Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 23 years old. I am having menstrual problem for last 6 months. My flow was reduced day by day. And now it is just flowing a 4-5 drops only one day. Before this 6 months my flowment will be for 3 days regularly. I have taken scan, everything is normal only. I did not have sex also, but I don know why it is like this now?
My wife missed her periods. Last period date is 19 mar 2016. pregnancy test result is positive. We do not want baby now as already we have two kids aged 6 and 3 yrs. So can you please prescribed some medical to abort the pregnancy.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.
I am 19 years old And I wanna be in periods soon for this time what can I do for this? Please help me out.
Hi. 5sep ko relation bnaya mene nd 5 oct ko period nhi aayi nd mene test kiya negative aaya 2 baar nd uske baad menses. R tablet li date aa gyi 28 oct ko nd nov mai bhi muje date aati but ab dec mai nhi hoye kya me pregnant hu. Plzzz reply fast.
I had sex with my gf today she bled during intercourse. After going home she bleeds when she fingers vagina. How long will bleeding last and the also there is a little pain. Why is this bleeding.
I m 32 years old and suffering problem of P. C. O. D. I could not conceive any child even after 5 years my marriage. Is it possible to conceive with this problem. My husband have also s pounces issues. He has weak spouses. But the quantity is enough which required. Wt should I do? Will test tube baby is last option for me or not? please suggest me. Thanks.
Sir / Mam periods me vagina sex karne se kya problem ho sakti hai. And back hole sex kiya to kya ho sakta hai.
Soon after ovulation I have been experiencing pain in my legs and sensitivity in my breasts. Is ths possible pregnancy or jus PMS? How do I knw if im pregnant?
I'm 23years old recently conceiving confirmed. So May I know what kind of fruits have to take in this starting stage? Can we take dry fruits like almond, pista.
I am a married female I suffer from white liquid with fish odor from my female organ. What is it and how to treat?
I'm a 19-year-old female. I secreted a large amount of white substance just this morning. I don't know what it is. It looks like white mens but I can't be sure because this is the first time something like this happened to me. I keep on secreting this substance. I've changed my underwear thrice already. I don't know what this is. Please help me.
Took unwanted 72 pill on 7th day of period on 2nd April. It started bleeding to her from last night. Is it abnormal? And what would be her next period date? Reply soon. Thanks.
We had unprotected sex on 23 rd after that she had taken ipill but no bleeding happened next day as mentioned in ipill box. Now her periods dates were on 23 or 25. But now its 27 and there is no sign of period. Is there anything to worry about or any chance of pregnancy? Please guide
When you give some of your blood for someone else, it is called blood donation. It usually helps people who have lost quite a bit of blood in accidents or suffer from diseases, such as cancer or hemophilia, etc.
Like all activities related to medical conditions, there are myths related to blood donation too and some of them are:
1. Myth: Because you're a vegetarian, you don't have enough iron in your blood; so your blood isn't useful as donated blood.
Fact: The fact is that vegetarians can donate blood and their blood has enough iron, just as much as non vegetarians.
2. Myth: Infections, such as HIV can be contracted from donating blood.
Fact: This does not have a practical basis except for the fact that using contaminated needles might lead to contraction of the infections. However, usually fresh needles are used; therefore this never happens much.
3. Myth: Your health can deteriorate after you donate blood.
Fact: Your body produces new red blood cells as well as white blood cells after donation; hence your health doesn't deteriorate at all, except in cases where there is no rest taken at all after donation.
4. Myth: If you take medications, you cannot donate blood.
Fact: This is entirely dependent on your physician's advice. In case of some medications, you need to halt them in order to donate blood. In most cases though, taking medications does not prevent you from donating blood.
5. Myth: You will be unable to partake in physical activities after donating blood.
Fact: Heavy lifting should be avoided. Apart from this, donating blood does not stop you from physical activities. You need to rest for a while, but there is nothing about blood donation putting a check on most physical activities.
6.Myth: People with more weight have more blood to donate.
Fact: This is an entirely baseless assumption. Overweight or obese people are often unhealthy, so donating more blood has nothing to do with weight. Hence, obese people do not have more blood in their bodies as compared to their thinner counterparts.