Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethaYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, I am 33 years old widow and Every month I get my periods in time frame of 25 to 30 days and this time and this month I have not got my periods and I am living single from past 9 years without any physical interaction so there is no chances of me to get pregnant ans so please let me know what would be reason for such and what steps to follow to get regular periods on time ?
I have concern that, anal sex is safe or not, I ignore its bcz I afraid that any problem may be occur in future my but my female partner like its and force me to done it please tell me is it safe or not.
As much as you would like, an ice cream can't help you cool down in the scorching heat of this summer. Although one may argue that one feels just fine after an ice cream, the truth is that it's only temporary. Cooling foods are what you should have as they help to cool heat and cleanse toxins from the body.
Here are some of the foods that help cool down your body naturally:
- Cucumber - Not surprisingly, being 'cool as a cucumber' actually holds true. Cucumbers are fruits that help keep the body hydrated. Keeping your body cool during hot days is vital to your health as it can help prevent a number of complications such as heat strokes and dehydration. Munching on cucumber slices and hummus is a good way to beat the heat and stay cool.
- Watermelon - This quintessential beach fruit is yet another one which would help you beat the heat. This seasonal fruit acts like an internal air-conditioner, and is rich in water, helping in reducing body heat to a large extent while keeping you hydrated.
- Peaches - Peaches are not only delicious but are very rich in vitamins A and C, which help in keeping your body cool. Besides, these vitamins also help in maintaining healthy skin and provide useful calories to the body.
- Apples - Apples are fruits that help to fill you up and cool down your body at the same time. They contain about 4g of fiber and around 95 calories and are enriched with a soluble fiber called pectin, which stops hunger and helps in shedding weight.
- Pineapple - Along with banana, cucumber, and some other fruits, pineapple helps to make a healthy smoothie. These ingredients have cooling properties, which hydrate the body and help to clear the heat. Also, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which reduces inflammation in the body.
- Avoid caffeinated or carbonated beverages, alcoholic beverages, and those high in sugar - All these drinks contain preservatives, colours and sugars. They are acidic in nature and act as diuretics. They cause loss of fluids through urine.
- Do not drink very chilled liquids - They do not really help cool you down in summers, though they make you cool for some time. Drinking really cold liquids when feeling hot may lead to a slight constriction of the blood vessels in the skin and decrease heat loss, which is not advisable when trying to cool down.
Apart from this you must limit all strenuous activity, eat light, nutritious and non-fatty meals, and reduce intake of heaty vegetables and fruits, like spinach, radish, hot peppers, onions, garlic, beetroot, pineapple, grapefruit and ripe mangoes (if you cannot resist mangoes, soak them overnight in water). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian/nutritionist.
Hi my name is Emmanvl James my wife is 8 week's pregnant bt we are nt in that position to have child its 7 month after a marriage. We hve being take a check and also the tablet" I pills" after dat also we hve got positive in checking today also she is getting stomach pain. Kindly tell me what step we should take stop dis pregnancy.
We all have issues in life which we want to resolve and feel happy and light again. What matters here is knowing how to skillfully deal with the problem rather than building up fears and anxiety around it.
Here are the two basic but extremely effective tactics to use to solve the issue before we let it take a larger form.
1. Write the issue down- we tend to worry about issue nonstop, even before sleeping. We want to get out of the situation but we don't know how. We even tend to worry about it a bit too much and out of helplessness, not knowing what to do, go into these vicious circles where it gets a little tough to come out of. We often tend to push painful emotions away, because we don't want to be in that situation, it hurts! we want to push it away as hard as possible and as soon as possible.
But just wait! take a step back and get to know what exactly you are worrying about. What is going on in the first place? you might first start from a very superficial level. Ex- I just broke up with my boyfriend. But try to do some free flow writing about the issue. Here are a few questions to help you start looking at the issue at a deeper level.
What is going on
How are you feeling about it
What hurt you the most
Why do you think all this happening? where do you think it all started from?
Which need of yours was being satisfied that has been cut off now? example: a girl who has recently experienced a break up says: what truly scares me about my break up is that I am scared to be independent; I need someone constantly supporting me.
How much were you truly responsible for what has happened and how much were others and other environmental factors contributing to the issue.
These are just few questions to get you started to explore the issue. Write whatever you feel like and whatever comes to your mind. Free flow writing about the issue will automatically lead you into different and interesting areas which you might not have even explored before. Try not being resistant to the idea of writing and approach it with a curious attitude.
2. Brainstorm- now that you have a better understanding about the issue, where it is probably coming from, what you should probably look at to resolve it, and also now that you feel less burdened, since it is all out on those papers, it is time to brainstorm the solution!
Remember here that every pain or suffering is temporary. There is always a way to make it better.
Pick up on the cues your mind has given you about how to resolve the issue or at least which areas to focus on, while writing down your issue. Write down the probable options you have to resolve your issue. For example- a worked up business man realizes that he is experiencing a burn out since he has stopped gyming. He realized this while addressing the question, where did it all start from. Now he realizes that gyming was extremely crucial to de-stress and resolves to make time for it again.
Reflecting on what worked for you earlier, or what helped you feel better earlier, would give you great insights into what you should probably do now.
The girl who broke up realizes that her main need was to have some constant support. Upon brainstorming if there were other ways this need can be fulfilled, she has realized that she has great friends and a lovely sister whom she can talk to, she also sees it as an opportunity to grow herself into a strong independent women.
3. Utilizing your resources to the fullest- when you brainstorm alternatives of what you should probably do, you will see that they lead you to very interesting resources. It is practically impossible to solve an issue if we don't have enough information and the right resources. Few of the easily available but unbelievably effective resources which have a large impact when implemented are listed below, in case they haven't struck you till now. These are such simple resources we often tend to overlook or underestimate.
Parents- just spending some time around them might make a huge difference to the way you are feeling. They are almost readily available for us, but we tend to just ignore it and choose to get locked away in our rooms and go on a ride again with our negative emotions. Instead just step towards them!
Friends- we are scared of looking vulnerable if we share our problems with our friends. We also tend to disguise the problem or give bits and pieces of it, because we feel telling what exactly is going on might make us look really vulnerable. All these could just be our assumptions. If these friends are close, exposing the vulnerable you, could even get you closer, and you can take a sigh of relief to finally put it out of you.
Hobbies- often people say, if my situation is better only then I can go and do what I like! it doesn't quite work that way. Hobbies help you de-stress by channeling your negative energy and replenishing you with positive energy, they empower you to face the issue. This is what is going to save you big time! simple things like watering the plants, sketching what is going on in your head or something creative, just coloring, etc. Prove to be great ways to help yourself feel better.
Social communities- it is great to be out there with like-minded people, or with people who might be experiencing the same thing as you. Just push yourself with that one first step and you just might be sorted!
Don't be afraid to seek out for help- everyone faces issues, everyone does! but a proactive person is the one who will be able to pull him/herself out of it and feel good and confident again. Prolonging things might make the pain turn into suffering. Seek help from a psychologist/ counselor when you need it. It is a great space to explore yourself and be mentally fit.
These are just few of the resources mentioned here. Now when you grab your pen and paper I am sure you will come up with a great list! figure out which resources work for you and keep your resource box ready to rescue you!
Good day doctor. My wife is now 27 week pregnant my concern is that my wife is having a pain in left leg which is from hip to knee and slight above the knee on front side in muscle is having more pain with severe burning and pain is with severe burning sensation even if she can not touch that side, and she can not walk even 10 steps ans she can not stand if she will stand or walk burning pain is severe And the pain has started in the early stage of pregnancy when doctor prescribed 3 dose of gonadotropin injection to reduce misscarige. Our gynaecologist told me that it is compression pain or nerve compression neuropathy but I do not think so compression pain is started in early pregnancy I think it is sciatic nerve pain due to injection. Should I go for xray or ct scan it is advisable in pregnancy or not now she is using methylcobalamin tab 1500microgram for pain after doctor recommendation after my suggestion to doctor. So please suggest me treatment I am pharmacist professionally.
I'm putting my weight and feeling very weak in my daily routine work please suggest me which types of diet should I follow or how to boost my strength.
Is it possible to get pregnant with overweight? N I want to get pregnant as early as possible. What I will do for that?
Girls die because of using Whisper, stayfree, etc.
- One single pad. For the whole day b'coz of the chemical used in. Ultra napkins which converts liquid into gel. It causes cancer in bladder and uterus.
- So please try to use. Cotton made pads and if you are using ultra pads, please change that with in 5 hours, per day, atleast.
- If the time is. Prolonged the blood. Becomes green the. Fungus gets formed Inside the uterus.
- Please don't feel shy to fwd this msg to all girls and even boys so that they can share with their wives, girlfriends, sisters, friends whom they care for.
- Kick off breast cancer.
- Nurse your baby.
- Wash your bra daily.
- Avoid black bra in summer.
- Do not wear a bra while sleeping.
- Do not wear an under wire bra very often.
- Always cover your chest completely by your dupatta or scarf when you are under the sun.
- Use a deodorant not an anti perspirant.
- This is a public service msg from tata cancer hospital.
- Pass it 2 all the ladies you care for without hesitating.
- Dont take head bath in first 3 days of periods.
- Its medically proven that, 80%. Females die during delivery due to swelling in uterus walls caused because of washing head in the early days of your menstrual cycle.
I have breast itching since last year I have used desonide and tablets but again im suffering with itching I have pcos does pcos and breast itching have interlink? Which doctor should I consult?
I have been physical to my female friend but we din't had sex.I fingered her for 4-5 minutes and my hands were dry i had touched my penis once but i cleaned my hand on my jeans.Now my friend has not getting her periods on her date,is she pregnant?
I'm 17. I had unprotected sex on 24th August just next day my periods ended and I took an ipill within 3 hours. I had light period like bleeding dark in colour on 30th August which continued for 3 days. I've normal period cycle and I was suppose to get my periods on 18th Sept and still not had them. Are there any chances of pregnancy? Should I take urine pregnancy test? When, and are these test accurate? Do they give false results? I am worried. Please guide me.
First time IVF - tips for men
Preparing for an IVF cycle physically as well as emotionally is as important for men as it is for women. Additionally, if it's the first time you are opting for an IVF then it will help a lot if you prepare for it in advance. There are many issues to consider like your hormonal balance, sperm count, your general health, physical and emotional issues experienced by you and your partner during the process etc. Read on to find some effective tips that will ensure that you can smoothly complete the procedure and support your partner in doing so.
1. Gather information about the process
If you and your partner are opting for IVF for the first time then it will be beneficial for you both to know about the process first. It always helps if you are familiar with the uncertainties involved and prepare yourself to face any complexities arising during the cycle.
2. Seek emotional support from family and friends or join a support group
You should build a small supportive social circle of family and friends for yourself and your partner to deal with the stress and emotional changes experienced during the process. Alternatively, joining an online infertility support group also proves to be effective.
3. Opt for fertility cleansing
Fertility cleansing for men is as important as it for women as it ensures a healthy hormonal balance. The simplest steps would be to abstain from using plastic containers for eating and drinking, consuming organic food and fertility boosting foods as well as not having soy-based food products or alcohol.
4. Provide proper nourishment to your body
For this ask your doctor to suggest a diet which will boost male fertility and ensure better sperm health. Moreover, you can have multivitamin supplements to get essential minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Also, keep yourself hydrated by consuming at least 8 glasses of clean water every day.
5. Look after yourself and your partner
Ensure that you and your partner remain fit and healthy during the cycle by consuming a healthy diet. To keep stress at bay try exercising for 30 minutes daily or opt for fertility yoga or regular meditation. You may also think about seeking the help of a counsellor to strategically deal with the process. According to your preferences decide whether you want to have the counselling session with or without your partner.
I have my irregular periods. How make my period regular? I have normal thyroid But my weight is increased when ever I miss my period.
I had my iui on 17.2.15 n started bleeding on 23.02.15 my endometriosis size 11mm on 23.02.15 dr gives pause n duphaston tablets. Is there any chances of my pregnanacy
I have doubt am planning for pregnancy so we are having intercourse day by day on 11 day to 24 days we should give gap before periods means At least 3 days before the last date of period.
Good morning, I’m Dr Nidhi Agarwal, I am a consultant gynaecologist, based in Gurgaon. Now today I’ll speak on Polycystic Ovarian Disease that is PCOD which is very common in women in recent years.
PCOD actually occurs in young women. They usually present to us with irregularity with their periods. The ovaries in PCOD patients actually become bigger and denser. As the name suggests, ‘poly’ means many that is many cysts are formed in the ovaries. This lady usually presents with a disruption in the normal menstrual cycle.
Now, what happens in a normal lady who menstruates every month?
There is one egg which is selected by nature which increases in size, and when it becomes bigger and appropriate in size, it is ruptured in the ovary which is then taken up by the Fallopian tube. And if it doesn’t meet the sperm and pregnancy doesn’t occur, then the lady menstruates. This should happen monthly up to 35 days. In PCOD patients, this natural selection of the egg every month doesn’t occur. Instead, many small cysts are formed in the ovaries. So that is why there are many cysts formed in the ovaries, and then the patient does not have normal periods. That is why we say it a Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
Now how does a patient of PCOD present to us?
A patient of PCOD, if she is a young girl in her teens or in the early twenties, she usually comes to us saying that she is not having her monthly periods. She menstruates at one and a half months, two months, two and a half months, and when she menstruates, she usually has excessive bleeding with clots. If a lady is in her late twenties and has got married, and she is not able to conceive, then also the patient presents with the problem in conceiving. Also, there is usually an excess of hormones produced by the ovaries, that is an excess of estrogen as well as androgen which is the male hormones. The lady usually presents with male like pattern of hair growth that is hair growth on her chin on her face, around the nipples of her breasts, in her lower abdomen, especially over her thighs and she says that along with excessive hair growth, she has developed excessive acne and things also appear all over her scalp. These are basically because of an excess of androgens, which are the male hormones. This change in the hormonal value occurs because of Polycystic Ovarian Disease. Also, very often, patients come to us saying that she is gaining weight excessively. A patient comes and says that in the last 5 months, I have gained 10 kgs of weight. So patients usually present to us with symptoms of insulin resistance, in which there is overweight. Now, PCOD has actually become very common and patients who are as small as 11-12 years of age come to me, young girls presenting with PCOD. And the incidence is very very very high; 1 out of 10 women are now having PCOD.
How do tackle this PCOD?
See, there are three criteria which are very important. As I have told you, first is a presentation, that the lady is not ovulating, that is the egg which is formed every month is not released. Instead, multiple eggs multiple cysts form which we call in their ovaries. So, if the ultrasound shows that they are polycystic ovaries if the patient presents to us with less ovulation, or anovulation which we say which occurs when the patient is not having her regular periods, or there are signs of excess androgen that is male hormone with features of hirsutism. Then, out of these three, if two criteria are there in the lady someone is having PCOD.
Very often patients ask me, ‘Why do we, why am I suffering from PCOD?’ So if you ask me, there is no one particular cause which I can see, that this is the reason you have got. There are so many factors, it could be just genetic- your mother or sister has been suffering from PCOD, then your chances of having PCOD are always higher. There could just be low-grade information in her ovaries, which has disturbed the ovaries to an extent that it is releasing more of male hormones, making them bigger in size and that is causing the ovaries not to ovulate. Or it could just be because of obesity and high insulin levels. Again, because of high insulin in the body, it puts stress on the ovaries and they don’t ovulate.
So there are so many causes, you have to investigate the patient, there are a lot of investigations that have to be done and we can come to a diagnosis, it is possible. So, I’ll just conclude by saying that PCOD is very very common nowadays.
If you are having problems with your menstrual cycle, if you are gaining weight abnormally, if you have excessive hair growth anywhere which is not expected in females, face acne or hair loss, please do see us, see your local gynecologist, so if there is any problem, it can be sorted out in time. I’m Dr Nidhi as I already told you, I am based in Gurgaon, and you can contact me for any queries for PCOD or its treatment at LivWell clinic which is at Galleria Market and also you can contact me through Lybrate.