Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethaYour feedback matters!
Hi, Dr. My son suffering cold and cough from last two weeks also have blocked nose problem I consult local doctor and he gave some antibiotics, sumo cold drop's and nasal drops now cough problem solve but have fever last one day when I give him sumo cold drop's it normal but not gone permanent what can I do please help.
My daughter is 20 month old her right feet is bending towards inward direction. Wht it cud be. She falls alot. Her vit d levels was 2 in July .10 weeks course is completed of vitamin d supplements. please guide wht cud b problem and how it can be corrected.
Dear sir my 5 month old daughter injected two injections 3 weeks ago teeka on both legs but one leg have clot at injected veins. No pain without press at clot. Is thrombofol beneficial or any other home solution or medicine.
Dear sir /madam, my daughter is 7 months old. She is doing green stools with lot of mucus in it. Her stools not to loose also and some times she poop only mucus with little bit of blood in it. We have finished her ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis and cbc test. Nothing has helped much. Please can anyone help us.
Me and my wife are having cold and we have a 2 months baby, can you tell me how to prevent our baby from getting cold?
I got Gas problem, even someone press my hand forcedly. It has started. What should I do to get solution from gas and acidity?
My 3 month baby have nose blocking with frequent cough. I give Maxtra and Mucolite drops for 3 times. Is it OK? Is it serious for my baby frequent cough? Tell me as soon as possible.
My son (11 years) have been suffering from cough since last 2 years. Though the cough is intermittent in nature, he says that something blocks his chest, for which, he coughs. He was diagnosed with anti allergy medicines, but of no use. Can you suggest the remedy?
Useful facts you should know:
1. After birth we can wait 24 hrs for first poop and 48 hrs for pee. If it is not immediately consult your doctor.
2. First 2 to 3 days baby can pass black stool which is called meconium so don't worry about black stool.
3. First two to three days after birth baby had concentrated urine rich of urate so we can get orange colured in diaper sometimes.
4. Sometimes baby can cry and irritated before passing urine or stool because of weak bladder and anal canal muscles which is strengthen with time.
5. If baby cry every time during and after passing urine we have to consult doctor for urinary infection.
6. Red colured urine or stool is always pathological immediately consult your doctor.
7. Neonate can pass stool ten to twelves times a day if baby is active and accepting feed well. Once in a week interval is also normal for breast feed baby.
8. Ash coloured stool is always pathological it is due neonatal cholestheasis.
9. Sometimes breast feed baby passes green cloured stool, it is mainly due to consumption of formilk only. It is advisable feed one breast at a time so baby can get formilk, midmilk and hind milk.
10. Sometimes newborn baby pass small amount of stool during micturition or crying it is normal if baby is active and accepting feed well.
I have child and his age is 3. 6 years, but he cant speak well. He can repeat what we are speaking. But he can not speak properly.
My son is 5 years old and is on a restricted to take milk these days for last 4 months due to abdominal ache and loose stools after milk uptake. He is only 14.9 kgs, 3.5 feet and lean and thin in structure, please advice a proper diet to improve his muscles, weight and health.
My 2 year old son frequent cough n cold. But is active.What are the signs to Chek allergies or asthma ?
My 2 years old son has throat infection and white spot on his tonsils in every 20 to 30 days.After taking medicines including antibiotics he recover in 5 to 7 days and in some times in 10 days . It happens again and again. His doctor says its allergy and last in 5 to 7 years . In those days he eats very little and some times he drinks only water. Is there any solution?
My 4 years son has tested positive for c. The size of induration is 25x30 mm. Is it confirmed TB. Or we should go for any other test ?
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
There might be several causes which can contribute to the development of this disorder. Some of them are:
- A drastic change in the child's lives: A sudden or a drastic change like the divorce of parents may severely affect the child and maim him emotionally. This may lead to the development of this disorder.
- Depression: Though always associated with adults, depression can be and is common among children as well. In such instances, a consequent development of ADHD is highly plausible.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder refers to excessive and incomprehensible mood swings. Many children suffer from it in their early lives, making them susceptible to ADHD.
Notwithstanding the ambiguity and the erratic nature of the disorder, there might be preventive measures which parents might adopt to deter the outbreak of the disorder. Some of them are:
- Less use of preservatives: Parents must be careful about what their children eat. Those foods which contain a certain amount of preservatives tend to aggravate the disorder thereby causing more harm than good.
- Consider alternative forms of medications: Another way of dealing with this problem is by exploring other forms of medications and not sticking to one form. In this respect, practicing yoga may be very beneficial.