Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Last week (29th of may) I took ipill within 72 hours still I did not get ma periods is it necessary to checkup or consult doc? I am worried. N m periods suppose to start aftr 7th of june.
Certain diseases are fatal, thus, proper measures must be taken to ensure that once the symptoms have been confirmed, treatment must start immediately. Syphilis is one of the most communicable sexually transmitted diseases. If left untreated, Syphilis can be fatal.
It can lead to heart disease, brain damage and blindness. A woman infected with Syphilis can also pass it on unknowingly to her baby, if she suffers from the disease during her pregnancy. Syphilis can be easily treated, but if left too late, the antibiotics that treat it cannot reverse the damage caused by Syphilis.
Syphilis can be tested by:
- A blood test: In most cases, a simple blood test can confirm the presence of Syphilis by showing signs of the antibodies used to fight it.
- Testing the fluid from the sores: This is usually done in the case of primary or secondary Syphilis when sores are present on the patient's skin. Looking at a scraping of the sore under a microscope can be used to diagnose Syphilis if it shows the presence of the Syphilis bacteria.
- Testing cerebrospinal fluid: This is performed only in extreme cases of Syphilis where the disease may have caused complications with your nervous system. The earlier Syphilis is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat.
Syphilis is usually treated with antibiotics amongst which penicillin is the most preferred. If you've had Syphilis for less than a year, a single injected dose of penicillin can stop the disease from progressing. You may need additional doses if you have been suffering from Syphilis for more than a year. Penicillin is also the only antibiotic that can cure Syphilis and suits pregnant women as well. If you have been diagnosed with Syphilis during pregnancy, your baby should also be treated for it.
When undergoing treatment for Syphilis, here are a few other points to keep in mind:
- Abstain from oral, vaginal and anal sex until the sores have healed
- Get blood tests at regular intervals for at least a year after treatment
- Get tested for an HIV infection
- Fevers, nausea, headaches and chills are normal side effects associated with Syphilis treatment
- If you are allergic to penicillin, let your doctor know so that you can be given an alternative antibiotic
- If you have a lesion around your mouth, Syphilis can even spread through kissing another person
The good news is that once you've been cured of Syphilis, it does not recur. However, it is recommended to always use protection while having intercourse and abstain from sexual activities if your partner suffers from Syphilis.
My age is 26 and I have delivered a baby 42 days ago. And my sacrum and coccyx bone pains sometimes.What is the reason?
My period is not longer than 2 days. And my weight increases abnormally instead of work out. Great fatigueness also. So please suggest what are the precaution should I take. After I will consult with doctor.
My wife is 38 years old I am 56 we have tight issue now I want one more wife has done sterilization is it possible?
I am 24 years old. After delivery my first period date is 26.09,2016. But this month not yet come my 2nd period. Home pregnancy test show negative only. I am feeding women. Please suggest ideas.
The outer layer of my vagina remains extremely dry and the skin is a bit swollen as well. Irritation and smell in the pubic area. Repetitive complaints of UTI and fungal infection. Very itchy and very thin fluid discharge sometimes.
Hello ma'am, I'm having a severe pain in my abdominal part and in vaginal part too. I'm not into any relationship or something. Whenever I go for urine I have a an intense pain in my vagina and there is a problem of white discharge too with a stinky smell. Please help me.
Doctor, m 28 years old n recently my left areola have a light change than normal as its light brown in colour but now , within the areola thr are having small circles n have lighter colour than the whole. Wat may b the reason is it hazardous to me. Around 3 months during sex my husband feels that milk coloured salty tasted substance coming frm my breast but I can't feel any pain. M nt pregnant also can you pls explain wats happening.
We as a couple are planning for a family for last 3 to 4 months, I am 33 while my wife is 30. However we are not sure if our approach is in the right direction or not. We have been following the ovulation cycle carefully, and every time we feel this is the time but the only thing happens is the periods get delayed by 3 or 4 days and we are back to zero. Not able to understand where the problem lies, inspite of following all the processes properly. Please guide as to what should be our approach now in this case.
Positive and Negative aspects of Fear
Hi I am Dr. Priyanka Srivastav a practicing psychologist in Noida and with Lybrate. Today lets understand what is fear. I know fear is a very common issue which everyone is facing in their day to day life situation. So what is fear? It is nothing but feeling of stress, apprehension or alarm caused by a sense of impending nature. Fear is generally within ourselves, but we all feel that fear is controlled by external factors. As human beings we all believe that if logic or reason is being given to a problem then we are not in a fearful situation. We can manage that situation so very well. So fear is very within our own selves.
Let us take an example, it is a very day to day life example. If we have to go to the railway station to catch a train, and we find the train is late, and we don’t get the reason why the train is late we can get a apprehensive feeling, we will feel restless about the situation. But if the train is late because of some logic or rational reason behind it then we are relaxed and we will wait for the train to come. So fear can be easily overcome if there is a logic or reason behind that particular situation. So as a human being if a logis is given surely this feeling can be overcome.
Let's take another few examples related to this. In a dark room if we enter we have fear that some animals will be crawling over the floor, but if we switch on the light and see no animals on the floor, although we had a fear before entering to the room but if we switch on the light and see no animals it's just our imagination and the fear, so fear is again within our own selves. It is not controlled by the external factors. There are both positive and negative aspects to this fear and we generally experience fear in a very negative aspect. The positive aspect of fear is that it leads to more understanding more thoughtfulness of our mind. It leads to more creativity, we tend to think more into the details to come to the right and rational solutions to the situations which we are encountering.
So this fear can be overcome if we are very rational to the situation. Secondly the fear can be overcome if we forget the situation which has happened with us, if we forget certain past bad experiences of our life, then we can surely overcome fear. For example the bad experience can be one with our friend, with our college-mate, if we had a bad experience and after a couple of years or after a decade or so we meet with the same person and if we encounter with same type of fear then it is not the right way of managing the situation. The right way would be to analyse the situation, to understand it and to forget what has happened during that past time, so that we can easily manage our fear.
If you want to consult furthermore related to the queries about fear you can contact me through Lybrate online or offline mode of it.
Hi, I am 30 weeks pregnant, this is my first pregnancy. I fear to normal delivery but my mother preferred this. What I do for painless delivery ?
Hi, my wife had two miscarriages in last one year. Now, she is pregnant before her first menstrual cycle post miscarriage. We didn't do EPS scan till now, as last two times we had miscarriage immediate day post EPS. Pls suggest what should we do now. She had completed her 6th week and have no complications till now.
My due date is tomorrow but I want to delay my periods for a week pls help its urgent! I am getting a feeling that periods might come.
Each person has his own individual bathroom habits and it is totally his/ her personal lifestyle that dictates their regular bowel movement. However, having a bowel movement fewer than 3 times in a week would be deemed as constipation and there can be a host of reasons leading to unhealthy poop. Thankfully, there are some foods which can help you have healthy poop without troubling your bowels and some of them are:
- Dried plums: This dry fruit is not just famous for their delicious taste but also for the fact that they contain high amounts of fiber. Fiber is a nutrient that helps in increasing the bulk of the poop and aids them to move along the intestine. Prunes or dried plums are also known to contain fermentable sugars, sorbitol, and fructans which together create a laxative effect.
- Kiwi: There is hardly any individual who doesn’t like kiwis. And the good thing is that kiwis contain a high amount of fiber which keeps the digestive tract clear. It is also rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which make a cupful of kiwi essential to everyday diet.
- Popcorn: It is not just a wonderful afternoon snack but can increase the daily intake of fiber in the diet. It is recommended by experts to replace the evening potato chips with popcorns that would help the body in different ways including easy bowel movement.
- Water: This is quite obvious as water is critical to keep you hydrated and help the poop move easily through the intestine. An individual who is even a bit dehydrated would have harder poop which becomes difficult to pass. It is therefore very important to drink 8 to 10 glassful of water every day.
- Flaxseeds: If someone can manage to eat a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a day, then the body gets 2 grams of fiber. This may sound inadequate, but it really helps in bowel movement. The best thing about flaxseeds is that one can add them in yoghurt, smoothie, salads or evening snacks. It is important to note here that one should not eat flaxseeds as a whole as the human digestive system is not able to digest it. It is important to either ground it or purchase them pre-ground to reap the benefits of flaxseeds.
- Oranges: Having a large, juicy orange in place of a glassful of orange juice can aid the digestive tract to pass the stool. One big orange can offer 4 grams of fiber in exchange of 86 calories. Plus, it is known to contain flavonols which help in treating constipation.
- Oatmeal: The best thing about oatmeal is that equal amounts of soluble and insoluble fibers. The function of insoluble fiber is to add bulk to the stool and help in passing it out quickly while the work of the soluble fiber is to dissolve in the water for formation of a gel-like substance making it easier to pass.
Try these foods today to have a healthy stool and eliminate problems of constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am24 years female. I am having white discharge very thick from past two months. I did not use any medicine worried about dat. Can you suggest me any pills to get rid of that.
Prevention of unplanned pregnancies will go a long way in improving the reproductive health of women in India. A woman faced with the prospect of an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy can, in many cases, avoid the pregnancy by using Emergency Contraception. Emergency contraceptives act as interceptive agents i.e. ovulation, fertilization or implantation` is prevented depending on the phase of menstrual cycle.
Remember, these pills are not intended as regular forms of contraception. If you are looking for a regular contraceptive, there are many options available to you. Ask your doctor to help you find one, which works best for you.
Emergency Contraceptive Pill?
Emergency contraceptive pill is a pill used by a woman after having an unprotected intercourse (sex), to prevent her from getting pregnant. It is sometimes called "the morning after pill," "the day after pill," or "morning after contraception or postcoital pill. the term ”morning after pill” is misleading; ECPs may be initiated sooner than the morning after—immediately after unprotected intercourse—or later—for at least 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. ECPs are considered 96-98% effective in preventing pregnancy.
The word “Emergency” is important to note. If you are sexually active or planning to be, don't use emergency contraception as your only protection against pregnancy. Also, emergency contraception does not protect against sexually transmitted infections, like HIV .
When to take #ECP?
Emergency contraception offers women a last chance to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. If you are not using any other contraceptive methods and you have had intercourse. The condom broke down or came off during the act. If you have missed at-least 2 or 3 of your regular birth control pills, or if you were forced to have sex.
Side effects of emergency contraception:
Side effects include nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, breast tenderness, headache, dizziness, and fatigue. These usually do not occur for more than a few days after treatment, and they generally resolve within 24 hours. There are not much evidence of long term side effects of these medicines but there are some studies or beliefs that these pills have long term effects on the women’s body like irregular menses, mastalgia and infertility.
Effects on Pregnancy:
There have been no conclusive studies of births to women who were already pregnant when they took ECPs or following failure of ECPs
Whether to consult a doctor before taking ECP?
Not really! However if you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, previous tubal pregnancy, it's a good idea to discuss it with your doctor when going for a health check.
When to contact a doctor after taking the ECP?
If you experience the following symptoms:
• Severe abdominal pain.
• Chest pain or shortness of breath.
• Severe headache.
• Eye problems like blurring of vision.
• Severe leg or arm pain.
How long effect of ECP last?
The use of ECP is only for 1-2 acts of unprotected sex and that too within 72 hours, if you happen to have sex after 72 hours you should be looking for alternative and regular form of contraception.
When to expect periods after taking ECP?
Your next period may come sooner or later than expected, however most women get their period within 7 days of expected date. Your period may also be heavier or lighter than normal. If you do not get your period within 21 days or if you think you could be pregnant, get a pregnancy test done.
Does Weight Affect Emergency Contraception effectiveness?
Yes,if you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 25, it's less effective. If you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 30, it may not work at all.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#gynecologist #pregnancy #emergencycontraceptive #drjyotsnagupta #ECP #gynaecologist