Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandra Desa Souza
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sandra Desa SouzaYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old male and have continued problem of nose blockage for the last 4 years even after getting operated my nose in the year 2011 and continuing homeopathic medicines regularly. If you can suggest any medicine for that then please. Inform me. Alopathic Doctors say that operation is the only solution and that too is not permanent. Please. Suggest me. Thanks.
I have tightness of throat and upper portion of chest near food pipe. What should I do? ecg /eco/ done nothing found wrong. I have been suffering from 30 years or more. Kindly advise.
My left ear is completely numb, just the outside parts. My inner ear is fine. I had my ears cleaned out fairly recently. No pain, no rash and no other part of my body is numb. Please help.
Hi I've been suffering from recurring sinus infections for about 6 months now, my right nostril is fully blocked with what I can feel is a blockage of mucus in my top right nostril, I've tried to clean out with hot water and salt but doesn't get it all out. I can blow so much out until I get a headache and my nose starts to hurt, I've tried every nasal spray and anti histamines but got to stop taking them as I think it's causing more damage to my nose and making me very sensitive to sun light.
Sir I have little bit fever and throat pain in one day what can I do? Sir which tablet is best for this sick?
I am suffering from throat pain last one week specially left upper side and in night time I drink water or anything then I feel most pain and my voice is not clear please suggest me some treatment. thanks.
Hello, My head spins whenever I wake up from sleeping position and start walking and I can't see for 2-3 sec and everything goes back to normal again. At sleeping time there's a burning sensation in my left leg near my knees. Please provide some suggestions. Thank you.
Dizziness is usually described as variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalith repositioning by suggesting some body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the calcium deposits from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the canaliths (calcium deposits) move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.