Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SanghviYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend after 5 days of ovulation (i didn't take a emergency contraceptive pill considering low chances of pregnancy). Later, After 4 days I had yeast infection (vaginal itching and curdy white discharge) for 4 days which got cured by itself (i didn't go to doctor or didn't take any OTC medicine). After 2 days We had sex again but the condom broke. I didn't get my period on expected date. So, I waited for a week and took UPT (with I can pregnancy kit). I followed all the instructions carefully and took all the measures to prevent false result and the result turned out to be negative (only a single line at C). If I am not pregnant. What could be the reason for me not getting my periods yet?
I have done my lower abdominal scan and the report says simple left ovarian cyst measuring 83 x 58 mm.
Present I am 4 month pregnant. Thyroid test is done, TSH value is 4.4.What is the minimum TSH level for pregnancy ladies. What are effects? What are precautions? Which madice is used? Is there any problem for the baby's growth? Please suggest me.
Today is my 15th day and when I I took tvus it states the follicle in the left with 2.2*2.4 is ruptured and free fluid in pod. Endometrial thickness 8.6. Till yesterday there was no follicle in right by now there is one with 1.2*1.4.Kindly advise chances of pregnancy and also any problem with one more follicle suddenly in right.
Sir at the time of menstrual she feeling very bad with the pain. Now she is using painkiller. Its will show any effect on future.?
Sir or mam. Maine ek question kiya tha ki maine apki girlfriend k stomach par apna spirm giraya and spirm ki 1 2 boond uske vagina ko touch hui to kya isse pregnency k chances ho skte h.maine prega news kit se check kiya 3 days regular and result negative aaya. Because uske periods miss ho gaye the .but after long time uske periods aa gaye. Bus main ye janna chahta hu ki kya agar periods aa gaye h to kya ab bhi pregnency k koi chances ho sakte h? please suggest me sir or madam.
I have a irregular periods. My FSH level is 5.0mIU/ml and my LH level is 7.1 mIU/ml and I am not over weight. I consult a doctor and she said the lean pcos is formed now. So tel me what treatment is I wil preferred. Ayurveda or allopathy.
She is suffering from breast pain during menstruation cycle periods. This month taken 7 days to complete, any problem from this. Please give suggestion.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.