Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangita S. DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
There are times in cooking when you will need to use a parsley substitute, probably because of its unavailability. Parsley is a flavorful herb and if you fall short of it, dried forms of it can also be used. It is an extremely popular herb around the world, both in fresh and dried forms, but if you’re halfway through a recipe and realize you’re missing such a flavorful ingredient, don’t worry. In most cases, fresh forms of herbs are replaced with dried forms of the same herb, just in smaller amounts, but there are also other plants and herbs that can mimic the flavor and effect of parsley and are great parsley substitutes.
In some cases, you may be preparing a meal for someone with a known allergy to parsley, but you still want to achieve the same effect in the taste of your recipe. Regardless of the reason you need a parsley substitute, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Best parsley substitutes are basil, chervil, cilantro, rosemary, and mint, among others.
Many people naturally turn to basil as a replacement for parsley due to the similarity of their appearance, but the flavors are notably different. Basil cuts through more blatantly in a dish, so if you are making a dish with a subtle spice balance, basil may throw off the end result. However, if you are preparing highly flavorful foods, such as italian cuisine, the inclusion of basil may not be noticeable in exchange for parsley.
One of the most popular parsley substitutes is chervil, as it also boasts a rather mild taste, similar to parsley. However, the sweetness of chervil is often compared to aniseed, a licorice flavor that can often blend in nicely with parsley. Chervil also belongs to the same family as parsley, and in europe, is one of the most common substitutes for this in-demand herb.￼
Although cilantro or coriander isn’t quite as bitter as parsley, this flavorful leafy herb is a popular parsley substitute. Cilantro is particularly good if you are trying to replaceparsley as a garnish since its appearance is strikingly similar. For people who are adventurous in their herbal replacements, cilantro can be an interesting choice for a dish, but if you are worried about your food being overpowered, cilantro may not be the best choice.
4. Dried parsley
When you are replacing any fresh herb, the first thing you should try to find is a dry variety. In the case of parsley, most culinary experts say that the potency multiplies 3 times in the dried form, so if your recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, use 1 teaspoon of dried parsley instead. The flavor match will be almost identical, although some slight changes occur when the herb dries.
Oregano shares the same earthy flavor as parsley but is slightly warmer than parsley in terms of taste. It is also stronger as a spice, but can easily replace parsley in stews, soups, and curries.
Known as one of the most aromatic herbs, with a pungent and unmistakable flavor, rosemary should only be used to replace parsley if you want a stronger bite in your dish, and are going to be cooking the spices, not just using them as a seasoning. As a whole, the flavors of rosemary and parsley are complementary, despite being quite different.
Mint has a recognizably sweet taste and is slightly more pungent than parsley, so it could give savory dishes more of a sweet bite than you want. However, it has a number of similar health effects and works equally well as a garnish. In middle eastern and asian cuisine, given the other spices being used, the replacement of parsley with mint won’t be as noticeable.
Hi I had C sec delivery on 5th October since then I had a heavy bleeding for first 3-4 days then just spotting but from 5th Nov I started bleeding heavily thinking my no4mal period has started as my last lmp was 4th Jan but it's now 5th day and I am still bleeding heavy not sure if this is normal or anything to worry please suggest.
Please help with the requisite diet for a women approaching her 40's, specially for good bone health.
Hello, From last 2 or 3 years my weight increased from 58 kgs to 74 kg. I am also going through pcod problem. Its being so difficult for me to get conceived at this position. Please help me to reduce weight upto 15 kgs.
Can anyone describe my hormones report. I have irregular periods problem. This report is normal or not. FSH* - 5.66 LH* - 11. Prolactin* - 12.74.
Hii Dr. this is regarding my gf she has many health issues like irregular periods from many years, headache, weakness, breast pain so please Dr. advise me how should I cure her for fit and healthy life I am very tensioned about her health please Dr. suggest me the right way Thanking you.
Hello I am 26 year old female and not yet married. From 2 days I feel lump or some hardness in right breast area. Is it a breast cancer? it is possible for unmarried girl if yes so what should I do? please reply as soon as possible.
I am 30 years old and have one son of 7 years and my husband wanted second child and I was not ready. I also have lower back pain problem that I have consulted with physician and certain exercises are asked to follow. I am a teacher and confused of second babies responsibility with all other responsibilities and I have a joint family so will this decision of second child be right or not and is it safe for my body as I have lower back pain.
What is meant by d and c is it done to a women who is not pregnant yet. Is it safe are not please reply.
I am 25 Yrs old male, my wife don't get pregnancy after intercourse in ovulation phase also, she excrete the semen after intercourse, What can I do?
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.
I am mother to a 2.7years old boy n second time pregnant (6 weeks old). During the first pregnancy, even with best of diet and health I had to go through caesarean due to less amniotic fluid. Are there greater chances for this time too for caesarean and not normal? What all I can do to have a normal delivery this time? Any special diet, exercise, physics work, yoga etc required? Please suggest.
My wife had a missed abortion on 30th dec 2015. She had one in may 2013 as well. Recent miscarriage occuerd bfor 5 weeks, no fetal heart activity was seen, jst before it happened she had a delayed cycle. Nobody in her family is having diabetes or had recurrent miscarriages. She is regularly taking thyronorm 50 tabs as advised after first missed abortion. Now she has advised to get her krayotyping.
त्वचा की रंगत को निखारने के लिए हल्दी का प्रयोग सबसे उत्तम तरीका है। पेस्ट बनाने के लिए हल्दी और बेसन या फिर आंटे का प्रयोग करें। हमेशा ध्यान रखें कि आप खड़ी हल्दी का ही प्रयोग करें न कि बाजार में मिलने वाली पैकेट हल्दी। एक मिक्सर में खड़ी हल्दी और थोड़ी सी ताज़ी मलाई डाल कर ब्लेंड करें। जब पेस्ट तैयार हो जाए तब उसमें दूध और आंटा मिलाएं और गाढ़ा पेस्ट बनाएं। इस पेस्ट को अपने चेहरे पर 10 मिनट लगाएं और ठंडे पानी से धो लें।
2. हनी आल्मंड स्क्रब:
बादाम में वह शक्ति है जो आपकी त्वचा का रंग गोरा कर सकती है। रात में 10 बादाम एक पानी भरे कटोरे में डाल कर रख दें और सुबह उठते ही उसे छील कर पेस्ट बना लें। अब इस पेस्ट के साथ थोडा सा शहद मिलाएं और अब इस स्क्रब को अपनी त्वचा पर लगाएं और स्क्रब करें।
गोरी रंगत देने के अलावा यह एलर्जी और पिंपल को भी दूर करता है। पेस्ट बनाने के लिए चंदन पाउडर में 1 चम्मच नींबू और टमाटर का रस मिलाएं और पेस्ट को अपने चेहरे और गदर्न में अच्छी तरह से लगा लें।
यह पेस्ट बनाने के लिए आपको दही और क्रीम में थोड़ा सा केसर मिलाने की जरुरत है। इस पेस्ट को अपने चेहरे पर सूखने तक लगाएं और उसके बाद गरम पानी में सोखे हुए कपड़े से चेहरे को पोंछ लें।