Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip PatilYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 25 years old I am having eye sight of 1, 5 for both eyes I want to take lazer treatment can you suggest how please.
I have sticky eyes all the day and my sight has gone little blurry. I wear specs having no. 0.75 (both).
Hi Dr , I am Raja from hyderabad. Since few days I'm suffering from eye problem. Eye water is flowing very freq. Could you please let me know the remedy. I bel its infection n congectivities. I was suffering from tooth enamel issue last month with which there was a pain in my eye n consulted opthamolagist n was using eye cool drops. And also consulted dental doc n used enamel related medicine this prob Got rectified. But now I'm suffering wit water in my eye very freq. Please suggest me any medicine r drops to get rid of this watery eyes. Thanks.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I'm a 20 year old male. Since last 3 weeks I have partial yellow color in cornea of my eye. And a slight discomfort over my left abdomen slightly above level of umbilical. My water intake had been reduced drastically. I get dark colored urine. On drinking sufficient water urine is back to normal.
Hello Doctor, I have a trigimal neuralgia in my right side of forehead near eye from last 3 years. Very sharp shooting electric pain to touch the eyes or effected area of face. Generally it started in between sept to March. On winter season. Please suggest any permanent solution for this. Thanks & Regards
I can't concentrate on one thing for more than 5 seconds. I feel strain in between my eyes. Kind of a headache. Have been going through this since childhood. Is there a cure?
I went to eye hospital for eye operation. I got all tests done and the doctor said that the part of eye is not clear. There is only centre vision. I have no side vision. So operation is not useful in this case. Its the second doctor which said the same. Thing. Is there any ayurvedic of homeopathy treatment for part of eye?
I have cylindrical eye sight no -ve 0.5. I want to cure it. I have to work a 8-10 hrs on computer daily. Due to which headache and pain in eye normally incur once in week. What to do.
Sir I have a problem I can't seen and I can't reed book my eyes will not proper work what's should I do please suggest me.
My eye color is not white it looks like pale yellow. Sometimes I have headache and tear comes out while driving .also after getting up it looks very puffy. When I take a bath or came to contact with water my eyes gets red and it hurts very much.
Doc. I got viral conjunctivitis on both of my eyes. I got cleared one month back. After that I started to see lot of floaters on my eyes and my vision also became poor. I visited the opt. And they told me I got corneal scarring. My doc. Prescribed me lotepred 0.5 ml, which I have used nearly for a month. Now my vision has improved, doc. Examined and told me that the corneal scar has cleared but still I see mild floaters and specks on day light. I am not do diabetic and my BP is normal. After conjunctivitis only I am seeing this. What could be the reason doc? Pls help me out. Thanks.
Sir I have eye sight of -6 & -7 for left and right eye respectively. Sir for few exams they are asking 6/6, 6/9, 6/12 etc. As eye power restrictions. Myopic power of -6 & -7 comes under 6/9 or 6/12 is my question? Suggest me with few natural methods to decrease eye sight.
I am 65 years old working as a Manager in bank. 1.eye sight faint looking started. Spect No. 2.75 for both eyes for last 2 yrs. 2.Back lumbar and knee pains for last 2 yrs. All types of medical treatments done, exercise continued but not completely recovered.
Greetings from Bangladesh. Six months ago my Father (age 59) started to suffer from enormous headache and eye-ache on his left side with continue tears on his left eye. We consulted with an eye specialist, did the MRI of Brain Orbit and came to know that my father had a minor brain stroke 10 months ago and there is a possibility of a brain hemorrhage. He then referred to a Neurosurgeon, who evaluate the MRI report and after a quick check up we were told not to worry, there are no brain hemorrhage and regular medication will cure the problems. But the medicine is not working properly as His left eye became completely vision less and the unbearable headache continue. My father has diabetic and high blood pressure, which are in control with insulin and regular medication. He also had a urological surgery (Nephron Spearing Surgery indicating Right Renal Moss) earlier in 2014. This continuous headache and eye-ache is killing him day by day. What we suppose to do now?
Having puss cells in my mouth but my blood report is normal .I also having problem in my eyes when I try to see constantly and my eyes feels like they are burning pls help.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.