Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeetha ShettyYour feedback matters!
Dr. pregnancy ke liye fertile time period mein ek din mein kitni baar or kitne din tak sex karna jaruri hai. Or last month meri wife ki date 20ko ayi thi aur vo 10 days late thi. To is month uska fertile time period date kya hogi.
Sir I use prega 3 times at home 1st is show invalid and after 2 weak use again show one line is dark pink and 2nd line is very light pink and again 3rd times use show invalid am I pregnant or not please confirm me.
I got my periods on 18th july n ended on 21st july. And then on I inserted multiload on 26th july and after that some of the red clotting is cuming? Can I know why this is so?
1. Never Skip breakfast: One mantra to stay fit is to never miss your breakfast. Eating a protein-rich breakfast helps you maintain weight and you won?t feel hungry during your day when at
2. Consume whole grains - Prefer eating whole wheat, bajra, oats, ragi, brown rice instead of stuff made with refined corns, refined wheat or white rice.
3. Eat More Meals - Have small meals between breakfast, lunch and dinner. Eat fruits, sprouts, roasted or boiled stuff instead of lays, biscuits or namkeen packets. This will help you keep a check on your weight and diet in control.
4. Avoid Aerated Drinks/Cold Drinks - Avoid cold drinks or packaged fruit juices as they contain lot of sugar which is not good for your health. Instead you can make nimbu pani, chaas, or coconut water to keep yourself hydrated.
5. Eat at Home - We have tendency to eat outside whenever we get a chance. With our lifestyle, we should be careful to order healthy food even when eating outside. Always prefer to eat home-made food. If eating outside, prefer ordering dishes which are boiled or roasted instead of fried. Dishes full with oil or butter directly affect your cholesterol levels.
I had no periods from past 4 months. Later I had been for a checkup doctor gave me mestovite plus for 2 days. But still there is no sight of periods. What might be the problem? Answer as soon as possible. Thank you.
I am a boy of age 16 and had sex with girl age 16 without condom. Which medicine should be given to girl to prevent pregnancy. And its dose . I had sex on 18 july. Today!
Good afternoon. Dear Doctor I have been taking 25 mg sildenafil citrate very often in the last 1.5 years as we have been trying to conceive. My semen analysis report says 95 million/ ml and 50% motility. An HSG test report of my wife revealed one tube partially blocked (they also said it was removed by the dye). Should I be concerned about any affect this much sildenafil has on my sperm motility? Regards Said.
I am 22 years old female I have stomach pain in period's time give me some suggestions to avoid that pain.
Can a female take meprate after 10- 12 days of miss period and what should be the dose and how many to take in a day. Does meprate may cause of too much bleeding from vagina.
Sir, We had a safe sex on October. After that my girlfriend had a regular periods on that month and on November. But Now Dec 19 is her exact date of period. But it has not yet come. Is there any chance to get pregnancy?
I am 20 years old female. Suffering from back ache frequently when standing for more than 15 mins and severe menstrual cramps during monthly menstrual cycle which is unbearable.
My fiancee having an irregular periods. From past a year this problem is continuing yet. What may be the problem? Is this problem due to any food habits or tight dresses or any else? She does not drink milk from her childhood. Does it make any problems now or in future? What are the best foods to have regular periods? How much litres of water needs to drink in this situation? Whether Can she bath in hot water or cold water? Does exercise or yoga have any remedies for it? What kind of exercise is needed?
As I was suffering from mild PCOD and trying to conceive, doctor had put me on Glycomet 500 mg (Metformin) and I've been taking the same for five months now. I've also had a miscarriage in March at 6 weeks. Also taking Thyronorm 50 every day for thyroid. Should I stop Glycomet or continue? Any side effects to Glycomet?
My father is 89 yrs old yesterday noticed blood in urine. On docters advice zenflox uti selate t flowkind were given in night. Now he is alright noticed no blood in morning. Advice what to do
My last period date is 15. But I saw little brown spotting yesterday. Is this the symptoms of periods or this is normal. One more thing can I take 1 primolut n and then if I stop taking more tablet will be I in periods or not. Cause I have to go for trip till 9 sept and I don't want to be in periods please suggest?
It's been unusual that there is white colloidal substance along with blood clot from vagina. Is there any problem? And my period cycle happens within 15 days.
During the natural course of events, a women's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. In some cases, for various reasons including medical, the ovaries stop functioning earlier, and this is medically termed early or premature menopause. Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed premature menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed early menopause.
Causes: Normal ageing, family history, genetic disorders, autoimmune disorders, toxins, and surgery are some reasons that could lead to premature menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a women's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Osteoporosis - Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture.
- Cardiovascular health - Post menopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Accelerated ageing - Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer - especially breast and ovarian.
It is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it - especially if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion.