Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeta Mudliyar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta MudliyarYour feedback matters!
One of my friend, child was born yesterday, normal delivery. Its boy baby and baby is not crying. What will be the reason of not crying and please advice.
Children start talking in the first two years of their life. While everyone learns at a different rate, some children have more difficulty as compared to others. In such cases, your child may benefit by consulting a speech therapist. A speech therapist’s sole purpose is to spend one on one time with your child and help them overcome communication issues. Some of the ways a speech therapist can help are:
- Better Articulation: Articulation refers to a person’s ability to move the jaw, tongue, lips and palate to enunciate sounds. If the child can articulate properly, he or she will also be able to make more intelligible sounds. A speech therapist can help a child produce specific sounds and sound patterns. This can make their speech more easily understood by others.
- Expand the child’s vocabulary: Once a child learns how to articulate different sounds, a speech therapist can help them learn new words. They can also help them learn how to string these words together into a phrase or sentence. This is known as expressive vocabulary. It helps your child communicate better and rely less on gestures and more on words. For example, he could learn to say bye instead of only waving his hand.
- Increased receptivity: Communication is a two-way street. Receptivity refers to a child’s ability to understand and listen to others. While a speech therapist helps a child speak with more clarity it also helps them become better listeners. When children have a bigger vocabulary, they can use their knowledge to answer questions, participate in conversations and follow directions.
- Stuttering: Stuttering is a common disorder that affects children. It can be understood as taking breaks in speech, repeating words and syllables. This condition usually begins in childhood and can often continue into adulthood. If left untreated, stuttering can also cause unusually facial movements, tension in the head and neck and odd motor movements. A speech therapist can help your child control such behaviour and treat their stuttering problem.
- Resonance: When a child cannot speak properly, they tend to scream and shout to get themselves understood. This can cause vocal abuse. Resonance refers to voice quality determined by sound vibrations in the oral and nasal cavities. Vocal abuse can affect resonance and make a child’s voice hoarse. By helping them speak more clearly, a child will no longer have to shout to make himself understood and hence will have better voice quality.
My 8 year old daughter has suddenly started burping a lot in the past few months. It started happening over past 8 to 9 months. She is also having gastric problems. Please advise. Thanks.
I am having a newborn of 5 days. She has long skull as per her doc she has blood clot in her skull due to natural delivery. Please info if its is normal and the skull will take normal shape automatically after certain time? Please help really worried.
Rickets causes muscles and bones to become soft, which can cause permanent deformities in children. It is most common in children and infants who have a poor diet or who are housebound, but is nowadays relatively rare in developed countries. Breast-fed babies are at higher risk if they or their mothers do not take in enough sunlight, and baby formula is now designed to prevent this. Rickets is caused by a lack of vitamin D or of calcium. Vitamin D is required for calcium to be properly absorbed into bones to strengthen them. Adults rarely develop rickets because their bones are not growing and do not need much calcium. Vitamin D itself is obtained from many foods but the body can only use it if it has been converted into its active form via sunlight. In recent years there has been a slight increase in children with rickets possibly due to too many of them staying indoors.
I have second baby problem first baby 8 year old also and without any treatment but we have Trying second baby last 4-5year Doctor suggest ivf but I want natural baby.
After my baby birth I have sufficient milk now my child is 2 month but I am noticing my flowing of milk becoming slow its so slow that when I am pumping my breast through hand milk is coming for feeding my baby please tell me which food which I consume for instant milk for my baby I am so worried abt it.
Here are a few questions which every new mother wants to know when they see a diaper rash:
1. Should the baby's diet be changed during a diaper rash?
Certain food items such as fruit juices can lead to diarrhea in babies. This can lead to a diaper rash. When new food is introduced or antibiotics are given, then that might also affect the digestion of the baby.
2. Are teething and diaper rash related?
As per dermatologists, the two have nothing in common though they might occur at the same time.
3. Which ointment should be used for a diaper rash?
Ointments that contain zinc oxide can provide relief from diaper rash. A thick layer should be applied on the skin to keep away irritants as if all of it is rubbed off then it might cause pain.
4. Can cloth diapers be an alternative?
The fact is that there is no proof that a cloth diaper might be better than the other diaper in case of a rash. In case, disposable diapers are used, then care should be taken to change them frequently as rashes can occur due to a moist environment. If the baby is allergic to a particular brand, then changing the same could prove to be helpful. Diapers induced with fragrances and dyes can cause allergic reactions. Babies who are allergic to disposable diapers can do better with cloth ones, though they should be changed frequently. The rule is one diaper per hour, so the needful should be done.
5. What type of wipes is best for the baby in case of a sore bottom?
In case of a diaper rash a mild, fragrance-free wipe should be used. Wipes which are labeled as hypoallergenic or for sensitive skin should be used. If the baby poops then he or she must be cleaned with a cloth and water and later some mineral oil should be applied to the baby's bottom.
6. What should be done if nappy rash extends to the other parts?
In case there are red spots and patches outside the nappy area, then the baby might be suffering from an infection. If this happens then consult your doctor.
7. What should be done to give relief to the baby?
The best thing to do is that the baby's bottom should get some air. Leave the baby without a diaper, as this gives his skin a break from the rubbing, and germs which might be present in wet places like a diaper. Application of the cream with zinc oxide provides relief to a baby.
8. How long does the rash last?
Maximum of 3 days.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!