Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sanik ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I used to have very thick volume of hair, but for few months suffering from hairfall and hairs volume is getting thinner from inside. So what should I do to retain thick volume of hair and what kind of shampoo should I use? Should I use conditioner after shampooing. Please get back to me soon. Thank u.
This I bit awkward. I had suffered an accident when my head (neck) got too much turned and I heard a cracking sound. Although it did not cause any pain it made me believe I have broken a bone or two. I have consulted with a psychiatrist but he found no problem in me then. It's been 8 years since then but that thought still sometimes gives me trouble. I have learnt to live with it. But I would rather want a better solution to cope with it. please tell me how do I deal with it and how do I stop to bother?
Consequences of Postural Neglect
- Some people who habitually adopt poor postures and remain unaware of the underlying cause experience back pain through out their lifetime simply because they were not in possession of the necessary information to correct the postural faults.
- When pains of postural origin are first felt, they are easily eliminated merely by correcting one's posture. As time passes,however, if uncorrected, the habitual poor posture causes changes to the structure and shape of the joints, excessive wear occurs, and premature ageing of the joints is a consequence.
- The effects of poor posture in the long term, therefore, can be just as severe and harmful as the effects of injury.Those of us who allow poor posture to persist throughout our life time become bent and stooped as the ageing process develops. When called upon to straighten and stand erect, we are unable to comply. When asked to turn the head, we are unable to do so.
- Our mobility is now so impaired we are considered by others to be affected by the normal ageing processes.Deformities in the elderly are the visible effects of poor postural habit.There are secondary and sometimes severe consequences when these effects are transmitted to our .
- Stooped posture in ageing organs: the lungs are constricted and our breathing affected as the back becomes bent; the stomach and other internal organs are deprived of their correct support and may well be affected adversely.
- It is my own opinion that the bent, stooped posture considered by many to be one of the inevitable consequences of ageing is not at all inevitable and the time to commence preventive action is now. If we, but once a day, stand fully erect and bend fully backward, we need never lose the ability to perform that action and therefore need never become bent, stooped and impaired in so many ways.
This is a flexion deformity affecting the distal interphalangeal joint of the finger and is due to either distal extensor tendon rupture or avulsion with a bony fragment after traumatic forced flexion of the extended finger tip. The resultant weakness is often painless and presents with an inability to actively extend the fingertip. Non traumatic mallet finger occurs more often in diabetics. Treatment is usually by splinting the distal interphalangeal joint in extension. Surgery is rarely required.