Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta VakhariaYour feedback matters!
From past 2-3 months, my left hand thumb had got swelling and it developed like a wound and puss is coming out regularly. I am unable to do anything with that thumb. Its like a dummy. Swelling is still there and sometimes its paining also. I am 36 years old.
During sex I have used condom .and after that my periods has stopped since 40 days. Is this any serious problem? M I pregnant ?please give suggestion because I don't want to be pregnant right now.
Actually My marriage has been completed 6 years and no progress in respect of child being done so far I checked myself.
Hey, I'm 24 year old. I have problem with 2 weeks when I'm going to bathroom it's bleeding and too much painful what can I do.
I have unprotected sex with my partner. We don't want pregnancy. Please tell me what should I do to avoid pregnancy. And when earliest I will be able to know whether she is pregnant or not and suggests me how can I be assure of it. Thank you.
I am 36 years and 22 weeks pregnant. My analogy USG scan shows complete placenta previa. For 3 to 4 days I am through out and my BP is 70/100. I am always feeling sleepy and not willing to eat. I m having pain above the abdomen. Please advice
Can I have sex with a STD infected person and if I can what are the conditions for safe sex please tell me.
Ultra sonography report: normal in shape & size with protuberant nipple there are no sub - areolarductal dilatation. Parenchymal echo-textures appear to be homogenous. Reveals few, more or less, well defined cystic s. O. L of varying sizes in both the breasts. Cyst in right lower outer quadrant: 0.61cm*0.27cm. Cyst in left upper inner quardrant: 0.80cm*0.74cm. Cyst in let lower outer quadrant: 1.24cm*1.26 cmcm. Another ill-definedhypoechoic s. O. L of size (1.21cm*0.72cm) is also seen in right upper outer quadrant. Thereare no axillary lymphadenopathy. Impression: breast cyst (bilateral) s. O. Lin right breast.
She's suffering from irregular periods. And today she is feeling like anxiety headache vomiting nd all.Please help.
My wife is afraid of having inter course, she is not allowing me near for that. Rest every thing is ok. Is there a way to do without her knowledge. Tried convincing for last three years, and took her for doctor consultation, it didn't work.
My wife's period was stop in 14 may & I had unprotected sex on 20 may morning & I ejaculate outside of vagina. After 30 mins my wife's start brown vagina discharge flow is low. Brown vaginal discharge is still coming. Is this a sign of pregnancy or infection? If yes so what is the medicine to stop discharge.
Can I drink green tea during pregnancy? How much tea/ coffee intake is permissible during pregnancy? I am in 4 th month of pregnancy.
Hello, I have been taking iron supplements as prescribed since many days. Nowadays, I feel frequent fatigue & my CBC reports usually show low HB & low MCV. Everytime I visit a doctor, they give me medicines for iron & folic acid, I feel good for 1-2 days n then its same again. I get swelling at ankles & wrists n doctors say its because of anaemia & improper blood circulation. Now sometimes I find it too difficult too walk, legs keep aching severely. With a 5 minute walk, I feel exhausted, short of breath. Things feel better when I stay lying on bed for a long time. Can you please help?
M 22 Saal ki hu. Mere periods problem h. Mjhko 1 Saal phle chicken pox hua uske baad irregularities h. Maine ayurvedic dwai bhi li isk liye. Is baar bhi 10 Din late ho gye h periods nhi aaye h. Maine prega news se test Bhi kia h result negative aaya h. Body pr jgh jgh pimples type rashes hogye h. Kuch asa ilaz btaye ki date bhi aajaye ab or irregularity bhi na ho or date k time pet dard bhi jyada hota h vomit bhi aajati h usse raahat mile. please suggest the solution for this. Thankyou.
Miscarriage refers to the spontaneous loss of the fetus before one completes the 20th week of pregnancy, taking into account the period from the conception to gestation. It usually happens in the first trimester of the pregnancy; that is within the seventh and the twelfth week of conception. Recurrent miscarriage is when one suffers from multiple miscarriages in a row.
- Abnormally-shaped Uterus: Some miscarriages, particularly late ones, are thought to happen because the uterus (womb) has an abnormal shape.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Women with this condition have many small cysts in their ovaries.They also tend to have hormonal problems, including high levels of insulin and male hormone in the blood, which can lead to recurrent miscarriage.
- Infection: Some serious infections can cause or increase the risk of single miscarriages. These include toxoplasmosis, rubella, listeria and genital infection. But it is not clear whether infection plays a role in recurrent miscarriage.
- Diabetes and Thyroid Problems: Uncontrolled diabetes and untreated thyroid problems can cause miscarriage. But well-controlled diabetes and treated thyroid problems do not cause recurrent miscarriage.
Your risk of recurrent miscarriage is higher if:
- You and your partner are older; the risk is highest if you are over 35 and your partner over 40;
- You are very overweight. Being very underweight may also increase your risk.
Each new pregnancy loss increases the risk of a further miscarriage. But even after three miscarriages, most couples will have a live baby next time.
Testing After Recurrent Miscarriage:
If you have had three miscarriages in a row, you should be offered tests to try to find the cause. This should happen whether or not you already have one or more children. Testing is not usually offered after one or two early miscarriages (up to 14 weeks) because these are often due to chance. But you might be offered tests after two early miscarriages if you are in your late 30s or 40s or if it has taken you a long time to conceive.
If you had a late (second trimester) miscarriage, where your baby died after 14 weeks of pregnancy, you should be offered tests after this loss.
- You can opt for blood tests to check for sticky blood syndrome or APS. Tests would look for antibodies that would help treat the condition. Antibodies are chemicals produced by the body to combat infections.
- Get an examination done should the doctor suspect chromosomal abnormalities and in case it is diagnosed, both of you can consult a clinical genetics specialist for genetics counseling.
- Your doctor will recommend an ultrasound scan to trace any type of abnormality that may make a pregnancy futile, for instance, a short or a fragile cervix.
It is natural to pin your hopes on testing as the answer to your problems. But there are three reasons why it may not be the answer you’re looking for:
- A cause may not be found; when this happens your miscarriages are called ‘unexplained’
- Even if a cause is found, it may not be treatable;
- Treatment may not lead to a successful pregnancy. This can happen if a pregnancy miscarriages for a different reason than the one being treated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.