Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangita S. DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I am 46 year old and completed my period .I am gaining. Weight very fast so how to boost metabolism.
I m 25 years old I m a female obesity is my problem I have pcod so I have irregular periods my wait should be 53 but now im 93 so im fearing lot about my obesity I going get married how can I reduce my weight I was working so for exce. What should I do?
I have unprotected sex with my wife before 10 hours of start period next day period start and she taken unwanted 72 pill any risk of pregnancy or not.
Dear sir, two days before I check my pregnancy on perga news test kit. That's shows one dark line we are confused its positive or negative.
I am 22 years old female I have a seven month old girl child now am pregnant about 7 weeks and 4 days I need a MTP I already consult a doctor she gave me medroxy progesterone acetate and I complete that dose but after that I heard about that medicine it is not the proper medicine for the abortion and I have no any symptoms of abortion and I heard about mifepristone and mifepristone is that effective? Can I take that medicine?
I am 19 years old and had sex for 5 to 6 times and took I pill after 62 hours should it prevent pregnancy or not? Please advise.
Hi, Actually I have facing irregular periods problem. I am 22 years old. I have been facing this problem for nearly more than 3 years. I have taken suggestions of many doctors and also I have took tablets syrups also underwent acupuncture treatment. But no results. If I had tablets the upcoming month will have periods, if I do not take tablets the periods may not occur. With out taking tablets just I have only periodic symptoms lightly that is very mild bleed. Lastly I had heavy periods on feb 4th. Still now I do not have next cycle normally. Neither I am fat nor over skelt. I also take regular diets correctly. Even I used to take healthy foods alone. I do not eat fast food at all. I regularly eat dates and fresh juices. Also I used to drink beetroot and carrot juices a lot. Also I eat vegetables lot. Even though I facing this problem. Kindly suggest me the solution for my problem.
Hello doctor, My daughter is two years old from few days her vaginal area became red and she is feeling pain while washing I found her panty wet sometimes it is like discharge .I feed her with vegetables rice milk fruits I won't add masala also doctor can you please make me understand about the problem and tell me if I can apply any ointment or medicine.
Hi, I am having PCOS since 4 months now. Started with delayed periods since May then I consulted Gynac in June After ultrasound got to know I have PCOS. She asked me to have Normoz for 3 months and gave some Vit. D and folic acid. Again need to meet her. Quite tensed. Planning to have a baby since Jan still not succeed. I am obese and cannot shed weight too. I am broken now.
Is it possible to conceive due to pcod ovarian cyst. If yes then wat steps to be followed. please advise.
I am 25 yr girl from last 3 months my period comes before 15 or 10 days but this month again normal what is it.
An essential prerequisite for good health is having regular bowel movements. People all over the world have a misconception about the regularity of bowel movements. Having bowel movements three times a day or three times a week (if that is the routine) is considered regular. Irregularity in bowel movements can often lead to constipation and it is something that should never be ignored. It not only affects our health but also affect our overall being in ways that are unexpected. Let us take a look at some of these unexpected side effects of not pooping regularly:
- Constipation can trigger headaches: The cause for a headache can be many things, but the first likely reason is stress. When you do not poop properly, the pain, inconvenience and worry will build up, leading to mental stress. This anxiety can trigger headaches. Also, headache can occur because of dehydration, which is often a result of constipation. By drinking more water, you can get a relief from both constipation and headaches. Moreover, the buildup of toxins in the body also causes a headache. regular is a key channel that releases all the toxins from the body and when that does not work, it is bound to cause problems.
- It can cause breakouts: What happens in and out the gut shows up on the skin. Skin conditions like acne, pimple, dark circles and even rashes can occur due to internal gut and digestive issues. When the toxins are not eliminated regularly from the body, they tend to accumulate over time leading to major skin breakouts.
- It carries a risk of anal fissures: Due to hardened stool, there is not enough lubrication and this can lead to a tear of the skin. This is called an anal fissure and the prime symptom of this condition is the presence of blood in your stool. So, if you feel pain or see blood while pooping, you need to contact your healthcare provider and relieve your condition.
- It may cause Diverticula or Heamerhoids: Long term constipation can lead to certain ailments which tend to form because of the pressure of straining to pass your poop. You can be affected with diverticula which result in bulges or pouches on the lining of the colon area. Or it can also cause a strain in the veins along the rectum and lead to
- It affects your Bladder control: The colon and the bladder share a close relationship with each other. If there is too much pressure on the bladder because of a full colon, it can lead to decreased control of the bladder. Your bladder will not fill all the way, empty badly or cause unexpected leakages. So, chronic constipation can cause apparent leakage problems too.
- It can make you lose appetite: Eating food can be a major turn off for people with constipation. Appetite loss is not just an enjoyable form of hunger suppression, but a big inconvenience.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
swelling of Semen have any side effect or not. During oral sex amount of Semen goes to digestion system. Does it have side effect if using Oran sex for prolong period?
I am pregnant (2 months. Two weeks back I am suffering from too much of backpain. I am not able to stand and walk also. When I am in AC then it is not paining that much. But when I reach home in evening then it starts too much from evening to next morning and again I feel relax when I goto office I mean may be due to ac it stops. Again on weekend I feel every time too much backpain. Kindly let me know should I need to go for consultation and suggest me the reason of it.
I have undergone cervix stitch which was 2.2 cms total 3.0 internal Os opened funneling seen last 6 days back when I was 22 week 4 days pregnant please help me out as how shall I sit stand sleep will my pregnancy will be full term r what I'm really scared please help me out. Im completely on bed rest please me out left side belly pain near pelvic bone and vagina sharp pain.
I have a growth on the tip of my pubic .is it dangerous my doc told me to. Operate it but its no pain .and pep teat shows no negative results. please advise is there any oral therapy.
I'm 20 years old but my figure look like I'm 16 years old girl I'm so thin and my breast are too small, it's just 28. Please advise.
The body functions are controlled by hormones which are produced by various endocrine glands (named so because these glands secrete hormones directly into the body). There are various endocrine glands, and these are controlled by the master endocrine gland which is the pituitary gland.
The pituitary gland is attached to the base of the brain. It also produces prolactin which helps regulate milk production when a woman is breast-feeding. To a smaller extent, it also has some effect on other hormones.
Prolactinoma is a benign tumour of the pituitary gland which produces large amount of prolactin. The cells in the pituitary gland multiply to produce large amounts of prolactin. In people with prolactinoma, there are reduced amounts of oestrogen in females and testosterones in males.
Causes: Though the cause is unknown, a genetic connection believed to exist. Also, people who are hypothyroidic, pregnant, and/or breast-feeding have a higher chance of developing this condition. They can develop in men as well. Interestingly, this is the most common form of pituitary gland tumour.
Types: Depending on the size of the tumour, the tumour is of two main types—microprolactinoma (when the tumour measures less than 10 mm) and macroprolactinoma (when the tumour measures more than 10 mm).
Signs and symptoms: Though the most important function of prolactin is the regulation of breast milk production, it also has various other functions in both men and women. The symptoms, therefore, would depend on the gender and the age group.
If teenagers are affected, there could be reduced growth and delayed puberty.
In addition to the above symptoms, as the tumour continues to grow, there could be pressure on the surrounding nerves, leading to headaches, blurred of vision, and even double vision. As the tumour grows, the normal pituitary functioning may be affected, and other hormones may not be produced and accordingly the symptoms would appear.
Treatment: One of the main reasons it gets diagnosed is infertility. When ruling out causes for infertility, prolactinoma is suspected and to rule this out blood tests are done. Increased amounts of the hormone would lead to undergoing MRI scans and other tests to confirm the diagnosis.
Once confirmed, the treatment would depend on the symptoms and the patient. It causes reduced amounts of oestrogen and testosterone, which is usually harmless. Unless required, some people can choose to go without any treatment. Hormone supplements can be used to restore the normal hormone levels. Dopamine antagonists can be used to suppress the production of prolactin from the pituitary gland. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.