Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta KandoiYour feedback matters!
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.
I am 22 year old girl. And I am suffering from menstrual problem. I do not get my periods every month der is a skip in period for months. Rarely its regular. There is a gradual gap of 60days most often and sometimes greater than that. What should I do and I get frequent headache also.
Respected Doctor, Explain the cause of continuous bleeding after using contra pills (mifepristone, misoprostol), now it's at least 1.5 months now when I used these pills but still bleeding once or twice in a day. Pregnancy test is also negative (-ve), tested few days ago. please suggest causes & measures for the same. Thanks & Regards!
Me and my wife want a baby our marriage has been done about 4 months ago But my wife not getting pregnant till now. So please help us.
If the second last pill of the previous pack was missed and doubled up along the last and then a pill free interval of 6 days protect me from unwanted pregnancy in the next month? Next month pill was startedafter taking a break of 6 days after missing the second last pill. And had intercourse the day after starting new pack. Though condom was used which had no holes or did not break. But it has been used thrice in an intercourse. But the not a pill has been missed this month. Am I protected?
I just married last month and we dont wan't baby now, so which type of precaution we can use? Now a days my wife's period not started so we are in trouble. We thought that she is pregnent. Her date is 24/26.
Hello sir We had a sex during period time and she lost verginity and on last day (3rd Feb) of her period she took ipill. Then we had sex on 12th next time. She should be come in period on 2nd March But my wife till not come in period. Then my wife checked 2 time did pregnancy check by trips n then she did again 3rd time pregnancy test by medical trips. All time it was negative. If it's negative how can happened she didn't come in period.
I am 24 years old suffering from disease a kind of obesity am 54 yrs I think I have thyroid but not sure I dnt find any symptoms of thyroid I have a bit menstrual problem I get my periods regularly but bleeding will remain only for two day I eat very less but my weight is increasing day by day. Firstly want to reduce my weight please give any solution.
Reasons: Why Your Man is Weak in Bed
A lot of women have issues in their marriages because the sex department has gone down the drain and this has led to many women being sexually frustrated.
Sex is an important part of a couple’s life, and when it goes wrong, it could gradually affect other parts of the relationship.
These are some possible reasons why your man is weak in bed.
When stressed, the body releases adrenaline and cortisol which can result in a low sex drive. In response to stress, the arteries can also restrict blood flow, which can lead to erectile dysfunction.
2. LACK OF SLEEP
Sleep is highly important, and is especially good for a man’s sex life. A good sleep would lead to a healthy body and mind; sleep provides the opportunity to refresh your body system. A lack of sleep can trigger an elevated cortisol levels, which would lead to poor sex drive.
3. ALCOHOL USE AND DRUG ABUSE
Excessive alcohol intake can also impair a man’s sexual drive. Too much alcohol intake can impair his nervous system, leading to fatigue, which would make it more difficult for him to maintain an erection during sex.
Marijuana and other drugs can also affect a man’s sex drive; they can suppress the pituitary gland which regulates the production of testosterone.
4. LOW SELF-ESTEEM
When a man isn’t feeling confident or capable, this can affect his performance. When a man doesn’t feel good about his body, his organ or himself, he would definitely have a poor time in bed.
5. ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Erectile dysfunction is another huge factor for poor performance in men. It is the inability to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse.
Having erection trouble occasionally isn’t necessarily a cause for concern, but when it keeps coming then it could be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment.
There is a definite link between libido and depression. When a man is feeling depressed, he would definitely find it difficult to get excited for sex; it would be almost impossible to get him aroused.
Do you think your man is weak in bed? These might just be some of the possible reasons why.
I am a 21 years old female. I recently found out that I have PCOS. I am under medication recommended by my Gynecologist. I am taking glycomet- 500mg and normal twice a day since a month. I am also taking Ayurvedic Medicines. My periods were supposed to start on 4th of Jan but the irregularity still continues and my periods are late. I am bloating and my weight keeps increasing every week because of PCOS and irregular periods with acne all over my face, shoulders and back. The acne is growing and becoming big with white fluid in it. What should I do?
I have periods problem my periods was not come within 3 months I have checked pregnancy test also but the result is negative and I take medicines of periods but periods was not coming so what I can do tell me please thank you.
I am 20 years old I get desperate while having sex I can not wait to put my bf penis in my vagina. why is that so?
How many times a girl need a healthy sex for her satisfaction. Should we do sex daily or 2 or 3 times in a week.
Binge drinking is a problem that has been noticed nowadays in many teenagers and youngsters. Whether it is at an event or a party, drinking high doses of alcohol in one sitting is known as binge drinking.
Binge Drinking in Women Is Different from Men
Binge drinking for men is the consumption of more than five alcoholic beverages in one sitting. But the case is different for women. For women binge drinking is defined as a woman consuming more than four alcoholic beverages in a single sitting. Also, it has been found in a survey that almost 75% of the binge drinkers are college students. Among these, the ratio of men is much higher than women.
What Leads to Binge Drinking?
- Lack of control: One of the most common reasons is, of course, the lack of control. When such a person comes in contact with alcohol, they tend to over drink because they have no control over their drinking.
- The weekend fun: Secondly, another reason is seen in the case of youngsters between the age of 18 years to 35 years. These are youngsters who have a tendency of meeting friends and going out on weekends after the week’s toil. They know that after this weekend they will be able to enjoy their favorite bottle only in the next weekend. Hence, they binge drink.
Results of Binge Drinking
It becomes difficult to check how much alcohol will affect a person, because it depends on various factors, such as height, weight, age and also at times, alcohol tolerance of the person. But of course, there are some common results of binge drinking. Some of such results are:
- Unintended and unprotected sex leading to pregnancy or even STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) in some cases
- Accidents that may lead to severe injuries and even death at times
- Physical or mental assault of others that the person may regret later on.
When Is Help Required?
When the person has a habit of driving after drinking, neglecting family and doing harm to others as well, help is surely needed. Here, short 4-5 sessions with a therapist may help. A regular drinking habit is no doubt a reason to worry. But binge drinking is another reason that can lead to bigger problems and hence, needs to be examined closely too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Most women get accustomed to and know the pattern of their menstrual cramps. So, when something out of this pattern happens, they know it is not normal. There are various reasons for pelvic pains not associated with menses. The following are some common causes and it is always advisable to seek medical help, which will help in right diagnosis, early intervention and reduced complications.
- Ectopic pregnancy: If a fertilized egg has planted itself outside of the uterus or the womb, it is referred to as ectopic pregnancy. The fallopian tube is the most common place for ectopic pregnancies. There is associated pelvic pain, which is unilateral, sharp, and gradually worsens. There would also be associated bleeding which is darker than the regular bleeding. This again should be confirmed on an ultrasound and then the ectopic pregnancy removed.
- Endometriosis: The inner thick layer of the uterus could be infected leading to severe pelvic pain, especially in women who are in their 30s, who are not able to conceive. This is often ignored, considering it as normal and it continues to progress and could even result in infertility.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): Infections like gonorrhea or chlamydia travel up from the genital tract and reach the uterus. Infection along the entire reproductive tract can lead to severe pain. In most cases, if identified early, a course of antibiotics is all that is required to control this infection. Left untreated, it can even cause infertility.
- Ovarian cysts: Another common cause of pelvic pain, they are quite often asymptomatic, except for occasional pelvic pain. They also disappear with no medical intervention. Sometimes, however, it may get infected or rupture and can cause severe pain. This can is an indication for medical intervention. Ultrasound may be required for diagnosis and treatment may include surgical removal.
- Uterine fibroids: The fibroids are noncancerous growths, which can grow to a considerable size and fall short of blood supply. This may cause them to burst, which can be very painful.
- Miscarriage: Most miscarriages occur before 13 weeks of pregnancy and the usual accompanying symptoms of bleeding are severe pelvic cramps. If you are pregnant and notice bleeding with pelvic pain, it is advisable to immediately visit a doctor. Diagnosis may require an ultrasound to confirm the miscarriage. If medications are not sufficient to remove the remnants, then a dilation and curettage may be required.
- Non-gynecological causes: Appendicitis, urinary tract infections, hernia, lower spinal problems, irritable bowel syndrome can also cause pelvic pain. The cause should be identified and managed accordingly.
Unfortunately, most women continue to experience and suffer with chronic pelvic pain without a cause identified. A thorough internal examination can help identify the problem and treat the issue.
Diabetes is basically caused due to the lack of production of insulin or improper use of the produced insulin, which eventually leads to a deficiency in the blood glucose level. Diabetes is of two types, one where the insulin production is insufficient therefore the glucose level cannot be balanced; two when the body cannot produce insulin at all and therefore patients must inject insulin to maintain close levels. Apart from synthetic drugs, you can use various home remedies to cure or at least improve your diabetic condition. Here are some great home remedies to effectively maintain your blood sugar level:
bitter gourd have juice extracted from bitter gourd every morning on an empty stomach. Having this everyday for a few months will help maintain blood sugar levels.
guava: have guava every day after peeling the skin off. It contains vitamin c and fiber which help maintain the standard blood glucose level. Excessive guava eating is not recommended.
mango leaves- soak fresh mango leaves in water (say a one litre bottle) over night and consume first thing in the morning. You could even let them dry out, powder the leaves and have half a teaspoon everyday.
basil leaves- have 2 tablespoons of juice extracted from basil leaves empty stomach, in the morning. These are loaded with antioxidants that relieve stress and also contain oils that help lower blood sugar levels.
jamun- jamun's leaves, seeds and berries are effective in improving blood sugar levels and they also prevent spikes in the level of insulin. You could eat a handful of the berries or powder the leaves and seeds- which you should consume twice a day.
amla- combine 2 teaspoons of amla juice in water and have it as soon as you wake up. Make this a part of your everyday routine to maintain blood sugar levels.
flaxseeds- eat one tablespoon of flaxseed powder with a glass of warm water every morning, on an empty stomach. Flax seed can bring down your sugar level by almost 28%. But be careful not to have more than 2 tablespoons per day, as that could be bad for health.
neem- neem enhances insulin receptor sensitivity, improves circulation and lowers blood sugar levels thereby reducing your dependency on synthetic drugs. Drink the juice of the need shoot everyday on an empty stomach for best results.
Fruits- fruits are rich in fiber and other minerals which help stabilize blood sugar levels of the body. Consume at least 5 fruits a day! choose fruits like banana's, blackberries, cranberries, grape fruit, blueberries, kiwi and other citrus fruits.
Apple cider vinegar- mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a class water and consume before every large meal. The nutritional components in apple cider will help control the rise in blood sugar levels after eating.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)