Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SandeepaYour feedback matters!
Hi I get married on my age 35 and I still I don't get baby. I have very low amh its now 1.1 doctor advice me to adopt child your amh is too low . I want my own baby please guide me
5 Facts Every Pregnant Women Should Know About Her Baby
1) A pregnant woman usually starts to feel her baby's movements /kicks for the first time around 16-20 weeks of her pregnancy. Although the baby starts its movements inside the womb much earlier but they are too small to be noticed. These movements are described by women as a flutter/ swish/ discrete kick/or a roll.
2) Gradually these movements acquire a regular pattern and achieve a maximum intensity around the 32nd week. Adequate and strong fetal movements as perceived by the mother are a sign of good health of the baby. Any substantial decrease in your baby's movements from 28 weeks onwards till the onset of labor pains should be reported to your doctor for further follow up.
3) Fetal movements are affected by a number of factors. Women usually feel the maximum movements when they are lying on their side in a quiet room instead of standing or walking. Also, the movements are perceived more in the evenings rather than mornings.
4) An anteriorly placed placenta or intake of alcohol or sedating drugs may decrease the perception of baby's movements. There is some evidence that the movements may also decrease temporarily for one or two days after you have received the antenatal steroids for baby's lung maturation. A reduced or absent fetal movement from the very beginning may indicate some nervous system or neuromuscular abnormality in your baby.
5) There is no set count of what constitutes a normal movement count. It is advisable that instead of absolute counts, one should just keep an average at the back of your mind. Any gross decrease from the previous days is of concern. If you have any doubts about the adequacy of your baby's movements after 28 weeks, it is advisable to go to a quiet room after a meal, lie on your side and watch for movements for 2 hours. If you feel less than 10 movements, then visit your doctor for a check up.One must remember that the baby also has a sleep cycle lasting from 40-80 minutes when the baby quietens a bit but beyond that one must be able to feel good movements.
Hiii. My friend is 24 years old. N got married last year. But she is unable to conceive. Her all test reports are normal. So what she do to conceive.
My wife is 25 years old. She has no interest in sex. I will excite to my wife but don't response. So how can increase the sex interest.Please tell.
Let us start with the advantages of masturbation:
1. Masturbation ease tension in both male and female.
2. Masturbation makes a male or female feel light.
3. Masturbation prevents a guy from being sick due to too much sperm deposit.
4. Masturbation helps in producing an imaginary sex image in both male and female.
5. Masturbation reduces the rate of a male or female horny feelings.
6. Masturbation prevents a man from having sex without a woman.
7. Masturbation satisfies both male and female sexually.
8. Masturbation reduces sexually transmitted diseases.
9. Masturbation preserves a virgin guy (based on what some people believes).
10. Masturbation cools an aroused body.
11. Masturbation is the best way of a collection of sperm when a running a sperm count analysis.
The disadvantage of masturbation
1. Masturbation is a serious sin in the holy bible.
2. Masturbation makes the penis or dick to get weak when been used in the body of a woman.
3. Masturbation makes a penis develop too many veins thereby making it unattractive.
4. Masturbation causes infections in females.
5. Masturbation weakens the hormone responsible for producing sperm.
6. Masturbation makes a man moan, suffer and starve for real sex during the period of masturbating.
7. It reduces the period of ejaculation in men.
8. Masturbation weakens the womb in females thereby not enabling the womb to carry a child which leads to abortion (miscarriages most of the time).
9. It sometimes causes infertility in women.
10. It causes cancer in women.
11. Masturbation can make a woman lose her virginity.
12. It can cause sperm disability which leads to abnormal children (in fewer cases).
I advise you to meditate and avoid masturbation. Dedication, meditation, and medication are the ways to fight with it. Strictly avoiding that triggers which compel you to do masturbation like porn, friends and privacy etc. Doing regular yoga and aerobics will definitely help you. A healthy diet like fresh fruits dry fruits specially dates almonds anjeer etc avoiding fish egg n chicken strictly mutton can be taken. And last not least medicine. For this, there are special medicine for this problem which reduces your urge to do masturbation with helping you to regain lost vigour and vitality plus boosting overall health. Homoeopathic treatment takes away the habit of masturbation and removes its bad effects. Do not ignore the necessity to consult the qualified homoeopaths to avoid sexual embarrassment at the time of marriage. Consult me for homoeopathic treatment without side effects. Recommend me by clicking on recommend option and leave feedback.
Period ke kitne din bad sex karne se pregnancy nhi hoti h. Or period kitne din tak delay ho sakta hai? please clear my doubt.
Myth : Homeopathy establishes “Magic Cure” – it is just an unproven method of treatment.
Fact : Homeopathy is a method of treatment based on laws and principles drawn from sound logic and experimental data. Its exact scientific basis still remains unproven but the clinical and experimental data prove its efficacy.
Myth : Homeopathic medicines are placebo and have no medicinal action.
Fact : This issue is the most popular myth regarding homeopathy. An occasional burp of it has become a routine affair. It is true that the sugar pills given are inert and do not have medicinal power but they are just vehicles or carrier of homeopathic medicines. Homeopathic medicines can be given dissolved in water or in sugar pills but still they establish cure. It is the resultant cure which shows the medicine has acted and was not just a placebo. The scientific study of efficacy of homeopathic cures throughout the world cannot be merely from placebo effect.
Myth : Homeopathy is only suited to chronic cases or terminal cases.
Fact : It is a common notion that homeopathy is the choice for treating chronic cases or those patients who are not relieved or do not go well along with allopathic drugs. Most of the patients have attained this knowledge through their contacts or maybe some unlucky ordeal. It may be true in some cases but not always. The rightful act for attaining complete relief is to approach homeopathy before it is too late. If you are delaying a visit to doctor or health professional then it is another story but if you are delaying because you have to visit a homeopath then it is health negligence on your part. Most commonly the time of visit depends on your complaint; it can be summed up as:
In Acute cases: Acute diseases are those diseases which have sudden origin and the intensity of discomfort is high. In such cases people generally take conventional medicine thinking, Homeopathy is slow acting and is not worth trying in acute cases. But the truth is that, homeopathy is also effective in acute cases if the choice of similimum is proper. In Surgical cases: The scope of homeopathy is limited in surgical cases; in some cases homeopathic medicines prevent surgeries while in some the patient needs to be referred to surgical OPDS (Out Patients Department) for the needful. It all depends on your health state and the disease condition when you consult the homeopathic physician.
In Chronic cases: Chronic diseases are those cases which have insidious origin, long duration with less to moderate discomfort. Homeopathy has now and again proved its efficacy in these cases.
In Terminal cases: These cases include those cases which have been diagnosed as beyond the range of complete cure. In such cases homeopathy can help to reduce the suffering and also improve the quality of life.
If you are not sure of your disease better visit the physician and let him decide for you. Better safe than sorry.
Thus we see that the common myth that homeopathy is limited to some diseases is not true. Every science has limitations; no science is complete in itself, so why blame homeopathy alone? The best way to get maximum results is to approach homeopathy when you are still within the curable zone.
Myth : Homeopathy works slow.
Fact : This is the most popular myth about homeopathy but it is not true in all the cases. In fact, if the choice of similimum is proper the patient would show immediate signs of improvement. In acute diseases the response time is within minutes while in chronic diseases it can extend to days; it all depends on your disease state and the duration of action of the remedy. Your homeopathic physician would inform you about the signs of improvement that you can notice for yourselves. So you can find it for yourself that in most cases homeopathy can work faster, providing quicker relief than the other systems of medicine.
Myth : Excessive medicine effects fast.
Fact : Sometimes people summarize this rule owing to their experiences with conventional medicine; but this does not hold true in the case of Homeopathy. Law of Minimum Doses is one of the cardinal principles of Homeopathy – homeopathic medicines are given in qualitative doses i.e. in potencies and not quantitatively. A single dose of the similimum be it of poppy sized globule can work wonders for you. If you are taking more than you are prescribed, you are hindering your cure.
Myth : Homeopathic medicines do not have side effects.
Fact : It’s a well known fact that anything taken in excess is bound to be harmful. So why won’t homeopathic medicines cause harmful effects if you take them in excess due to negligence or thinking them to be placebo. (For the latter you can consult homeopathic physician to give you an insight into which medicine would show immediate response to enlighten you.) Moreover, homeopathic medicines act on the dynamic plane. So you may not be able to see the immediate after effects but it will become evident sooner or later. So it is best not to take the medicine unless needed or prescribed.
Myth : A good medicine must have expiry date on it.
Fact : Homeopathic medicines do have an expiry date; it would not be fruitful if you intend to pass the medicine phials through generations. Homeopathic medicines have a certain amount of alcohol mixed in them to preserve them; once it evaporates your medicines are of no use. For better results it is advised to store your medicines in dark colored bottles away from sunlight – it just helps them to last longer (read not forever).
Myth : People taking homeopathic medicines should not take onions, garlic, tobacco, etc.
Fact : As we have found now and then that most things we use in our food have power to affect our health, it all depends on how we utilize them. Since Homeopathic medicines act on the dynamic plane and affect us even through minimum doses, it becomes very essential not to interfere with the medicinal action. Taking food stuffs like onions, garlic, camphor, herbs in our diet only adds extra medicines to the prescribed ones preventing its proper action and thus affecting cure. But the modern culinary trend involves the use of spices to such an extent that it is difficult to completely avoid it. So one can go for using them in moderate amount and with brief interlude. As for spirituous liquors and tobacco, avoiding them is always good.
Myth : Bitter medicines effect faster and more.
Fact : There is no scientific fact to this – a medicine has its power in its constituent and not its taste. And if you believe it then sure you must know that most homeopathic remedies are bitter so they are given in medium of sugar globules to soothe your tongue; for Homeopathy acts gently.
Myth : Every symptom or complaint has different medicine.
Fact : It is not always true, for homeopathy treats the patient as a whole and not his individual sicknesses or complaints. So the choice of medicine is always one which belongs to patient as a whole. It may be possible that a new symptom may be so important that it changes the choice of medicine but it may not happen always. You may go by what your physician advises for he knows better when to change the prescription and when not to. On your part you can only tell him as much as you know about your disease.
Myth : Homeopathy acts by “aggravating” the complaints.
Fact : Homeopathic medicines are always prescribed such that the power or potency of drug should be just higher than the power of disease. Then only the medicine establishes cure. The medicine is perfect for your case only if it produces a slight aggravation of your present symptoms i.e. slight intensification of your complaints. But it is slight enough to provide minimum discomfort. That is, homeopathic medicines do produce a slight aggravation but it is for your own benefit as this slight aggravation is a sure sign that your medicine is perfectly chosen and will cure you. But do care to inform your physician about this aggravation if you find it discomforting. DO NOT TAKE ANY MEDICINE BY YOUR FREE WILL in such cases as you will again hamper the curative action of similimum.
Myth : Homeopathy is about psychological healing.
Fact : People sometimes feel that homeopathy is about psychological healing. We don’t deny it altogether, as what cure you can do if you let the patient bottle up his grievances and sorrows. We do admit that sometimes when the patient is suffering from suppressed emotions and only talking-it-out can do him some good that is the only way out (even the psychiatrics would approve it). In such cases homeopathic case-taking and counseling acts as “catharsis” and relieves the patient, but it is not always. The thorough case taking is for choosing the right medicine to cure the patient. It may be that talking-out provides momentary relief but it is only the medicine which establishes cure and not the case taking.
Myth : Homeopath asks many personal questions without any relevancy with the disease, only to confuse the patient.
Fact : Homeopath cures the patient as a whole and not just his complaints. To understand a patient as a whole requires knowing him as a person that includes apart from his complaints his likes, dislikes, his habits, his behavior, his response to certain situations etc. To know him better sometimes the physician can ask some personal questions – it can be about his bowel habits, his sexual life, sleeping pattern, his dreams, his past and present emotional setbacks etc. these are not to confuse or irritate the patient; they are just to know him better. This knowledge would help the physician in the choice of right medicine which would provide speedy recovery to the patient. So you can just relax and answer truthfully what your physician asks – it is only for your own benefit (off course you can excuse yourself if it becomes overbearing).
Myth : If my spouse/friend/relative suffers from the same complaint as I have- the same medicine will benefit all of us. That is I can give them the same medicine.
Fact : This is one of the most common myths in homeopathy. Homeopathic medicines are prescribed on the basis of Individualisation which tailoring the remedy according to individuals need. It means every individual is different from others in some way; be it his stature, talking, choices, behavior, or his susceptibility to diseases. Even the fraternal twins are different from each other in one way or the other; so how can same medicine be given to two different people even if they have the same complaint. Homeopathic medicines are always prescribed for the complete package that is the individual so naturally the medicine will change for different persons.
Myth : If I am going to a homeopath for some complaint, it is not necessary to tell him about the other medicines I am taking from other doctors.
Fact : This is not true; in any pathy i.e medicine (allopathy, Ayurveda, siddha, homeopathy etc.) you have to inform the physician what other complaints you have and what medications you are on. Especially in homeopathy where the choice of medicine would change with your case; let’s understand it like if the individual data changes the resultant choice changes. So be open with him about your complaints and choice of treatment. It may even be possible that you can have medicine for all your complaints from the homeopath himself and you won’t have to go to other doctors.
Myth : If I want to take homeopathic medicines for some chronic complaint I can not take any other medications especially allopathic medicines alongwith.
Fact : Ideally it should not be taken; but most of the chronic cases coming for homeopathic treatment are already taking allopathic medicines. If they resort to homeopathy it is better to wait for betterment to start from homeopathic medicines then gradually taper the allopathic medication. It causes some discomfort as your body takes time to adjust once you switch medicines, so it is better to remain in close contact with your homeopathic physician.
I had my periods last month on 6th and I had sex with my boyfriend on 3rd day of my periods that is on 8th he didn't put condom he is sure that he didn't cum in me but he is a bit stressed that his precum would have been in me I'm worried because it has been a month but I didn't got my periods yet and I have a pain in my lower abdomen I'm really scared what has happened is my periods late or I'm pregnant and if I'm pregnant it's 35 days from the day of sex I don't want pregnancy what can I do can pill or medical way can do please help me.
My query is regarding conception. My wife does not want to take I pills due to side effects and I don't want to use condoms. are there other methods to stop pregnancy. I have read that 1 week before n after periods is safe but is it true. please guide me docs I am bit confused. Thank you.
I hav a baby 11 months old. We r not planning for other this time. But we want unprotected sex . . Kindly share measures about this and any methods to avoid pregnancy .
What is the safe time for sex without condom after menstruation? After how many days it is risk free. Kindly inform.
As the new year begins, the one fruit which is available in abundance are grapes. The black/purple and the green variety, seeded and seedless, are all over the place. Given the weather slowly changing from winter, they seem like the best thing to beat the summer heat. And yes, they are. Not just for overall health, they are also great for the skin and hair. Read on to know more.
Benefits of grapes for skin:
- When the sunscreen lotion does not help much and sunburn happens, the one of the best home remedies is to apply mashed grapes for about 30 minutes. The grapes are rich in antioxidants (proanthocyanidins and resveratrol). They reduce the damage caused by ultraviolet radiation and also reduces cell damage caused by excessive skin exposure.
- Rubbing the grape pulp on the face for about 20 minutes can help reverse and control antiaging better than any chemical treatment. It reduces the effect of free radicals which lead to fine wrinkles and dark spots.
- Grapes are also rich in vitamins c and e which helps in making the skin supple and improves skin tone and reduces scars.
Benefits for hair:
- If hair loss scares you, apply a paste of seeded grapes. The linoleic acid and grape seed oil can add strength and prevent hair fall.
- Grapes can also be mixed with fenugreek and chickpeas for use on hair to improve life and lustre of the hair and add volume.
- The vitamin e and antioxidants also help improve scalp blood circulation, fight dandruff, reduce itchiness, and improved hair health.
Benefits on overall health:
- Relieves headache: The various antioxidants in the grapes help in relieving the headache almost instantaneously. Eat them up or drink if you have a headache, even migraines.
- Improves digestion: They improve digestion and reduce digestive problems, thereby curing indigestion. They also are shown to help in controlling colon cancer.
- Good in diabetes: Diabetic patients need not be worried about the sweet grapes. The pterostilbene in them helps lower sugar levels, and in the long run, it can also prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Cholesterol control: The polyphenols help in controlling heart disease by reducing plaque formation.
- Eye health: The reduced oxidation process and controlled inflammatory process helps in improving eye health, especially in the retina, which is full of proteins.
- Potassium in plenty: 100 g of grapes contains about 200 mg of potassium, which is a treasure. It improves blood pressure (by countering sodium), and also controls cholesterol and reduces salt intake.
- Brain health: The antioxidants like revasterol help in improving blood flow and helps in controlling alzheimer’s and improving memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a herbal expert.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
A fetus can masturbate in utero.
You don't need genitals to have an orgasm.
You can have them when you're brain dead.
They can cause bad breath.
They can cure hiccups.
Doctors once prescribed them for fertility.
Animals orgasm more than we think they do.
Oxytocin, the chemical released into your brain after climaxing, makes you relaxed and chatty
About 10 per cent of women are actually anorgasmic.
Most orgasms last about 20 seconds. After them, your body releases a hormone called prolactin that shuts off your sex drive for up to an hour, so anything that was turning you on before can suddenly make you bored.