Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeetha ShettyYour feedback matters!
I and my girlfriend recently had unprotected sex, and within 36 hours she had Unwanted 72. After almost one week she is bleeding. The first bleed had some kind of a clot. How can I know whether she is pregnant or not?
I am student .my monthly period gets over in two days .it has been happening since last one year. So I want to know is this normal? Because previously it was over from 3 to 4 days.
My wife 7 mnth pregnant he facing hurt burn and digene problem since 3 days she going to toilet 5 times in day please suggestion medicine.
I am in my 5th day of periods. Usually, bleeding subsides by this time but till now its bleeding heavily. Please help. I am 32.
Normoz tab subah sham 2 magine k liye khaneko doc ne diya hai. Ye tab kaise kaam karta. Or kya is se pregnancy ho sakti hai.
Hi I hv facing primary infertility, and also pcos since last month so m taking tab ovacet, and 2 nd day of my periods I have started clomid 100 mg tab till 6 th day of my periods, and 10th day I have did HSG, it was normal but after 3days I have stared heavy bleeding so I was consult the Dr. they told me to take medroxyprogesterone tablet for 20 days course. And I started ovulation pain at 18day of my periods. If possible to get pregnant next month lease tell me.
I am trying to conceive. Have attempted one IVF on this January but failed. I have low AMH issue. I used to have alcohol and gutkha. Please advise me what should I do?
I am 28 years old married woman. We are trying to conceive. There are some delays in period. In march my periods came on 21st, in april on 21st, in may 26th, directly on july 9th, then on 13th august. Based on 34 days of cycle, we made relations on August 21st, 23, 25, 27,28, 30 and we have plans to make relation on 1st 2nd 3rd 5th 7th 9th 11th and 13th September. Also I got my all the test done. Everything was normal. Whats are the chances of conceiving. Since we have been trying for long. What to do to get pregnant.
Beet juice: apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
Berry smoothies: acai is a fruit which has a south african origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
Pomegranate juice: pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
Carrot juice: carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
Cocoa: a harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.
My daughter of 11-years old having chronic cough and cold with irritation in throat. She coughed severly while at night and early in morning. She cannot breathe properly. She suffers from this i think last three months. I am given her beledona 200 thrice daily,but its now becomes sever. Please suggest me something best in homoeopathy,
I had unprotected sex with my would be wife for the first time. On 20 the October 4 pm .and she took unwanted 72 on 23 rd October 10 am in the morning. Will she get pregnant?
During periods On 1st day of my periods I hv a backbone and right leg pain I can not bare the pain What should I do.
DAY/RIGHT OVARY /LEFT OVARY 10th/13mm×12mm/Multiple small follicles 12th /13mm×12mm/Multiple small follicles 16th /13mm× 12mm /Multiple small follicles 19th / 13mm ×12mm /Multiple small follicles ENDOMETRIUM 5mm-7mm POD Clear These reports good /bad sign please suggest me.
My periods usually go for 3 days. In February, my periods flow was heavy lasted for 5 days and I could find tissues like egg of a fish. Could it be a miscarriage?
Hello I am 35 years old. I have regular periods 28 to 30 days cycle. I would have flow for 3 days medium flow .But this time on first day I hardly had any flow and on 2nd day also same. I never had this problem. Can you guide me on this.
My cousin have a baby of 3 years old she is not ready to have a child now she cannot use any coppety because if she had use she have a heavy bleeding any injection to stop a child for 2 years.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.