Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay O ShahYour feedback matters!
About feeding baby: can I feed my 4th month baby cow powdered milk is it safe for my child. If can please tell about dosage .pls help mee.
Is there any treatment other than borne marrow transplantation (which was ruled out in this case) and blood transfusion on a regular monthly basis (which is being done for her for last 18 years and high chances of infections) for THALASSEMIA MAJOR. This girl, who is the daughter of my friend, is suffering from this since the age of 2 and she is now 20 doing her BBA LLB. She is a very normal cute girl without any external look of a patient. She is based in Kerala.
my son is 3 years old. He had dry cough. We gave his ascoril D. He just had vomit. Please suggest what we could give or wait for morning.
My baby birth date is 4 may 2016 but she didn't cry after birth. She has admitted in nursery for 20 day now she is at home. medicine and feeding is done through RT. Now she has began to cry before 5 days. please give your valuable opinion after get well she has any disability or not.
It's important to teach kids about cavities at an early age. The more they know about how to keep their teeth healthy, the more likely it is that they'll develop good dental habits - and keep those up throughout their lives.
Here are some pointers so you can talk to your kids about cavities and how to prevent them.
What are cavities and what causes them?
A cavity is a hole that forms in a tooth. Everything we eat and drink, especially sweets forms plaque. If we're not careful, plaque can attack our teeth and damage them.
Why are cavities bad?
A cavity causes harm to your tooth, and it can also be painful to you. If left untreated, the hole can grow and get bigger or deeper. It may get so big that that the whole tooth gets damaged. If that happens, your dentist may have to remove it.
How can I protect my teeth from cavities?
Cavities can form if we eat too many sweets and don't clean our teeth properly. The best way to protect your teeth is to choose healthy snacks like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Try to avoid sugary foods and drinks, like candy and soda.
If you do eat sweets, have them with your lunch or dinner, and then brush your teeth right after. When sugar stays on your teeth for a long time it can cause damage, so try not to snack throughout the day when you may not be able to brush. You should also brush your teeth after an ever meal, or at least twice a day. And don't forget to visit your dentist every six months for regular checkups!
What if I think I have a cavity?
A cavity can be painful, so if your child has a toothache, schedule an appointment with your dentist right away. At the appointment, the dentist will look at your child's teeth and take x-rays to see if there is a cavity.
What happens if I get a cavity?
If you have a cavity, your dentist can help. He or she will give you some medicine to numb your mouth and make you comfortable. They'll use a special drill to remove the damaged part of your tooth. Then they'll fill everything in with a special material, and you'll have what's called a filling.
Remember that healthy dental habits are the best way to prevent cavities. The more you can teach your kids about good hygiene and serve as a role model, the better off their dental health will be in the long run!
Now my baby is 5month old. I want to know the best contraceptive method which I can use for next 3yrs.
My baby is 3 months I am not having milk so I am giving formula bt I frequently give breast milk to suck but fr the past 4 days he is not sucking my milk bt having formula I donno what to do. Plzzz suggest any way.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.