Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangita S. Deshpande
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangita S. DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I have irregular menses since 4 years. I have taken lots of treatment for this but it has not been cured till now. Whenever I take tablets then only my menses will come. I have hormonal imbalance. So please tell me what will be the best for such irregular menses?
When a woman is expecting her child, she has a lot of responsibilities on her shoulders for the health and well-being of herself and her child. An expectant mother is recommended to follow certain rules and give up certain habits, so that during the pregnancy period she and the unborn child in her womb get all the nutrients for the healthy growth of the baby. There are certain preconception cares that the expecting mother must abide by.
Some of these are explained below:
- Giving up of bad habits: Smoking and drinking are not uncommon habits in today’s world. But when you are pregnant, it is advised that you give up these habits for some time at least. Smoking or inhalation of smoke makes it difficult for the child to breathe inside. Furthermore, if you are into substance abuse, then it is expected that you would give it up as well when you are pregnant.
- Health Supplements: Folic acid is a must during pregnancy. This is why medical practitioners often recommend you to take folic acid pills once a day to keep your immune system strong. It also provides you enough supplements for production of red blood cells and provides for the much needed iron in your body.
- Counselling: Many times people think that counselling is needed by those who are mentally unstable or in need of immediate help. But that is not the case. Counselling is important for every expectant woman. This is primarily to calm you down as you undergo several hormonal changes. Further, if you are pregnant for the first time then it is to guide you about the complications and side effects of pregnancy.
- Proper Immunization: There are a few vaccinations that you need to take when you are expecting. These would help in the proper development of the child, keep you away from severe diseases as well as boost your immune system. Thus, proper and timely vaccinations are a must during your pregnancy period.
Thus, these are some of the tips and rules that a pregnant woman must follow in order to make sure that she and her baby are healthy. These are often advised by the medical practitioner themselves, but on their own as well, woman take care of these points. These are just outlined to make the woman more cautious before the birth of her child. They are good for both the mother and the baby.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 23 years old m married I missed my periods this month I have done pregnancy test also negative what to do now.
I have white discharge from past 10 days, before and after my periods also white discharge is happening, its becoming day by day same, is it normal? Can I get any suggestions or any solution to cure my problem, for what reason it is happening?
I am 24 years old meri date nikal gayi he abhi tar periods nahi aaye he to kya wo ane ke liye koi tablet he to wo bata dijiye plzz.
Hi dr, my wife has a sore clitoris and slightly swollen vulva for several days. This happened after I masturbated her vagina and stimulated her clitoris orally. Please advise. Thanks!
I am 27 years old. For last few months I am feeling very lazy. Daily routine works are becoming a great problem for me. I am suffering from pcod. Please tell me that if these are the symptoms of pcod.
If someone have miscarriage at first trimester, and she is RHD negative, does she need to take Anti-D before pregnant again?
Antenatal exercises are specifically designed to prepare the body for parturition/birth. Fitness for the expectant mother includes a combination of breathing techniques, prenatal yoga or stretches, and exercises that strengthen core muscles (especially the back and pelvic floor), boost stamina and enhance energy levels.
The specially patterned breathing helps in aiding relaxation, relieving stress, and coping through contractions and labour.
Benefits of exercises in pregnancy:
1) improves blood flow - the increased oxygen is passed on to your baby
2) releases'happy hormones' which make you feel good
3) prepares your body for late pregnancy when you will carry that extra weight
4) prepares your body for childbirth - it's not called labour for nothing!
5) shorten the labor process
6) Increase the chances of a natural birth
7) decrease the need for pain relief
8) keeps your muscles toned so that they will recover more quickly after birth.
Tips and cautions:-
- Women who were exercising regularly before pregnancy, and who are healthy during pregnancy, should be able to continue exercising as before, with slight changes depending on the trimester.
- Women who have not been exercising before pregnancy will benefit from taking up a low-intensity program and gradually move to a higher activity level.
- Exercise is recommended for 20 to 30 minutes each day, on most days. Most exercises are safe to perform during pregnancy if done with caution.