Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethaYour feedback matters!
I am a unmarried girl having age 23 I had sex with my bf 7 month ago after this we have had 4-5 time sex. I start fingering my pussy 1 year ago with my finger but after some time I used toothbrush instead of finger and I enjoyed it but since 2 or three month when I put brush in my pussy I am getting some blood out from my pussy. I have fingering once in a week. From last some time the bleeding from my pussy is increasing when I use toothbrush. firstly it took some time in start bleeding but from last two time it take only 1 or two minutes in bleeding and bleeding is increased from the last time. So I want to consult from you is it normal or any serious issue? What is the problem by which I am getting my pussy bleeding.
Recurrent or persistent involuntary spasm of the musculature of the outer third of the vagina that interferes with sexual intercourse.
Vaginismus may be mild, moderate or severe. In some females, even the anticipation of vaginal insertion may result in muscle spasm and prevention of penetration. Desire, pleasure and orgasmic capacity may not be impaired. The condition may disrupt relationship. Unconsummated marriage and infertility have been found to be associated with condition. Diagnosis is made during the routine gynecological examination when the contraction of vaginal outlet is observed. Contraction of the muscles may cause pain.
In some vaginismus cases occurs during sexual activity but not during gynecological examination. This disorder found more in younger women. Vaginismus is a psychosomatic problem. Women can experience orgasm by getting effective sexual stimulation, without penetration. Husband may become ‘impotent’ being persistently unsuccessful in penetration or because of not wanting to hurt his wife. We are treating such cases at WNHO Clinic, Pune. Detail Information help line Mob. No. 9822006427.
1. Pack it in advance
At the moment, food is still allowed in all forms of transportation (plane, bus, train, boat) so use it to your advantage by packing easy to-go meals and snacks to keep in your carry on. If you are traveling through the airport, all foods must be wrapped, packed, or contained. Also, the no liquid over 3.5 ounces rule applies here so leave dressings, sauces, or creamy substances at home if they are greater than said amount.
Here are 7 healthy travel snack examples:
1) Dried fruit and nut mix – Mix your favorite combo and throw them into the perfectly portioned snack bags. Some of my favorites are pistachios (shelled) and dried cranberries or raisins and almonds. For a lower calorie, crunchier option, add a high fiber cereal (6gm of fiber, 8gm of sugar) 2) nut butter sandwich – choose your favorite and slap it between 2 slices of 100% whole wheat or whole grain bread. I love justin’s nut butter travel packs as an option too.
3) Fruit – Make it easy by throwing a portable fruit in your bag. Apples and bananas are great go-tos for this.
4) Turkey sandwich – Try a low-sodium turkey breast (nitrate/nitrite-free is also a great choice) on 100% whole wheat or whole grain bread with your favorite mustard. Hint: adding mustard in between turkey slices will prevent soggy bread.
5) Veggies slices – If you don’t have the time to cut them, buy them pre-cut and throw them into a sandwich bag. Here’s an article on the best healthy snacks for the office that can also make a great travel snacks.
6) A health food bar – Choose ones that are made from whole and minimally processed ingredients and at least 8 grams of protein. Also, watch the sugar in these bars. Try to aim for less than 12 grams of sugar per bar. Some of my favorites include kindbar protein plus, think thin, nugo bar, oskri bar, clif mojo, the good bar, luna, luna protein, and simply bar.
7) Protein powders – These are great if you have a re-usable water bottle. Throw powder in with water or skim milk and you’ve got a great treat. Tera’s whey and vega offer great to-go packs!
If you are traveling by car, bring a cooler. This will expand your options tremendously!
2. Buy it on your way:
If you weren’t able to pack in advance, which is ideal, you can make the right choice when purchasing food at the airport, train station, gas station, or bus station. A few items that are available at most terminals and stations are:
Turkey or chicken sandwich
Nonfat or lowfat yogurt and fruit
Nuts mixed in nonfat or lowfat yogurt
Salads (with dressing on the side)
Trail mixes (without added sugary candies and chocolate)
Water (don’t go for sugar beverages, just don’t!)
3. Look around
Most of us rush to the station or terminal to sit and wait. Instead of going to the first vendor, use that time to look around at your options (and get some exercise). There has been a huge trend toward offering healthier options in almost all travel areas including airport terminals, bus stations, rest stops, and train stations. I know it isn’t perfect everywhere, but if you pack what you can, you can make it work!
4. Call ahead
If you are on a flight that will be serving meals, call the airline ahead of time. Most airlines will accommodate your health needs by offering meals that are lowfat, vegetarian, gluten-free, low sodium, etc. Or, opt out of airplane food all together by packing your own meal.
5. Stay mindful
Who wants indigestion, an upset stomach, or low energy when traveling? eating unhealthy foods while traveling may be easy, but it won’t make traveling fun. Keep this in mind when perusing your options.
6. Stay hydrated
It is important to stay hydrated while traveling, which is especially important on long flights. We feel most comfortable when humidity is around 50% – meaning the air is 50% saturated with water. Air in an airline cabin can fall to as low as 1% on long flights.
Dehydration can lead to headaches, muscle cramps, fatigue, and reduced concentration. Water and herbal teas are great ways to keep you going. If you are prone to upset stomachs or nausea, bring along a few herbal tea bags such as ginger or chamomile.
7. Smart restaurant choices
These can make or break a diet. Think about the same things you would if you were home:
Take a look at the menu online or ahead of time, if available.
Choose meat and fish items that are steamed, broiled, baked, grilled, poached or roasted.
Choose vegetables that have been steamed over sautéed or fried.
Ask for dressing accompaniments on the side such as dressing, sour cream, cheese, and mayonnaise.
Limit alcohol – I would suggest not doing this while you are in travel, especially if you are driving. If you have other modes and must partake, go for a glass of wine; lite beer; or a small a liquor with club soda, water, or on the rocks.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.
Dear sir I am 23 y old women. Now in present I am pregnant from 1.5 month but some day before I suffer from a problem. I am fill twisted in my stomach. From this problem I get around to properly eat. Feel after vomiting type. Last time I was pregnant same problem with me. But I was miscarriage with in 3 month so please suggest me.
My wife can't get the orgasm while sex, she got only pain during sex & no any other feelings. So she avoid the sex. What I can I do in such case?
Hi sir my last period date 15 october and this month today I had period 13 november so 2 days distance so can pregnancy possible ?
My friend is using overall tablet for irregular periods on regular course basis of 21 days which is consulted by a doctor. Is it ok to use the tablet continuously? is there is any side effects with those tablet by using it on regular basis. My doubt is that if the tablet changes the activities in a body and how harmful is that tablet to human that to especially for girls! please reply me on this. Thanks.
Are you struggling with a stubborn midsection? Losing that belly fat is about more than just aesthetics; having excess weight around the midsection can increase your likelihood for a variety of illnesses, including diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and certain cancers. This article will teach you how to lose belly fat and improve your overall health in the long run.
1. Eating Right
Reduce your caloric intake. While it's impossible to lose weight from only one part of the body, people who lose overall body weight tend to lose belly fat first.
• Cut down on sugar and starch. These types of foods tend to be stored as fat if the calories are not burned off immediately, and provide little in the way of nutrition. Instead, eat a diet that is primarily composed of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins like fish, chicken, turkey, and tofu.
• Keep a diet journal to help you keep track of the food you eat. Studies have shown that people who keep diet and exercise journals tend to lose more weight than people who don't.
• Avoid snacking in between meals or late at night. If you are hungry in between meals, munch on healthy things like carrots, celery, nuts, or fruit.
• Reduce your portion sizes. Remember that all foods can be enjoyed in moderation, as long as you don't overdo it.
• Water keeps you full in between meals, and helps avoid mistaking thirst for hunger. You should drink atleast 8 glasses of water everyday.
• Drink one full glass of water before every meal. This will fill up your stomach so that you feel fuller faster.
• Skip the sugary sodas and fruit juices and opt for water instead. This will save you hundreds of unneeded calories.
You should get half and hour of moderate to vigorous aerobic exercise atleast four times a week. Ideal exercises include jogging, walking, and uphill cycling.Whatever exercise you chose be sure you are getting your heart rate up.
• Choose an exercise that you genuinely enjoy. If you are having fun, you will be more likely to stick with it.
• If you don’t have time to go to the gym or get formal exercise, then find ways to incorporate more physical activity into your daily life. Do chores around the house, walk to your destination rather than driving, or go out dancing with friends. Remember, that exercise doesn’t always have to feel like work.
Get Enough Sleep:
People who are sleep deprived tend to feel sluggish, causing them to overeat to compensate for the lack of energy. Getting atleast 6-7 hours of sleep a night is crucial to maintaining your overall health, and can help you manage your weight in the long run.
While a certain amount of stress is unavoidable, too much stress can increase the level of cortisol in the body, which is responsible for excess fat storage.
• Regular exercise can manage stress. If you suffer from chronic stress, consider taking up yoga,meditation, or any other mind-body activities that focus on breathing, good posture and relaxation.
• Eliminate stress inducing people and/or things from your life, if possible. If your job is the cause of your chronic stress, consider changing careers or cutting down on your hours.
• Manage your time. Constantly running late and feeling pressed for time can be a major cause of stress. Better manage your time by making a list of things you need to accomplish in a given day, and check each one off as you go. Use a daily planner to to help organize your schedule and keep track of obligations.
Don’t try to spot reduce;
Crunches and other ab-busting work outs are great if you are trying to build muscle, but if you have excess belly fat, these type of exercises will build muscle underneath the fat without without targeting the fat itself. Instead of trying up your stomach only, focus on total body toning exercises that build overall muscle mass. The more you have, the more calories you will burn even when you are resting
• Stay focused and think about the clothes that you want to be able to wear.
• Track your progress by taking measurements, taking "before and after" pictures, and weighing yourself at least once a week.
• Time how long you run/ do exercise daily.
• Find an exercise or diet buddy to help keep you motivated.
• Cook meals at home when possible, and use olive oil or cooking spray rather than butter. When eating out, opt for protein-rich foods over starchy foods like pasta. Ask for dressings and sauces on the side to cut down on extra calories.
• Consider hiring a nutritionist or personal trainer to help point you in the right direction and keep you motivated.
Set yourself a goal and when you reach it, award yourself.
Dr Vivek Moitra,
Instant Healing Physiotherapy Clinic,
Near Sambhram Engineering College,
Vidyaranyapura, Bengaluru- 560097
Contact: 9886555614/ 9945352211
I am 25 years old. My question is related sex. How to increase my sex time. I spend only 2 or 3 mint with my wife in time of sex. So please suggest me what I have to do?
Hello Dr. My wife is 47 years old. She has vaginal pain, when penetrating she can't bear d pain and not interested in sex. She has fibroids. Please help!
Mujhe periods time se mai ho the h mere delivery ke bad this routine par hue but 2 month se problem start hue hai.
Hi my wife has missed her period n its been more than 45 days n still dere is no sign for it n we have tested preganews showing negative results. Kindly tell me wat cud b d reason for dis.
I got married this year and my wife told me that she is not having Menstrual periods from the time when she entered into her puberty age. She had undergone some surgeries and the doctors had told her she is not able to become a mother. Because her womb is too small and the fallopian tube is closed. Please review on this matter that will be kindness.
Post-pregnancy weight can be difficult to get rid of. It is a gradual process and often takes time. Experts are of the view that hormonal imbalance and a sudden increase in the diet are the major cause of the additional weight. This being said, shedding weight is possible if a consistent effort is made on a daily basis. Here is a list of hat tips to get you started:
- Walk every day: Walking 5 minutes a day does the world of good in the endeavor of shedding weight. Post the 6-week check-up after the arrival of the baby, the duration of walking can be increased. Brisk walking for half an hour can help the body to weight as much as 300 calories a day.
- Weight training- Weight training is one of the best forms of exercise to lose weight quickly. If hitting a gym is a problem, a personal trainer can be hired for working out. Certain exercises such as lifting small weights, doing lunges is a good way to start.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding for a time duration of 30-45 minutes (about3-4 times a day) helps to lose 600-800 calories per day. Some women even report of shedding all their extra weight just through breastfeeding. This is by far the easiest way of losing weight.
- Say no to calories- Calories, by all means, will have to be avoided. Certain fast food items such as soda, chocolate, and chips should not be consumed at all. Instead, meals rich in nutrient, fresh vegetable, fruits, whole grains etc. should be consumed on a daily basis.
- Frequent meals- 2 to 3 heavy meals a day are detrimental to a person trying to shed weight. Frequent meals, on the other hand, maintain a steady blood sugar level, reduce the tendency of over-eating and do not let fat store in the body.
- Frequent naps- Studies show that frequent naps can help a great deal of weight. It reduces the craving of eating food with high calorie. It also revitalizes the metabolism and refrains a person from long term self-deprivation. Naps will also help to gather enough energy to perform other physical activities.
- Healthy snacks- Home-made snacks containing whole wheat, low-fat milk and yogurt are good snack options for post pregnancy weight loss. These snacks block hormones that are responsible for storage of fat in the body.
- Yoga or meditation- Yoga has proved to be extremely effective for women trying to shed post-pregnancy weight. It especially helps in toning down the fat in the upper and lower abdomen which is extremely difficult to get rid of. Yoga also relaxes the mind and helps to focus more.
- Consumption of warm water- Drinking warm water after every meal serves two purposes.
- It doesn’t let the fat store inside the body.
- It helps in better digestion. It has to be ensured that the water is mildly warm and drinkable.
- Avoid stress- Nurturing a baby is exhausting enough. Stress on top of this can be disastrous. It leads to depression resulting into junk eating. It has to be ensured that stress is avoided by engaging in activities such as cooking, painting or listening to music. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.