the next generation of female condoms were made with synthetic Nitrile. Nitrile proved to be a competent substitute as it did away with the annoying noises polyurethane made during sex. It also reduced condom pricing considerably. Researchers have also come up with natural latex female condoms that retain the feel of a male condom.
Benefits of using a female condom
It is a great barrier in thwarting the flow of semen into the womb. Thus, they reduce the risk of accidental pregnancy. It also protects you against sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhoea, Syphilis, and HIV. Sex partners should be careful to refrain from any sexual contact before the insertion of a female condom. Only after the condom has been placed properly, the penis should enter the vagina or the anus. Femidoms are available in varied sizes, but the average sized condom fits most females. Large sized condoms can be used by new mothers. It is advised to buy condoms that bear the CE mark on them. The CE mark represents European Safety Standards and thus, leaves you least vulnerable to accidents or diseases.
Balance energy calories with activity calories. The energy you get from foods and beverages should equal the calories you burn in activity every day.
My wife's delivery done on april. But belly of my wife still in swelling position. What to do. How the breasts can be done normal size shape and attractive. Please guide.
This question is behalf of my aunt. She and her husband are trying for a baby since last 2 years. All their reports required for conception are normal both husband and wife reports. They even did 4 iui with expert doctor but the results are not positive yet. What do they need to do now in order to conceive. Kindly advise.
How many hours a pregnant women sleep and a mother after few months of delivery. After delivery there is no continuous sleep for women how we overcome it.
I'm 46 years old having sugar and thyroid as my periods delayed from one year and I don't have pregnancy yet. Can I have any hope on pregnancy now? Please help me.
1. Open all windows in the house and allow fresh air and sunshine to enter the house. Free flowing air and sun are negative energy removers.
2. Dispose of all the old unwanted things lying in the house. Clutter is a negativity magnet. It attracts and accumulates negative energy in the house.
3. Walking barefoot in the house helps all your negative energy to be absorbed by the earth. Grounding is important to keep the energy balance in our body.
4. In the olden days, foot wear were kept out of the house. People used to enter the house only after washing feet with water. This action ensures that all the negativity remains outside or are grounded by earth and does not enter the house. Now it has become difficult to keep the footwear outside. So preferably remove them near the entrance door.
5. Go out in the open air. Take walks in the garden or open ground. Being amongst nature re-energizes or charges you fully.
6. Sweeping the floor also ensures that the negative energies are shaken and moved out with the dirt.
7. Rock salt is another negativity remover. Wash or mop your floor with a fistful rock salt in a bucket of water. This ensures that every nook and corner of the house is rid of negative energy.
8. Rotted plants or trees around your house or society also ensures more positive energy in the house and area.
9. Bathing or soaking your legs and hands in rock salt water once in a while removes the negativity attached to your body and cleanse your aura.
10. Repetition of prayers, increases the positive vibrations in the house. 100%
11. Keep your thoughts, action and speech positive. Negative thoughts will bring in negative vibes. So avoid all negative thoughts, speech and actions.
12. Keep your house well lit and illuminated. Light removes negativity.
13. Keep faith in god and in yourself.
You are the creator of your own destiny by the choices you make.
My age is 30. I have high blood pressure. And I one kidney is ectopic. I have first pregnancy on 2009 but my child was abnormal so I abort it. But recently I know from my dr. That I have unicornuate uterus. My dr. Suggest me for surrogacy. He tell that you have a high risk of pregnancy. I want your suggestion. What can I do?
It is a very common notion that fat is not good for your body. Most people have started opting for sugar instead of fat, which, in turn, has led to the rise in cases of diabetes. Recent studies have shown that fat is actually healthy for your body. Fat plays an important role in the body such as forming the membranes of the cell and reducing inflammation.
Here are some foods that are rich in fat and are actually good for you:
- Avocado: Avocadoes are different from other fruits in the way that they are rich in fats unlike other fruits, which mostly contain carbohydrates. It mostly contains oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat that is beneficial for the immune system. They are also rich in fiber that lowers the bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Dark chocolate: As mouthwatering as it can get, dark chocolates never fall out of a foodie’s list of things he can’t do without. Studies have always attributed chocolates with all the ill effects they can possibly bring on you. However, recent researches have come up with quite contrary results, which can make all the prejudiced ones eat the humble pie. Dark chocolates, apart from their exotic varieties, come with incredible health benefits as well. It is rich in fats and antioxidants, known to improve your cardiovascular health. Chocolate is also known to lower blood pressure and improve brain function.
- Fish: Fish such as sardines, mackerel and salmon are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for your heart. It lowers the risk of heart disease and other cardio vascular diseases.
- Nuts: Nuts are rich in healthy mono-saturated fats which reduce the risk of diabetes, obesity and heart diseases. Nuts also contain magnesium and Vitamin E which are good for the body.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is rich in Vitamin K and E along with various antioxidants. These antioxidants help in preventing inflammation and free radical damage to the body.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are types of seeds which are rich in fats and fiber, thus promoting satiety. They have anti-inflammatory properties and help in lowering the blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
What we have to do. When get more pain during MC period. And also suffering from stomach pain. And MC will come 9 day before. It happen approx 4 month before.
I'm 5 weeks pregnant And I have mild abdomen pain for 2 sec And I have White discharge Is this a problem or normal?
My wife is 30 Years old woman and she is having menstrual issue. It does not come on time. What we should do.
I am 14 weeks pregnant, my doctor suggested me genetic screening test for my baby, using amniotic fluid, but I studied that taking amniotic fluid directly through stomach can cause miscarriage in some cases. Earlier I got a missed abortion at the completion of 3 month of pregnancy. I am really worried and confused whether to go for this test or to not? I don't want any risk regarding my baby. Please suggest.
Hi We are blessed with a boy baby 3 months back and my wife feeding him regularly When could be here approximate date for here periods.
I got very light period for 2-3 days. After that continuously facing yellow discharge. It happened with me (light period) once but got proper period by sysron NCR tablet. Now its happening again. Is it my period (light period) or I should wait for proper period? Its been 10 days passed from my period test. I have negative pregnancy test. What can cause all this? Can ovary cyst delay periods?
There are three main types of eating disorders. These are bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating. Anorexia nervosa is an exaggerated fear of gaining weight all the way to the point when the patient becomes abnormally thin. Bulimia nervosa is eating too much and then vomiting it out on a regular basis. Binge eating is when an individual eats an excessive amount of food in one go. All three types of eating disorders have adverse effects on pregnancy.
Here is how eating disorders affect pregnancies:
1. Unplanned pregnancies: Women with eating disorders are much more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy. This is true both for women who had eating disorders in the past as well as women who have eating disorders at the moment. In a study by University College London and King's College London consisting of 11000 women showed, only 28% of women reported that they had an unplanned pregnancy without suffering from any eating disorder as compared to the 41% who did have an eating disorder at some point in their life. The reason for this is that women tend to think that they do not need contraceptives due to an irregular menstrual cycle, which is one of the consequences of eating disorders during pregnancy.
2. Happiness about their pregnancy: The same survey of 11000 women conducted by University College London and King's College London reported that 71% of women were happy about their pregnancies. However, the number would have been a lot higher if there were fewer women with eating disorders. It has been said that 10% of women were unhappy to discover they were pregnant, if they had an eating disorder in the past as compared to 4% who never had an eating disorder.
3. Consider pregnancy a 'personal sacrifice': It has also been said that women who have had or have eating disorders during or before their pregnancy tend to consider pregnancy as a 'personal sacrifice' much more often than women who have no history or eating disorders.
Even though mostly, eating disorders affect pregnant women mentally rather than physically, it is crucial that women try to fix this problem before their pregnancy so they actually can enjoy having a baby.