Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeta B. Kadam
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta B. KadamYour feedback matters!
STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
- Keeping intimate areas clean: Do not ever forget to wash your genitals after or before making intercourse with your partner and this is needed for preventing sexual diseases. Sometimes, excessive lubrication during sexual intercourse brings infectious diseases and thus, your genitals get exposed to sexual diseases.
- Avoid multiple sex partners: Both the sex partners should be loyal to each other and should not make sex with multiple partners as that will invite STDs. Having sex with more than one partner can be quite dangerous as a result of which your genital organs get infected and this infection later on turns into serious sexual diseases that cannot be easily treated.
- Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
- Stop sharing items: Sharing undergarments or towels with your friends or close mates can be very much dangerous as you might develop STDs. Even if you have allowed somebody using these personal items of yours, you have to wash them carefully before using the same.
- Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle: If you are exposed to excessive smoking, drugs and alcohol, then you might develop different kinds of STDs. Therefore, you are highly recommended to lead a completely healthy lifestyle so that a healthy sexual life can be enjoyed. You will never be able to have safe sex if you are so very addicted to alcohol, smoking and drugs.
What are the best foods for a best semen quality, volume and mobility and also to increase my libido. Thanks doctor.
I get green sputum coming out of my nose whenever I step outside the house. Is it one of sinus symptom ?
What is the size of normal penis? Required for satisfy life partner? What is the Normal remedies for enlarging the penis size. please help.
Although a very normal physical function, masturbation (the touching of your genitals and other erogenous zones to induce sexual pleasure) has certain taboos attached to it. This natural sexual practice has given birth to all kinds of myths which stops people from indulging in this form of self-pleasure.
Here are some of the most common misconceptions and the truths behind them.
1. Myth: Masturbation makes you go blind
Fact: Masturbation cannot make you blind. Studies conducted on this point of contention haven’t been able to find a link between masturbation and blindness. On the contrary, these researches have gone on to reveal that individuals who masturbate 4 times daily or more for years haven’t been found to suffer from any diseases attributed to masturbation, including blindness.
2. Myth: It can cause you to suffer from erectile dysfunction
Fact: Erectile dysfunction refers to the inability to maintain or get an erection during intercourse. The causes of this sexual dysfunction are varied, but masturbation doesn’t figure in the list of causes. What really happens is that when you masturbate repeatedly, you become used to your own touch or to a certain kind of sensation. As a result, you may find it difficult to have orgasms with your partner.
3. Myth: Masturbation doesn’t provide any long-term health benefits
Fact: Many experts believe that masturbation can be good for your health. Some of the health benefits that it provides include improved concentration levels and better sleep. It also helps in relieving stress and headaches as your body releases endorphins (brain chemicals), which give you a sense of well-being. Apart from that, masturbating regularly ensures better fitness levels and a youthful appearance in men.
4. Myth: Children do not masturbate
Fact: Masturbation is a normal childhood habit, wherein young children discover the private parts of their bodies and the feelings of pleasure that arise from this activity. Most children begin to play with their private parts by about 5-6 years of age. A child can masturbate once a week or several times a day. There are even researches out there that show male foetuses masturbating in the womb.
5. Myth: There’s no limit to how much you can masturbate
Fact: According to the American Psychological Association, you should stop masturbating if it affects your daily life; causes emotional problems or physical soreness; disrupts your relationship with your partner or makes you unable to have orgasms from the stimulation that you experience with your partner. Otherwise, the frequency of masturbating can vary from individual to individual. If you masturbate a number of times in a day and still lead a healthy and satisfying life, you have nothing to worry about.
6. Myth: People in relationships do not masturbate
Fact: Whether you’re single or in a relationship, masturbation is a healthy sexual activity that you can engage in to fulfil your sexual desires. Studies show that masturbation is a very common behaviour; about 92% of men and 62% of women masturbate. Sometimes, couples also engage in masturbation together as part of their sexual activity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.