Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta VardiYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old boy. My nose gets bleeding on every day. Drops of blood coming from the nose .I tried lot of medicine s but no change. What should I do?
My ear is paining very hardly pain left side Me, sunnnnnn ki avaj(sound) aati h clear nhi sunayi deta, letne pr pani niklta h.
My left ear vibrates when I hear some loud noise. I am not talking about the shrill noise which people hear when their ear is exposed to high pitch sound. Even if I shout my left ear feels the irritating harsh vib. What should I do?
I have a jaw pain 2 days back. At that time of my dinner I heard one sound near to jaw as below to my ear lobe. I felt lot of pain and also I can't chew anything normally. What should I do?
I have the problem of tonsils, any change in weather conditions causes me harm and I have severe pain in my throat while drinking and eating.
I have a problem with my teeth gum. Once I check my mouth my gum is behind my teeth ang thats ok. But on the other side my gum cover hal of my teeth and I mostly have headache. Feels like the veins above my ear.
I am suffering from sinusitis. I don't have infection all the time. But always have nasal blockage. I want to have permanent cure. Since I am always feeling very irritated .what should I do.
My nose is getting bleed suddenly. It's flowing like a tap. I have a bone growing in the nose due to which I am not able to breathe properly. What should I do now?
I am having sinus problem i am having frontal headache as soon as I rise in morning daily and also at the backside of my neck and also having some amount of blood in my cough and from nose n daily five to six times of sneezing.
What do I do to prevent acid reflux which causes coughing when I lay down at night, to sleep. Will I never be able to have ice cream, cold water, achhar. Because my throat is so sensitive and prone to sore throat, even with ac.
I was suffering from chikungunya. Now I am recovering. But I have too much mouth ulcers and sore throat. I've so much pain in mouth. Can I take Levofloxacin 500/ Azithromycin 500 for that? Does it have any severe side effects? Please explain. Thank you.
I had pharyngitis few months ago so I took medicines and it got cured now again I get white cough and when I try hard small amount of blood also comes out in it and also on the upper part of left chest just beside the neck I feel pain like sensations sometimes and numbness in my left hand as well. Please suggest me what should I do.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.