Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip PatilYour feedback matters!
I dont hav a clear vision when I see something far from a distance of 3 to 4 feet away. I see slightly double image what should I do.
My eyes are very red for two days and my hand is crack and my leg in very bad condition so you tell solution.
My daughter is a polymiocities patient now is in remission she have a doubt in future she may be affect her eyes muscle also in this disease.
I have red eye for over 3 days and I want to do operation for removing my eyes number, and I have -3.5 number continually for over 6 months. So give me a suggestion what advantages and disadvantages of this operation.
I have allergies. My eyes are itching and watery. They are always red and feels sneezing every morning. please help?
I have problem of a deep line inder my eye which divide eyes and cheeks. How to get rid of it becoz it looks very ugly.
Hi, I am 36 years, i'm suffering with TB along with Diabetes and have eye sight since last 3 months. i am Taking AKT. Having Black Spots & swallowing in Back retina. Please suggest me what to do for early treatment.
My child is 5 years old, she has power of -2.5 on both eyes, how to rectify this through foods and any exercises.?
I have been getting headaches for about a year and a half now I get them everyday they can get very bad to the point I cry I've been getting sore throats a lot recently have had strep a bunch and I just recently got blurred blurred vision feel like I'm going to pass out got very hot and my head is killing me what should I do what could this be.
Hello my name is imli I have a question for you I am suffering from a problem of eyes. I am unable to see clear vision. Please help me out from it. Also having problem to understand dark colored my age is 23 years. Please help me out from it and answer me. What should I eat.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty