Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta Paresh VartyYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old boy often falls sick. Suffers from runny nose following by fever. How to raise his immunity.
Took Otrivin for more than 3 months daily! And now, I guess my nose remains stuffed for no reason, even when I'm fit and healthy. How do I get rid of my nose's addiction? Its quite humid here in Kolkata, so humidifiers don't work. Saline sprays don't work either.
Hi, i'm 18 year old from last fours months i'm sick my symptoms changes time after time fifteen days back I was feeling 2) nervousness in whole body specially heart and stomach 3) insomnia 4) dry mouth 5) health anxiety 6) i'm feeling my mind blank 7) feeling of getting crazy 8) heavyness on head 9) drowsiness 10) nausea 11) heart palpitations 12) muscle tension 13) restlessness 14) dizziness 15) always one thought remain in mind that when I will fine always thinking about health after than I got fine for 7 days now from last four days i'm feeling i'm feeling 1) heavyness on my head 2) excessive dizziness 3) excessive drowsiness, 4excessive nervousness 5, disbalanced, 6) excessive tiredness, 7) something like deafness in my ear 8 worried, 8) feeling of my mind getting blank 9) dis orientation, 10) difficult in concentrate on a past event 11) memory disturbing 12) health anxiety this all from last four months my signs and synptoms changes time after time I consult many physican but nothing improve i'm unable to understand what happens to me please suggest me what to do I take these medicine in past I take these medicine I take 1) etizolam 2) para cr (paroxentine) 3) riser 4) escitalopram (cipralex) 5) propanolol please suggested me what to do? help me.
I am 63 and suffering from vertigo since a year. Right now I am on Vertin 16 mg one in the morn and one at night. Its under control. I also have 2 drinks in the night around 100 ml whisky or Brandy. It helps in getting sound sleep. Is it safe?
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"