Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay PathakYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor My baby is one and a half month old, her weight was 2.8kg at the birth time. Now its 3.2kg. My pedi. Has prescribed 1al syrup and pureMCT powder for her growth. I give her mostly breast feeding and occasionally cow milk. Please suggest the usage of those medicines and is there issue with her growth? She does all the activities normally.
Hello Doctor. My son is 16 months now. He is extremely hyperactive child, showing the following symptoms- 1) He doesn't like to play with toys. He just likes climbing on tables, chairs and window grills. 2) If we get him new toys, he will just see it for a few minutes and then throw it away. 3) He wants to be out of the house all time. He cry's to go with any unknown person when they are leaving the house. 4) If we keep him out, he will just start walking. He will not even care to see if we are there with him or not. 5) He is very impatient for something he likes. For example he is very restless while feeding him oranges. He will not allow you to peel it. He just wants it immediately and will hit you if you don't give him fast. 5) Although we keep talking to him, till now he doesn't utter any words, no actions like'bye' etc. He only yells aloud. 6) He just cannot sit in one place and needs someone constantly. If you don't play with him even for a few minutes, he will put his head on the floor and start moaning in frustration. 7) He has been a troublesome child right from birth. Hardly used to sleep for just a few minutes during the whole day and night. Now, although his sleeping pattern has improved during the nights. During the day he still sleeps less. Probably around 1 hour if at all he sleeps. 8) When he was smaller, around 9-12 months, he used to watch television advertisements with great attention. He would not blink his eyes even if you nudge him or pat him lightly on his head. This is the only thing that grabs his attention, even now. Doctor, is my child showing signs of any disorder or is it too early to predict? Does he need any treatment? please help. Thanks.
My daughter's age is 3 and half years. She has constipation problem after every 2 or 3 days.What can i do?
Hello! Doc. S Group And Good morning everyone. I'm 20yrs. Old and I have a baby also 0.5years old and I'm also feeding to her so in this situation Dronis 20mg is suitable for me or not and how should I use it./Doges for me. And My period starts from 6 per month.
My daughter born on 02 august 2016, preterm, 36 week 6 days, 1.92 kg. We are bottle feeding her expressed milk since she would not direct breastfeed. After 15 days, we gave her 1 feed of formula after which she threw up after 2-3 hrs. Since then she vomited 2-3 times continuously. And at 4th feed, she is hungry like anything but refuses to take feed by bottle or spoon. She spits milk from her throat and does not swallow. Before this issue, she used to take expressed milk by bottle by had only hiccups after feeds. Please help.
Hello my son is 4 months old. He sleeps at night for 7 to 8hrs in one stretch but he does not pee while sleeping. Do I need to worry?
You look your best when you wear a smile on your face. Everyone prefers a smiling face over a frowned one. Since we are talking about smiles, one can never underestimate the role that teeth play in the beauty of a smile. Dental hygiene and care is mandatory if you wish to secure your beautiful smile for years to come.
However, the global statistics for dental care suggests that we do not care enough for our teeth. 60-90% of children who are in school and almost every adult suffer from dental cavities. Dental cavities are pretty common nowadays. And yellowing of teeth can now be seen in almost every other person. It spoils the smile and makes people conscious. By ensuring a few dental care habits in your daily routine lives, you can avoid yellow teeth.
Let us discuss the tips and tricks to avoid yellowing of teeth:
- Say no to specific foods: Yellowing of teeth is caused by food choices including coffee, red wine, sodas, juices, sports drinks, white wine, coloured candies and other artificially coloured foods. It will help if these foods are consumed in less quantity and frequency as they are the major contributors towards discoloration of teeth.
- Water after every coloured drink: Here is a habit that you must inculcate in your routine, whenever you consume any of the above mentioned food items. Post every drink or food intake which can cause tooth-staining, top it up with a glass of water. When you swirl or gargle the water in your mouth, you remove the acids that get accumulated in your mouth. It is one of the simplest preventive measures one can implement to avoid tooth stains.
- Dental Hygiene: Our parents and dentists kept reminding us all the time to brush twice a day and gargle with water post every food intake but did we listen to them as kids? No we did not. Proper brushing, flossing and going for dental checkups at regular intervals are sure shot ways to keep your teeth healthy for majority of your lifetime. One must develop these habits quite early in life to gain benefits from it.
- Whiten those Yellow teeth: You might be at that stage of your life where inculcating the above mentioned habits won't do much good. The damage might already have been done. Your teeth are probably yellowish already and you have a history of dental cavities. In this 21st century, there are ways to whiten your teeth artificially with the many alternatives available in the market. One can opt for a solution, which can be done at home itself or go for a laser whitening which is now possible at a dentist clinic.
So there is still hope for those who are unable to share that smile with the world due to the yellowing of teeth. Nothing is irreparable here and the health of your teeth lies in your hand.
I am 17 years girl. I have some problems. The time period is changing continuously. Sometimes it will happen middle of month, sometimes last, and it sometimes 2 days then one day later, and blood is empty for bleeding, I am very nervous. I feel so weak. What can I do?
I am a new mom of 10 months old baby girl. She is getting up very frequently now a days for feeding. I feel my milk production is less. Now a days she is not eating normal foods also like dalia khichdi fruits what should I do?
My son is 3.5 years old. He is taking macox zh kid for 4 months. How long will it take to stop. Whether the doctor will stop by 6 months or will he continue. I fear to ask him bec still he is having cold. Can we give curd during cold?
My son is 1.3 years old. He is having a bad habit of eating food while watching tv or providing any tool to play with. Beside this its quite tough to make him eat. Also he found difficulty and cry during potty. What should we do?
Research shows that overweight children have a higher chances of developing chronic health problems such as hypertension, asthma, high cholesterol, and even cancer as they grow up. Apart from these health conditions, being obese can cause severe self-esteem problems as well. In short, obesity in children, more specifically childhood obesity, can affect the overall physical, mental and emotional health of your child.
Here are 5 easy ways to prevent your child from falling into the perils of obesity.
1. Develop healthy eating habits in your child
Encouraging your little ones to develop healthy eating habits is vital for maintaining optimum body weight. Instead of high sugar and high fat foods, a child’s diet should consist of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain foods (such as oats, quinoa and wheat). Proteins such as lean meats, lentils, beans and fish should be included in his/her eating plan as well. Most importantly, serving food in the right portion sizes will ensure your child is getting the right amount of nutrients, while preventing him/her from consuming empty calories. Inculcate these eating habits in them right from the time they are toddlers so that it stays with them as they get older.
2. Make your child avoid calorie-rich foods
Getting your child to avoid fatty, sugary and salty foods can also prevent him from tipping over the weighing scale. Present before your child low sugar and low fat alternatives that he/she would enjoy eating such as apples, bananas, carrots, etc.
3. Encourage your child to pursue physical activity
Try to encourage your child to engage in some form of physical activity for about 60 minutes every day. From brisk walking, swimming, dancing to skipping - your child could opt for any of these physical activities. Having your child lead an active life can see him/her enjoying a number of health benefits like respite from stress, strengthening of his/her bones and muscles and decrease in blood pressure, to name a few.
4. Put a limit on your child’s TV time
When it comes to the time that your child may spend before the TV, computer or other gizmos, it should be not more than 2 hours a day. Instead, devise fun activities wherein your child as well other members of the family can take part in or ones in which your child does not need a company.
5. Ensure your child gets enough sleep
Lastly, a good night’s rest that lasts about 9-12 hours is vital for optimal weight maintenance. Studies reveal that children who slept for fewer hours were more at risk of being obese. This is because less sleep causes fatigue, leading to a decrease in physical activity and therefore, use of energy.
Hello Dr. My 1 year 8 month old daughter is not stable in regular work, she insisting to play, chocolates, walking. She don't want to stay in Home. Moreover some time She became aggressive and insistence of her wish. Some time she become violent, beat us, pull our hairs. What should we do to clam her. She not eaten food correctly also. Guide us. Plz.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Millions of children over the world have one thing in common that is they all like to run and play. Usually, this affinity for physical pursuits make them inclined towards sports and other such activities early on in life. But as parents, many of us are worried about how they will support their young bodies and still developing bones and joints as they run, hop, skip, jump and do many other things. Sports injuries are common for children with many cases of fractures and other injuries being reported on a daily basis globally.
So how can we keep our children safe from such injuries? Here is a safety guide:
- Most Common Injuries: Before we get into the prevention mode, it is important to understand the most common injuries faced by children. From strain and sprains to muscle pulls and even fractures, children are susceptible to a host of problems on the sports field. Injuries borne due to repetitive motion, as well as growth plate injuries and heat related conditions are also quite common.
- Organised Sports: The first step that can help in avoiding undue harm and injury to your child is to ensure that the child is enrolled in an organised sports program at school or any other sports academy, so that the energy and skill is being channelled and moulded properly, as there is expert supervision to ensure that the child does not indulge in certain motions and movements which may cause an injury. These sports trainers usually help by observing how the child is doing a certain task on the field and then guide him or her properly, so that it may be done in the correct way to avoid injuries.
- Warm Ups and Cool Downs: For children as well as adults, many injuries happen when the individual has not warmed up or cooled down sufficiently. Cold muscles and joints are most susceptible to sudden falls, injuries and other conditions due to the impact of the sudden and intense movements. The same can be said for cooling down. So, it is important to sufficiently warm up and cool down so that the joints, muscles, ligaments and bones in general, get a chance to get back to normal or to gain momentum in a gradual manner, which is comfortable for the body. The warm ups must not be hurried and should be done without holding one's breath. Also, it is usually recommended that stretching exercises must follow the warm up session before the child begins to run and jump.
- Hydration: Ensure that the child has plenty of water so that he or she may remain properly hydrated during the sporting or training event. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.