Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeetha Upadhya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeetha UpadhyaYour feedback matters!
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well-known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:-
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Help in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym work outs are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
After the marriage , we physically attached before and after one of her period time between my 40 days leave, but after the intercourse we got negative result. Next time we need a baby, so what are the preparation and tests are want to do before that. I have doubt about my semen quantity and quality, because before and after marriage everyday am doing masturbation. Kindly reply me with the test want to do for both me n wife. Thanking you.
Hello, overian cyst hai. Maine abhi test karaye hain. Toh meri Dr. ne mujhe kuch or test btaye hai. Amh, sugar,usg pelvic, tvs,ye sab maine kara liye. Ek test hai Hysteroscopy ye kaise or kab karana hota hai pls btaye?
Running is something which has an unparalleled ability to give people a boost of energy and make them feel good for the rest of the day. So, it is fair to say that running injuries can be just so disappointing! After all, being prevented from doing a thing you love is never a nice situation to be in!
But, all that need not be the case, as long as a person is willing to spend a little time on learning to reduce the chances of running injuries, a lot of free and enjoyable time spent running is just awaiting him or her!
The first thing which can go a long way in preventing running injuries from occurring is making sure the body is strong. There are quite some ways this can be done but among the most common is to perform exercises which are targeted to help the areas and muscle groups which are made use of when a person runs.
The wall press is a fairly well-known exercise and with good reason! It simulates the impact of the process of running on the gluteus medius, which is a muscle but without the risk of injury. To do this, a person would need to stand with one side close to a wall. Then, the knee is to be bent at a ninety-degree angle so as to prepare the muscle for activation prior to pressing it against the wall for a time period of somewhere between 20 and 30 seconds. This exercise can do wonders! However, the person doing it should make sure that his or her shoulder does not touch the wall while doing the exercise.
Keeping in mind the fact that the entire leg is a unit which is supposed to move smoothly so as to avoid injury, strength needs to be built to bring about uniformity. Remember, it is the imbalances which cause a lot of injuries! Another exercise to be done is the single leg balance on the forefoot.
The effects of this exercise have a beneficial impact all the way up to the hip! The exercise is pretty simple and it is to be done preferably barefoot. Three to four repetitions are recommended, for as long as possible, with the heel off the ground.
Standing jumps may seem to be quite simple, but they really can have a significant impact! Jumping onto a step of medium height and enough width increases the elasticity of the muscles involved and can even burn some calories!
I had my period on 30/6/16 and again on 15/7/16 its first time I fot my period in 15 day, normally it was on 30thbof every month. Now we are planning for a baby pls advise when to have sex, you are also requested to advise that should I stop having sex after ovulation periods till next period? Also advise can I have papaya in this period while convincing.
I have pcod. My egg size is 5mm on 13 th day and 16 th day. Its not vary. So I stop the usage of dufeston tablets. Egg not growing then I get periods normally? Any lagging to come periods? In this stage any chance to I get pregnant. Pls tell me.
Common Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections Every Woman Should Know
A Urinary Tract Infection(UTI) can occur in any part of the urinary tract including the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra. The causes of a UTI can be many, with bacteria being the most common cause. In fact, UTIs are generally more common among women as they have shorter urethras, which make it easier for the UTI causing bacteria to pass through to the bladder.
The symptoms of UTI vary depending on the area of your urinary tract that has been infected. These symptoms are:
Lower urinary tract infection:
1. Bladder cystitis, in which the lining of bladder and urethra become inflamed and irritated
2. Dysuria, which is a burning sensation during urination
3. A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
4. Urinary urgency, which is the sensation of having to urinate urgently
5. Cloudy, dark bloody or strange-smelling urine
6. Cramping or pressure in lower abdomen or lower back
7. Pelvic pain in women particularly in the center of the pelvis and around the area of pubic bone
Upper urinary tract infection:
1. Fairly high fever with fatigue
2. Shaking chills with a feeling of discomfort
4. Flank Pain, which is pain in the back or side, usually on only one side at about waist level
Since pregnant women are at an increased risk of contracting UTIs, their urine should be checked during prenatal visits to prevent unrecognized infection that can cause pregnancy complications.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!