Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandhya Jain
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandhya JainYour feedback matters!
One of the best doctor, with lots of positivity.My 1st pregnancy went so smooth that made me to opt for second child.
3 years before I was diagnosed by paraovarian cyst and a laparoscopic surgery was done. But even after surgery im still having irregular periods. I have to take the tablet regestrone fr periods. I do not know if its safe for me or not im 22 years old now. After taking regestrone im getting periods fr 2 months but after that the condition is same. What would you suggest me? What may be the problem? Ive been suggested to take folic acid tablets which help in maintaining hormonal balance. Is it ok to take that tablet?
I had my periods on the last month of 5th and this month till now I don't have my periods. I had some intercourse on the last month before my periods but last month I had my normal periods after my periods I didn't had any intercourse. But why my periods are too late this month. I'm getting little worried.
My wife is 20 weeks pregnant. Her glucose level before meal is 95-100 and after meal is 140-160. Its 5 days measurements at home. Is this normal, if not what steps/ precautions needs to be taken? She has hypothyroidism, Doctor prescribed 100 mg Thyronorm daily but now changed the prescription to 50 mg, Can she take 1/2 tablet of 100 mg? Can she take small dose of Ashwagandha in pregnancy?
Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I have recently suffered from intermenstrual bleeding with a burning sensation. I also suffering from irregular period and vaginal itching all of a sudden. Please help.
I am 28 years old. 6 months back doctor said I have hormone disturbance she gave siphene 50 mg to use I used for 4 months stopping 1 month middle. I have under gone follicular study egg was raptured but no result I did nt get pregnant please help me.
Doctor please needs an advice I'm newly married just 3 months of marriage and I haven't conceived before but I noticed I'm adding weight like 87 kg to 100 kg so I decided to burn fat by drinking blended cucumber, ginger and lemon. Now my question is for an expecting mother who wants to conceive is it good to take lemon. Or is there side effect. Because that's easy way to burn fat. Please doctor I need your opinion. Thank you.
Not being able to get pregnant can be an agonizing experience. The fertility of an individual can be affected by a host of physical and mental factors. The effectiveness of a fertility treatment is enhanced by several folds if there is an accurate diagnosis of the underlying cause of infertility. The In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) that first made its presence felt in 1978 (the first child born through IVF was on 25 July 1978) has been a revolution and is still continuing to change lives of millions of couples dealing with infertility issues.
When we talk about IVF, a question that often comes to our mind is whether IVF is the solution to all infertility problems? To answer this question, one needs to have a proper understanding of the IVF procedure. The
IVF procedure essentially comprises of following things:
- Stimulation of the ovary and development of the follicles involves a series of tests and ultrasounds to closely monitor the ovulation process, including the quality and quantity of eggs released along with the hormonal balance.
- In some instances, medications or hormones may be needed to ensure that the ovaries are stimulated enough to ensure proper development of the follicles (sacs filled with fluids where maturation of eggs take place) along with the release of two or more eggs during each cycle.
- Retrieval of the eggs: This step involves isolation of the eggs or the oocyte from the follicular fluid into a culture media and finally into an incubator.
- Fertilization: With the retrieval of the eggs, the sperm samples (from the partner or a donor) are also collected to facilitate the fertilization process (the chosen active sperm may be injected into the egg or mixed with it).
- Transfer of the embryo: From the embryos resulting from fertilization, a doctor selects the healthiest one and transfer it into the uterus of the recipient woman for implantation to take place.
- Following the implantation of the embryo, many women get pregnant within a few days or weeks. However, a pregnancy test can also result in disappointment for some.The failure of IVF treatment in some patients can be attributed to
- The embryo not being healthy enough to undergo the implantation
- Problems or severe damages to the uterine cavity.
- Abnormalities with the egg or the sperm (can be chromosomal or genetic aberrations).
Can IVF solve all infertility problems?
Having a clearer understanding of the IVF procedure, one can state that IVF does come as a ray of hope, especially for
- Males with a low sperm count
- Tubal damage in women. There may also be problems affecting the cervix and the vagina
- Women with ovulation problems (can be due to Hormonal Imbalance, PCOS, Endometriosis) or those who are above 35 years
In unfortunate cases, where IVF fails to produce the desired result, there are other fertility treatments available such as Intrauterine insemination, Gamete or Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer, Intracytoplasmic sperm injections, to put an end to the infertility problems.