Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SaniskaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I have asked you about the contraceptives yesterday. And you suggested me not to take any pills. But what if I'm late on my monthly cycle.
Hi, my wife is 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant. We are waiting for her labour pain. She is having a kind of pain that occurs only at nights. She felt like a pressure that starts from the lower back and her stomach becomes harder. It comes at random intervals but not during day time. She feel very weak during the pain and the pain sustains for 15 seconds. What should we do? Her due date is on 26th of this month.
There is this general idea regarding gynecologists that one just needs to consult them when you are pregnant. Other than pregnancy, most women need the help of a gynaecologist, general specialist or a family doctor for managing certain womanly issues. Gynaecological problems are of various kinds and are not just limited to pregnancy or postpartum health conditions.
A point by point discussion, carrying out the required tests alongside the right treatment are done by your gynaecologist. It can assess your health status and make it better.
Here are some reasons to visit a gynecologist:
1. Menstrual irregularity: In case of menstrual irregularity, you should visit your gynaecologist quickly. Abnormal bleeding from the uterus may indicate many a disease such as fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic infection or the presence of polyps in the uterus.
Visit a gynecologist when:
- Your periods are irregular and far away.
- You have repetitive periods, which return in a range of 21 days or less.
- There is bleeding in between the periods.
- Your periods keep going over 7 days
- You have exceptionally postponed periods
- Your periods are unnaturally heavy.
- You miss your periods.
- Abnormal cases of menstrual bleeding.
2. Vaginal problems: Problems in the vagina may lead to infection in the urinary tract. A gynaecologist should be consulted who would prescribe OTC medicines. In case of problems in the vagina, a gynaecologist should be consulted when:
- The frequency of your urine increase abnormally without any specific reason.
- There is pain or burning sensation during urination.
- Urine is accompanied with blood.
- There is an abnormal discharge coming out from your vagina.
- You have itching sensation in your vagina.
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
3. Problems with the breasts: Any kind of problem in the breasts needs the attention of a gynaecologist. In case of breast issues, you should visit a doctor when
- A certain amount of discomfort is experienced in the breasts during periods.
- A lump is felt in the breasts.
- Discharge material comes out from the breasts.
4. Pain in lower abdomen: An abdominal pain can cause tumors, fibroids or even ovarian cysts in women. On the off chance that you encounter insufferable abdominal pain alongside menstrual irregularity, discuss the signs and side effects with your gynaecologist. Visit the doctor when:
- Pelvic pain is experienced occasionally along with great discomfort.
- Menstrual cramps occur.
- Pain in lower abdomen occurs after having sex.
- A lump develops in the abdomen accompanied by pain.
Pregnancy is not the only reason for visiting a gynaecologist as a gynaecologist looks after many other issues in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Cholesterol pockets or Xanthelasma are yellow patches of cholesterol that form in the inner portion of the eyelids. These patches are not harmful; however, they can be a source of cosmetic concern. This condition can be indicative of an underlying heart disease.
Who are the most vulnerable to this disease?
Xanthelasma is a very rare condition that only affects people who have high blood cholesterol levels. However, this condition has been seen to develop even if one’s cholesterol levels are found to be normal. Usually, people in their middle age are the most susceptible to this condition. Xanthelasma affects women more as compared to men.
High blood cholesterol level is the primary cause for this disorder. One might be prone to this disorder if the percentage of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body is on the higher side. Another liver disorder known as ‘biliary cirrhosis’, is also known to increase blood cholesterol levels. Generally, Asians are the most vulnerable to this disease.
Derma Treatments for Xanthelasma-
As these patches do not disappear on their own, they need to be given medical attention. Usually, it’s the cosmetic concern that urges one to go for the treatment. The various treatment options for this disorder are:
Surgical removal of the cholesterol pockets.
These pockets can also be removed with a laser.
Certain medications such as trichloroacetic acid can be used to dissolve these patches.
Cryosurgery, a procedure whereby the cholesterol pockets are exposed to freezing temperatures, is also another treatment option.
Electrodessication is a surgical procedure to get rid of the cholesterol pockets. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, My periods are delayed by 8 days. And I have tested pregnancy test on 4th day and 6th day, it was negative. Doctor prescribed me sysron NCR for getting period. I just took 2 dose of tablet and getting very light period. Is it monthly period or I will get period after complete medication? I don't want pregnancy, I hope am not pregnant. Is light period symptoms of pregnancy?
Hello doctor, Please help, very much nervous and worried. My period started on 30 Jan by 4 Pm and I had my blood test on 2 feb in morning by 10 Am and received my report in evening which show my FSH is 13.33 And LH is 6.50, Insulin fasting serum is 5.60, Prolactin serum is 13.63, T4 Free is 1.05 and TSH ultrasensitive is 2.049. Please tell me what my report tell and what problem I have related to fertility as I want to conceive. Please reply.
I have done sex with my girlfriend on 1st and 2nd June using condom. And from 1st to 7th is her period days every month. But after having sex she is not having period don't know why? please help.
I have low lying anterior placenta in my 20th week now I take scan in my 30th week it was normal now. There is a way to get normal delivery.
My wife is of 21 years. Her menstrual date is 17 in every month. But this month menstrual did not occur. Is she going to be pregnant. If not why menstrual did not occour. Which medicine should be taken for stopping pregnancy in this situation?
The heat in summers can be dangerous. The heated summers bring along the medical conditions that need attention while enjoying sun-filled fun. It’s time to stock your cabinet with your summer arsenal. This year consider doing it with homeopathic preparations. They are safe, non-toxic with relatively simple guidelines for first aid use and equally effective for children and elders alike. The underlying principle of homeopathy involves taking a substance that can cause symptoms similar to those that a person is experiencing in illness.
The homeopathic remedies work rapidly to relieve pain, speed healing, and prevent infection. In addition, homeopathic treatments are safe, gentle, non-toxic, pleasant tasting and without side effects. In hot weather our body’s store of vital fluids and salts decreases as we sweat, taking with them nutrients we need to function healthily. This can lead to common problems such as dehydration and exhaustion, or even heat stroke which can sometimes be fatal.
Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive sweating
- Cold and clammy skin
- Quickened pulse and breathing
- Muscle cramps and stomach pain
Homeopathic remedies are non-toxic and a safe way to help the body to replenish its store of the cell salts and nutrients it needs in warmer periods and help to relieve cramps, aches and fatigue. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines are:
- Calendula: This is an all-purpose medicine for many kinds of skin damage that many of us face during the summer season. When the skin gets damaged due to wounds, infection, prolonged sun exposure and even excessive pollution and dirt, one can try using calendula.
- Arnica: All that running around on the beach can easily give you sore muscles, while the heat can sap up your energy and leave you fatigued. In such cases, Arnica is the perfect homeopathic answer to your maladies. This medicine can be used for topical application if bought in its cream or gel form.
- Belladonna: Sun strokes, dehydration and over-exposure to the sun, in general, can give you a host of problems and conditions including heat headaches. In order to treat such conditions, one can use Belladonna, which is a homeopathic medicine used for sun-stroke related ailments and symptoms.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This medicine is also known as Rhus Tox. It is made from poison ivy extracts and is an effective drug when it comes to dealing with itchy rashes. These rashes may be caused because of exposure to oak, sumac and even poison ivy.
- Ledum: Ledum or Ledum Palustre is one of the best homeopathic drugs when it comes to treating insect bites during summers.
- Euphrasia Officinalis: This medicine is most commonly used for eye related problems that may come about due to sun exposure or excessive sweating and other heat related factors.
How to stay safe in sun
- It is always advised to drink plenty of water or drinks during summers, to cool down your body and to remain hydrated.
- If you are suffering from tiredness, headaches or any other conditions which may be aggravated in the warmer months, consult a specialised homeopath who will look at your diet, mood, sleep and lifestyle prescribe a suitable homeopathic remedy for you to take. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
कैंसर एक प्रकार की बीमारी है जिसमें शरीर में असामान्य कोशिकाएं अनियंत्रित रूप से गुणा और विभाजित करती हैं। गले का कैंसर, कैंसर के उन ट्यूमर को संदर्भित करता है, जो आपके गले (कंठनली), वॉइस बॉक्स (गलकोष) या टॉन्सिल में विकसित होते हैं। इन असामान्य कोशिकाएं ट्यूमर नामक घातक वृद्धि के रूप में पेश करती हैं। गले का कैंसर अक्सर उन कोशिकाओं में शुरू होता है, जो कि आपके गले के भीतर अस्तर बनाते हैं। गले का कैंसर उपास्थि (एपिग्लॉटिस) को भी प्रभावित कर सकता है, जो आपके वाइंडपिप के लिए ढक्कन के रूप में कार्य करता है।
गले के कैंसर के प्रकार
गले के कैंसर के कई प्रकार होते हैं। ये दो प्राथमिक प्रकार के गले के कैंसर हैं:
1. स्क्वैमस सेल कार्सिनोमा:
गले के अस्तर वाले फ्लैट कोशिकाओं के गले के कैंसर।
2. एडेनोकार्सिनोमा (ग्रंथिकर्कटता):
ग्रंथियों की कोशिकाओं को प्रभावित करने वाले गले के कैंसर का एक असामान्य प्रकार है।
इसके अलावा, गले के कैंसर को दो अतिरिक्त प्रकारों में विभाजित किया जा सकता है।
1. ग्रसनी कैंसर:
ग्रसनी कैंसर, जो गर्दन और गले में विकसित होता है।
- नासोफैरनेक्स कैंसर (गले का ऊपरी भाग)
- ऑरोफरीनक्स कैंसर (गले के मध्य भाग)
- हाइपोफरीन्क्स कैंसर (गले के नीचे का हिस्सा)
2. स्वरयंत्र कैंसर:
यह गले या वॉइस बॉक्स को प्रभावित करता है।
गले के कैंसर के लक्षण
गले के कैंसर के लक्षण भिन्न हो सकते हैं। अपने शुरुआती चरणों में गले के कैंसर का पता लगाना मुश्किल हो सकता है। गले के कैंसर के आम लक्षणों में शामिल हैं:
- गले में खराश
- कान का दर्द
- लगातार खांसी या खून वाली खांसीl:
- गर्दन में सूजन लिम्फ नोड्स
- स्वर बैठना
- आवाज़ में बदलाव
- निगलने में परेशानी
गले के कैंसर के कारण
कुछ जीवनशैली आदतों से गले के कैंसर के विकास का खतरा बढ़ जाता है, जिनमें शामिल हैं:
- अत्यधिक शराब की खपत
- विटामिन ए की कमी
- एस्बेस्टोस के संपर्क में
- खराब दंत स्वच्छता
गले का कैंसर कुछ प्रकार के मानव पेपिलोमावायरस संक्रमण (एच.पी.वी) के साथ भी जुड़ा हुआ है।
गले के कैंसर का निदान
व्यक्ति के व्यक्तिगत इतिहास (विशेष रूप से संभावित खतरे कारकों की मौजूदगी) और शारीरिक परीक्षा आपके चिकित्सक को गले के कैंसर पर विचार करने के लिए काफी जानकारी प्रदान करते हैं। आपका डॉक्टर आपकी जांच करेगा और आपके सामान्य स्वास्थ्य, धूम्रपान और पीने की आदतों और यौन इतिहास के बारे में पूछेगा। एन्डोस्कोपी नामक एक प्रक्रिया के दौरान आपके गले को करीब से देखने के लिए आपका डॉक्टर एक विशेष प्रकाशित स्कोप (एन्डोस्कोप) का उपयोग कर सकता है।
यदि इस परीक्षण में असामान्यताओं का पता चलता है, तो आपका डॉक्टर आपके गले से एक ऊतक का नमूना ले सकता है (जिसे बायोप्सी कहा जाता है) और कैंसर के नमूने का परीक्षण करता है। ट्यूमर कैंसर है या नहीं, यह सुनिश्चित करने के लिए बायोप्सी एकमात्र तरीका है। बायोप्सी का प्रकार, ट्यूमर के संदिग्ध प्रकार पर निर्भर करता है।
1. पारंपरिक बायोप्सी: आपका डॉक्टर चीरा लगा कर, ऊतक का नमूना निकालता है, इस प्रकार की बायोप्सी को सामान्य संज्ञाहरण के तहत ऑपरेटिंग कमरे में किया जाता है। इस प्रकार की बायोप्सी को सामान्य संज्ञाहरण के साथ ऑपरेटिंग कमरे में किया जाता है।
2. फाइन नीडल एस्पीरेशन (एफ.एन.ए): आपका डॉक्टर नमूना कोशिकाओं को निकालने के लिए सीधे एक ट्यूमर में एक पतली सुई को सम्मिलित करता है।
3. एंडोस्कोपिक बायोप्सी: आपके डॉक्टर आपके मुँह, नाक या एक चीरा लगा कर, एक पतली, लंबी ट्यूब सम्मिलित करते हैं और एन्डोस्कोप का उपयोग करके एक ऊतक का नमूना निकालते हैं।
गले के कैंसर के स्टेज
एक बार गले के कैंसर का निदान किया जाता है, तो अगला कदम कैंसर की हद या स्टेज निर्धारित करना है। गले के कैंसर के स्टेज को जानने से उचित उपचार विकल्प निर्धारित करने में मदद मिलती है.
चरण 0: ट्यूमर ने आपके गले से परे ऊतक पर आक्रमण नहीं किया है।
चरण 1: ट्यूमर 7 सेंटीमीटर से कम है और आपके गले तक सीमित है।
चरण 2: ट्यूमर 7 सेंटीमीटर से थोड़ा बड़ा है, लेकिन अभी भी आपके गले तक सीमित है।
चरण 3: ट्यूमर बड़े होकर पास के ऊतकों और अंगों में फैल गया है।
स्टेज 4: ट्यूमर आपके लिंफ नोड या दूर के अंगों में फैल गया है।
Hi im 37 weeks 4 days pregnant is it a right time to operate. Im not feeling much movement now in my womb im a bit worried should I consult a doc for that to operate it.in my 36 week ultrasound the baby was 3222 grams and the body of the baby was developed upto 37 to 38 weeks. My stomach is tightening a bit lot that why can feel the kicks. please suggest me what to do.
Birth control pills commonly known as hormonal pills, oral contraceptive pills, or just pill's are an effective female hormonal birth controlling pill. Young women and adolescent girls are very frequently prescribed birth control pills for heavy or irregular menstrual flow, acne, PMS, hormone therapy, menstrual cramps. In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual flow due to hormonal changes, often birth control pills are given to lower the hormones and bring them within normal range. This also regulates the menstrual flow. Often adolescent girls who do not respond to acne treatment are prescribed hormonal pills. Also, these are given to girls who have endometriosis, irregular periods, and genetic conditions like Turner's syndrome.
Concerns associated with pills:
1) Do the Pills have any health benefits: Yes, it has benefits like treatment of PCOS, acne, regulates menstrual flow, decreases cramps, and lowers the risk of cancers and anemia (know more about anemia affect on health).
2) What are the side effects of the pill: Mostly it has no major problem as such. Pills containing estrogen might increase the risk of developing clots in eyes, lungs, and legs. If a woman complains of ACHES then she should be taken to the emergency.
A Abdominal pain
C Chest pain
H Headache along with dizziness and weakness
E Eye problems along with problems in speech
S Severe pain in the thigh or calf
3) Is there a risk of developing stroke or heart attacks while using the pill: A healthy woman who does not smoke and is on pills does not have any risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack. Smoking should be avoided when birth control pills have been prescribed.
4) Are there chances of getting cancer: Taking birth control pills actually protects the woman against ovarian and uterus cancer. Some experts also feel that the pill also reduces the chances of breast cancer.
5) Does the pill cause blood clots: Yes, there is little risk of developing clots in the legs. In adolescent girls the risk of forming clots is 5-50 per 100,000 every year. In pregnant women the risk is 4.3-10 folds more than those who do not use the pill.
6) Does the pill cause birth defects: The pill has not been associated with any birth defects and also does not harm the health of the child.
7) How does the pill help in irregular menstrual flow and acne:
In case of irregular menstruation the pill helps by regulating the menstrual cycle to every 28 days. It also helps to reduce the amount and the length of the menstruation.
The hormones present in the pill help to stop the acne. OTC or prescribed drugs can be taken for moderate to severe acne.
Foods to avoid in case of acidity:
Spicy foods and thick curry or gravy containing red chilly.
Citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruit as they are high in acid.
Full fat dairy products such as sour cream, cheese or ice cream.
Coffee, tea, chocolate and soft drinks.
Peas, beans, broccoli and cabbage.
Tomatoes and onions.
Raw salad vegetables like onion, radish, cabbage, and peppers.
Carbonated beverage which stimulate the stomach and irritate the esophagus.
Diet modifications advised for acidity and dates, figs, apple, papaya and pomegranate can be added to the diet.
Carrot leaves, celery leaves and curry leaves are helpful in controlling acidity. Vegetables like carrot and beet root are good for relieving acidity.
Spices like cumin seeds, coriander and cardamom should be taken.
Include barley, jowar and wheat in food.
A glass of cold milk is also helpful.
Almonds are also a good remedy for relieving heartburn and acidity.
Take some mint leavesand chop these, then boil in a cup of water and sip slowly after meals.
Eating bananas is also helpful in preventing the symptoms of acidity. Basil (tulsi) leaves help to get relief from burning, nausea and gas.
Eating cucumber or watermelon is useful to fight against acidity.
Ginger is useful for digestive disorders.
Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily.
Drink 1-2 glasses of lukewarm water early morning relieves from acidity.
Should not lie down soon after having meal.
Eat small meals in small intervals based on whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals and proteins such as chicken breast and eggs.