Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My daughter is 14 year old and studying in class 10th. She has a problem of bedwetting and she is unable to control this inspite of personal counselling, not drinking water before going to bed etc. What should we do to stop this. We feel embarrassed to go and stay with relatives places. Please advise course of medication to be followed. Thanks.
Meri little daughter ka weight 9 kg h or age 19 months h birth time inka weight 3 kg the 2 month se weight gain nhi ho RAHA hai abhi tk 8 teeth nikle h 6 upar or 2 niche teeth jb nikalte h to kamjor lagti hai please help what I can do for her.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.
Hello doctor. My 6 year old daughter is suffering with microcytic hypochromic anaemia. With hemoglobin 4.2. Her pediatrician suggested tonoferon syrup. N vitamin C tablets. But she's having fever, vomiting and stomach pain. And loss of appetite. Her ultra sound scanning is normal. Liver functioning test seems normal. Can you please suggest what is the cause n treatment. Please advice me proper medication. Waiting for a soon reply. Thank you.
Cell phones bring us close to people, but can also have a harmful effect on our health. Studies show that cell phone radiation could be one of the causes for brain cancer. However, this does not stop us from using a cell phone. Unfortunately, some people also allow their children to use cell phones, thus putting them at risk also.
Here are a few tips to reduce your child's exposure to cell phone radiation:
- Limit the use of cell phones: Adding an old school landline to your home can be used not only as a decor element, but functionally as well. When at home, route all calls of your cell phone to the landline. In addition, do not allow your children to use the cell phone as toy to play games on. If you absolutely must, give them the phone to play a game on, but first put it onto flight mode.
- Maintain distance: Start using a headset while answering calls on your cell phone. This allows you to keep a distance between the phone and your body. If children use your phone to answer calls, encourage them to do the same as well. As far as possible do not keep your phone in your pocket for long durations. If the cell phone is used as a morning alarm, ensure that it is not kept under the pillow, but on the bedside table.
- Text: Studies show that texting emits less radiation than voice calls. Make use of group messaging facilities to further reduce the amount of messages you need to send out and in turn the radiation emitted.
- Choose a good case: Some phone cases are built with materials that limit the radiation emitted by the phone. These cases allow the phone to receive signal, but restrict the outgoing radiations, thus protecting the person using the phone.
- Find good signal: Using your phone in an area with good reception will not only let you enjoy an uninterrupted call, but can also protect you against cell phone radiation. This is because radiation and signal strength have an inversely proportional relationship; the lower the signal, the higher the amount of radiation emitted.
- Ethernet cords: Today, an internet connection is a must have in every house. Along with cell phones, laptops and tablets emit radiation as well. To protect your family from this radiation use an Ethernet cord to connect to the internet instead of a wireless router.
My 6 month old child have some problem in their lounge, i have touch some doctors and they provide medicine like candid mouth paints but there is no any improvement, please suggest me, thank u R.S.Choudhary 9771476142
My Baby is suffering from fever from afternoon. She is 11 months old and weight is 7.2 Kg. Can we give her Paracetamol drops?
Hello sir, I am getting cough and cold every month and it took more than a week to relief if I will not get any medicine. What should I do?
My baby is 5 months old abd exclusively breast fed. I have to join office in one month so have started giving him bottle but he does not suck it. I am giving him lactogen 1. How can I help him?
Hi .my baby is one year old now. Recently I stopped my feeding then I took tablet for to stop milk secretions. Now I wish to feed again for baby. How I can increase my milk supply?
My 4 year old daughter has suffered with severe chronic constipation since birth. When she was born she was admitted in the neonatal for 9 days due to abdominal distention, feed intolerance, suspected sepsis, vomiting bright green bile and Meconium Ileus. She did not pass her meconium for 33 hours and it was passed due to a paediatrician giving her a suppository. It's now getting worse as she is getting older. She suffers with abdominal distention, leakages, agonising pain, passing a lot of gas and cannot walk sometimes due to the pain. She has been on 5 different laxatives (lactulose, movicol, docusate, sodium picosulfate and sennakot) now of them have worked and she has also had 2 enemas that did not work also. She has had a biopsy done for Hirschsprung's disease and it came back normal and all her bloods are normal as well. She is missing a lot of school due to this and her doctors don't seem to think it's serious but after all the medication she's had I think differently. She used to pass a stool and get some relief for a few weeks now it's just days till the pain starts all over again like she isn't getting any relief at all anymore. It can be 3 weeks before she passes a stool. I've done some research and seen that meconium ileus can be related to cystic fibrosis and I've seen that you can have it in the digestive system also. Could this be a possibility for her?
My daughter 8 yrs old complains of stomach pain more oftenly.However with the intake of ginger,aajwain the symptoms are suppressed.Pl help for the permanent solutions.
Why not do a good deed to other (as a parent) each passing day, so our children learn about Enlightened Selfishness. And what is a good deed? A good deed is one that brings smile of joy to the face of another.