Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeta Raodeo
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Cervicitis
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta RaodeoYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sangeeta Raodeo to be saved my life and knowledgeable. Super
we were very happy with doctor,she patiently hears the complaints and explains in detail
Dr. Sangeeta Raodeo provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you for information
Dr. Sangeeta Raodeo provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks a lot Mam....
Pregnancy is a beautiful stage in every woman's life but loss of pregnancy at any stage is an area of concern and its important to understand what leads to this stage , post which correct guidance and medications need to be taken.
I am 21 years old and I had sex with my boyfriend unfortunately 1 take 2 unwanted 72 in 10 hours of cycle. What effect it seriously? Please tell me. And I had take this pill 8 hours later of intercourse .It may chance pregnancy or not please tell.
I had a sex with my wife last hour right from now. She just free from menstruation cycle yesterday. We have a 5 and half month baby also. We had used a branded condom (SCORE) and it got burst inside her Vagina. I am afraid if she will get pregnant. Does she need to get iPill or some other tablet to prevent unwanted pregnancy? Please respond as soon as possible.
Laparoscopy, also known as minimally invasive surgery, is a type of surgery that is used to operate the organs inside the abdomen without making big incisions. The surgery is done with the help of a laparoscope, which is a long and thin tube carrying a high-resolution camera at the front and high-intensity light. A laparoscope is connected to a video monitor and then inserted inside the abdomen through the small incision (0.5 cm to 1.5 cm). As the instrument moves inside the abdomen, it sends images to the video monitor, which the surgeons uses as a reference to operate the affected parts.
Laparoscopy is also used as a diagnostic technique to examine the organs of the abdomen or pelvis and this makes it very useful for gynecologists. This surgical and diagnostic technique plays a significant role in gynecology as it can help diagnose and treat multiple gynecological problems with minimum pain and discomfort to the patient. In fact, there is a special instrument called fertiloscope, a type of laparoscope that is modified and made fit for the trans-vaginal application.
Uses of laparoscopy
- It helps in diagnosing and curing a host of female infertility problems.
- It has proven to be helpful in treating a number of disorders related to the female reproductive organs.
- It is a reliable, precise, and cost-effective instrument or technique used by a number of gynecologists at the first stage of infertility treatment.
- It is a sound technique to treat female infertility as it helps to determine whether a patient needs conventional treatment, IVF (in vitro fertilization), or a corrective surgery.
Use of laparoscopy in gynecological problems
- Treatment of fibroids of uterus
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the fertilized egg attaches itself outside the uterus)
- Treatment of endometriosis (a painful condition in which the tissue lining the inside of the uterus called endometrium begins to grow outside)
- Removal of adhesions
- Removal of the womb or ovaries
- Removal of the lymph nodes during cancer treatment
- Removal of ovarian cysts
- Diagnosis of cancer of the reproductive organs
- Female sterilization (surgery of fallopian tubes to prevent pregnancy)
- Detection of tumors or abnormal mass of tissues
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the infertility treatment that has been carried out
Advantages of laparoscopy:
Laparoscopy offers many advantages over conventional surgery and diagnosis, including the following:
- It is more precise and accurate
- It is painless (during surgery as well as diagnosis)
- It minimizes hemorrhage
- It allows for shorter recovery time
- It ensures reduced risk of infection to the organs
- It is cost-effective
- It is more helpful for the gynecologists as they can see the inside of the organs in real-time
Therefore, it is evident that laparoscopy is no less than a boon in gynecology. Its multiple advantages and high success rate in treating infertility problems in women and other problems related to their reproductive organs make it a great surgical and diagnostic technique. Nevertheless, it is necessary to take advice of the doctor before undergoing laparoscopic surgery or diagnosis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My doctor has prescribed to take crisanta medicine I finish my first pack on 29th july 2018. To uske kitne din baad periods ho jyenge.
Conceiving a baby is one of the most joyous experiences for a couple and it can be a healthy one as well if the couple is aware of pre- and post-conception care. While it is true that these days couples are more aware of family planning and pregnancy than they were in the earlier days, it still makes sense to make pre- and post-conception care a part of life when going for a baby.
- It helps one get pregnant faster – Many times, couples looking to get pregnant think that getting off the pill is sufficient to get pregnant but this is not true. Getting off the pill is just the first step towards conceiving and it has to be supplemented with other steps such as keeping a tab on the ovulation cycle, having intercourse at the most favorable time and with the right technique, eating a nutritious diet, saying no to unhealthy habits such as smoking and drinking and much more. It is only when a couple follows these other steps that the woman can get pregnant and this is why it is important to be aware of these pre-conception care steps as they ensure quicker pregnancy.
- It ensures healthy pregnancy – The nine months of pregnancy are a delicate time for the mother-to-be and she needs to take care of her health to make sure that her baby is also fine. She needs to eat healthily and abstain from harmful lifestyle activities, before as well as after conceiving. Pre-conception care makes sure that the fetus is healthy right from the beginning. The practice of healthy habits and lifestyle prior to and after conception makes the uterus fit to carry the fetus. It ensures that the mother-to-be is also in the right state of mind and body to sail through the pregnancy.
- It minimizes the chance of miscarriage and post-delivery complications – Miscarriage is something that creates fear in the minds of women and if they have had a history of abortion then they are even more concerned. However, if they know necessary things about pre - and post-conception care and follow it, they can minimize the chances of miscarriage and also deliver the baby safely. Also, proper care makes sure there are no birth defects in the child and the mother and the baby are healthy after the delivery.
Basic few blood tests need to be done prior to planning pregnancy so that if any variation found, it can be corrected. Also, those women who are already on certain pills, need to reassure that medications that they are taking are safe.
Pre-conception care is vital not just for women but also for men. The latter also need to follow a healthy lifestyle in order to make conception a reality. Healthy lifestyle results in increased sperm count and healthier sperm, which when fertilizes with the eggs, results in a healthy embryo. As for post-conception care, it rests with the woman but being the father-to-be, the man also needs to be educated and mentally prepared for the pregnancy.
He needs to give emotional support to the mother of his child and look after her during the nine months. So, pre- and post-conception care is for the man as well as the woman and therefore, both should learn and get themselves educated about the same.