Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SangeethaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 yrs old girl and me and my hubby are trying for baby since jan 2015. My first day of last period was 13th mar 2015. We had everyday relation from 23rd mar to 30th mar. I am facing very less nasuea and yesterday puked only once in evening. Can I know if m pregnant? Or when can I do my home pregnancy test? I hve done twice with pregasure but it showed me negative. Please suggest.
I am 29 years old male. 10 months have been passed after marriage. After making many times relations, pregnancy has not yet been adopted to her. She has noticed every time that discharge comes out after intercourse. Is it the reason of not adopting the pregnancy? What should we do now at this stage?
Hello doc. Firstly I have irregular periods. I had missed my periods last month ie in July n in this month I had got it on 9th n got over on 13th. On 16th I had an unprotected intercourse thus took a pill on same day. The problem is ,now again I have got my period. Ie twice in a month. My periods r preponed by 15 days. Why is it so? I'm unable to understand anything. Is it that I'm pregnant or my periods cycle got messed up cos of the contraceptive pill?
Meri wife 3 month se pregnant hai uski age 21 years hai use kuchh bhi khane pine men achha nahi lagta hai jiske wajah se kaafi weak ho gai hai koi samadhan bataen ?
I am suffering from the problem of irregularities since last 8 months nd this month also my periods are 3 weeks late even now I dnt have sign for having it what should I do?
My wife is 6 month pregnant .she has heavy pain in the right side of her belly and she cannot sleep from the right side .what was the problem .
I am at a young age and I have started my period however I am getting painful period cramps. What do you think should be done?
I am 34 yes old .and my husband is a daily drinker .I have been trying to conceive for the last 2-3 years but nothing happened .doctor says that my husband has to leave drinking but he doesn't agree. No other test has been done. I wanted to know that can I opt for IVF does it require husband concern .and what would be the estimate of the treatment.
PCOS is an abbreviation for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It is a problem that is caused in women when their hormones are out of balance. It affects menstrual periods and can even hinder conception when aggravated to an advanced stage. Many women having PCOS develop small cysts on their ovaries. These cysts might not be harmful, but they lead to hormonal imbalances.
Common symptoms include:
- Gain of weight or Weight loss problems
- Excess hair on body and face
- Irregularities in periods
- Fertility problems
It is possible for most women with PCOS who fail to attain pregnancy easily to use other treatments to get pregnant. Using In vitro fertilization (IVF) is one such mode of treatment. The procedure is helpful if done within the age of forty. You should undergo IVF only in a high quality clinic under the supervision of an experienced doctor.
There is a considerable amount of risk of having a higher order multiple pregnancy due to treatment of PCOS infertility using injectable gonadotrophins. Recent developments have allowed the patients to maintain high rates of pregnancy while simultaneously controlling the risk of multiple pregnancy. A variant of the standard IVF treatment known as Blastocyst embryo transfer is useful in the control of multiple birth rates. Generally, success rates for IVF treatment in cases where infertility is caused due to PCOS is quite high.
IVF Protocols for PCOS
There are two simulation protocols that are commonly used with PCOS:
- Ganirelix with Lupron trigger protocol: Used to avoid ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
- PCOS down-regulation protocol
This protocol combines:
- Oral Contraceptive Pills
A calendar is followed for the down regulation protocol for PCOS. Before starting with Lupron, a dosage ( 500 mg, 3 times a day) of metformin is followed daily. After this, oral contraceptive pills are prescribed for around 21 days. Lupron coincides with the last 3 pills of birth control.
Lupron is a subcutaneous injection of a medicine that is taken once daily. Simulation of the ovaries is initiated after 6 or 7 days without using pills. It is very important with polycystic ovary that the dose of FSH hormone is properly controlled and that the ovarian response is cautiously monitored. Over response to the treatment can cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. This should be avoided.
If you want to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist.
Usual dose is 1 to 3 gms with vehicles such as water, buttermilk, mritsanjivani sura or any other suitable vehicle according to current symptoms and condition of the patient.
It's called adrakh satv.
I missed my periods! MY last date (start) was 25-26 september. I had intercourse on 9th Of October. Please advice.
My fiance is pregnant we can't tell our family members about this. So can abortion be done without letting any one know . And how much does it take. She is 2 month pregnant.
Pain during or after sexual intercourse is known as dyspareunia. Although this problem can affect men, it is more common in women. Women with dyspareunia may have pain in the vagina, clitoris or labia. There are numerous causes of dyspareunia, many of which are treatable.
Common causes include the following:
- Vaginal dryness
- Atrophic vaginitis, a common condition causing thinning of the vaginal lining in postmenopausal women
- Side effects of drugs such as antihistamines and tamoxifen (Nolvadex and other brands)
- An allergic reaction to clothing, spermicides or douches
- Endometriosis, an often painful condition in which tissue from the uterine lining migrates and grows abnormally inside the pelvis
- Inflammation of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvar vestibulitis
- Skin diseases, such as lichen planus and lichen sclerosus, affecting the vaginal area
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Psychological trauma, often stemming from a past history of sexual abuse or trauma.
Symptoms of Dyspareunia:
Women with dyspareunia may feel superficial pain at the entrance of the vagina or deeper pain during penetration or thrusting of the penis. Some women also may experience severe tightening of the vaginal muscles during penetration, a condition called vaginismus.
Your health practitioner will check for the following things
- If there was ever a time you had painless intercourse or if you have always had dyspareunia
- If you have enough natural lubrication and if your symptoms improve when you use commercially available lubricants
- About your sexual history (to help assess your risk for sexually transmitted infections)
- If you have ever been sexually abused or had a traumatic injury involving your genitals.
- Lubrication with an over-the-counter lubricant such as K-Y jelly.
- Antifungal medication(if you have any kind of fungal infection)
- Sitz baths for removing the inflammation
- For skin diseases affecting the vaginal area, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus often improve with steroid creams.
- Therapies include topical estrogen cream, low-dose pain medications, and physical therapy with biofeedback to lower the muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Surgeries can also be prescribed for abnormal growths
For dyspareunia that has no apparent physical cause or has lasted for months or years, you may need psychological counseling to address stress or anxiety regarding sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
संधिवात में शरीर के किसी संधि जोड में शोध
की उत्पत्ति होती है। धीरे-धीरे शोथ
विकसित होता है और तीव्र शूल (दर्द) होने
लगता है। शोथ के कारण त्वचा लाल हो जाती
है। संधि शोथ को स्पर्श करने में भी पीड़ा
होती है। रात को अधिक पीड़ा होने से रोगी
की नींद नष्ट हो जाती हैं।
संधि शोथ और शूल के कारण रोगी चलने-फिरने में
असमर्थ हो जाता है। उठकर खड़े होने में भी तीव्र
शूल होता है। संधिवात के कारण रोगी को ज्वर
भी हो जाता है। संधिवात के उग्र रूप धारण करने
पर रोगी की भूख नष्ट हो जाती है।
* लहसुन की एक-दो कली प्रतिदिन हल्के गर्म जल
के साथ सेवन करें।
* गर्म जल व दूध में मधु मिलाकर पीने से बहुत लाभ
* लहसुन की कलियों को सरसों के तेल में देर तक
उबालकर जलाएं, फिर उस तेल को छानकर संधि
शोथ के अंगों पर मालिश करें।
* मेथी का चूर्ण बनाकर प्रतिदिन 3 ग्राम चूर्ण
हल्के गर्म जल के साथ सेवन करने से संधिवात का
शूल कम होता है।
* संधिवात का रोगी कोष्ठबद्धता होने पर एरंड
का तेल 7-8 ग्राम की मात्रा में उबाले हुए दूध में
* अदरक के 5 ग्राम रस में मधु मिलाकर सेवन करने से
संधि शूल नष्ट होता है।
* महा नारायण तेल की संधि शोथ पर मालिश
* चुकंदर का सेवन करने से संधि शूल नष्ट होता है।
* प्याज के रस को सरसों के तेल में मिलाकर
हल्का-सा गर्म करके संधि शोथ पर मलने से बहुत
लाभ होता है।
* आलू की सब्जी खाने से शूल कम होता है।
* कुलथी को जल में उबालकर क्वाथ बनाएं। क्वाथ
को छानकर उसमें सोंठ का चूर्ण और सेंधा नमक
* अजवायन का 3 ग्राम चूर्ण थोड़ा-सा सेंधा
नमक मिलाकर हल्के गर्म जल के साथ सेवन करें।
क्या न खाएं?
* संधिवात के रोगी शीतल खाद्य और शीतल
पेयों का सेवन न करें।
* सब्जियों में गाजर, मूली, टमाटर, अरबी,
कचालू, फूलगोभी, भिंडी न खाएं।
* दही और तक्र (मट्ठे) का सेवन न करें।
* चावल व उड़द की दाल का सेवन न करें।
* घी, तेल, मक्खन से बने पकवान न खाएं।
* उष्ण मिर्च-
मसालों से बनी तली हुई चीजों का सेवन ना
* नंगे पाव फर्श पर न घूमें।
* भीगे वस्त्रों में देर तक न रहें।
Doctor I am 30 years old married women. Suffering with high bp and thyroid. I am taking medicines thyrox 25 for thyroid and tazloc 40 for bp. I just want to know ki kya above mention tablet ki karan red discharge ho sakta hai. Mere period 13th of aug ko aaye thi lekin aaj mujhe small amount me discharge ke sath red cell aaye . I was also suffer with uti infection earlier near about a month back . I am worried kya ye red discharge normal hai . Ya mujhe fir se uti infection ho gya hai. Red discharge aane se phele we had intercourse without protection . I am also felling pain during intercourse. Waiting for reply. :-(
My wife aged about 40 years, recently, getting excreta very very hard, not smooth. She says, something is there which is blocking excreta. What could be the the reason and how to get rid off it.
One of the most important decisions a couple takes is to start a family. It fills them with hope and joy of new future, but if the attempts have been unsuccessful for more than six months, it can take a toll on the relationship and the mental health of the couple. This is the time to seek fertility specialist who will be appropriate to analyze the situation and provide proper guidance. Read on to find out the exact indications to see a fertility specialist:
1. If a woman who is under the age of 35 is unable to get pregnant even after a year of having regular unprotected sex
2. A woman who has had more than three miscarriages
3. Someone who has suffered from blocked fallopian tubes and is in need of surgery
4. One who experiences irregular ovulation
5. A couple who has suffered from genital infections
6. A pregnant woman who has consumed an estrogen derivative
7. A man who has been diagnosed with low semen count, also known as poor motility
8. A couple who has not been diagnosed with any irregularity but is infertile
Which specialist should you visit?
If you or your partner or both have shown signs of infertility, then visiting the following specialists can be helpful:
- Specialists for men - Urologists and Andrologists are specialists who treat men for infertility. Urologists conduct an analysis of semen quality, semen count, hormone levels, reproductive organs and abnormalities in bladder and kidneys. Andrologists are medical professionals who specialize in hormonal conditions and physiology of male infertility.
- Specialists for women - Hormonal imbalance is one of the potent obstacles to pregnancy. If a general obstetrician/gynecologist has not been able to successfully treat a woman then she can visit a reproductive endocrinologist who specializes in hormonal disorders. Depending upon the nature of the problem, she can also visit a reproductive surgeon who deals with uterine abnormalities, endometriosis, and reproductive organ surgery. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!