Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
6 to 8 leucocytes found in urine for a boy of 8 years. Please advise the medicine to be used. Is Novamax 250 ml, Mefta gesic DF and Citra Ulka are useful? If not kindly suggest medicines a small boy of 8 years.
6 effective ways to manage period pain
Although menstrual cycles or monthly periods are a normal physiological process, they can sometimes be accompanied by pain and excessive cramping and can affect your quality of life. While the pain is usually tolerable and goes away in a day or two, it can be worse on some occasions. Here are some effective ways to handle period pain:
1. Use a heating pad
You can place a heating pad or a hot water bottle over your lower abdominal area to help in relieving pain. Heat is quite helpful in easing the cramping and reducing the intensity of pain.
2. Massage with essential oils
Massaging with certain aromatic essential oils is also an effective way to relieve menstrual cramps. These include lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, clary sage oil and marjoram oil. Massage your lower back and abdomen with these oils for best results. You can massage at around bedtime for a restful sleep and relief from cramping.
This might come as a surprise but exercise helps to release the pain relieving chemicals called endorphins. Experts suggest that women who exercise regularly often have less menstrual pain. To prevent cramps in the future, make exercise a part of your lifestyle.
4. Have herbal teas
Certain teas help in reducing the intensity of period pain and cramping. These include peppermint tea, cinnamon tea, ginger tea, chamomile tea and tulsi tea. You can add any of these teas during your periods for easing the pain and cramps.
5. Take a pain killer
You can take pain medications to relieve cramps. These include paracetamol, mefenamic acid and other analgesics. Paracetamol is an over the counter medicine but for others you will need a prescription from a doctor. It is best to take these medications as soon as bleeding or cramping starts. Painkillers can however cause side effects like acidity, gastritis and even stomach ulcers if taken too frequently.
6. Try pain relief patches
These are subcutaneous skin patches that can be applied directly over the skin. They are purely herbal and contain eucalyptus oil and menthol, both of which help in reducing cramping and relaxing the muscles. These patches release the ingredients in a controlled manner, thereby maintaining their levels in the blood stream throughout the day. This helps in ensuring long lasting action. They are easily available as over the counter medications. The advantages of these patches are that they are 100% herbal, are extremely easy to use and are free from side effects that can occur by popping painkillers on a regular basis.
So, go ahead and try these pain relieving therapies and enjoy pain free periods. Stay healthy, stay happy!
I m pregnant lady here. But sometime I feel that menses pain is happening. So please tll me is it normal or not.
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimal invasive surgery. The smaller length and depth of the incision leads to faster recovery than usual. It causes smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
In the procedure, small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras are used for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body. The procedure has become very popular in recent times. However, there are some myths around it which you shouldn't believe:
Myth: If you've undergone multiple abdominal surgeries in the past, you can't opt for a laparoscopy.
The truth is that you can go for a laparoscopy even if you've gone through multiple surgeries previously, irrespective of the location or size of the previous incisions. This is done through the use of a special instrument, called a microlaparscope that enables safe entry into the abdomen of the patient.
Myth: If you're overweight or underweight, you can't undergo a laparoscopy
No matter if you're obese or too thin, you can still undergo a laparoscopy as the tools used for this surgical procedure are available in different lengths and sizes, and can be adjusted as per the body type of the patient before the incision is made.
Myth: The images taken through a laparoscope are of poor quality This is not true. In fact, the visuals obtained through a laparoscope are clearer and much more accurate when compared to those obtained via an open surgery. The visuals of a video laparoscopy provide a detailed magnification of even those parts of the area that are inaccessible by the human eye.
Besides, you should also be aware of the complications to deal with the procedure better post surgery:
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day-to-day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a Laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a Laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be embolized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Injury inflicted: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract must be avoided. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible.
Not have interest in sex. Due to that my married life is somewhat unhappy. Rest matters are good and happy. How to increase sex feeling in a female. My husband is having too much interest in sex.
I'm Having severe burning sensation in vagina during urination, and have got little fever, also feeling vomiting, my periods are due in next 24 hrs. I had sex with my husband yesterday.
I am 6 weeks pregnant. Today I saw a little brown blood outside the vagina without clot. Is there anything to worry?
I have a short period of two days im 24 Years of age its so since last 5-6 Years. Im unmarried n da periods are regular and on time.
I am a 21 years old female and have red spots on my thighs near vagina. Please suggest something, I am shy to show it to doctor.
There are many things we do in our daily routine that can have various repercussions. The state of our skin is one of these. Starting from what we eat to how we shower and what kind of a skin care regimen we follow, there are a variety of factors that can affect the way our skin behaves. So are you showering the right way? Find out the best way to shower if you want healthy and glowing skin that retains its elasticity for a longer time.
- Turn it to Cold: Did you know that standing under hot water for too long can actually rob your skin of its moisture and make it look shrivelled? That’s right, the temperature of the water can actually make your skin good or bad. So turn the knob for a cold shower and enjoy an energetic shower, which will leave your skin looking dewy fresh. The water should not be completely cold, as harsh temperatures can have the same effect as extremely hot water. Instead, make sure that you find the perfect room temperature or luke warm setting with which you can shower every day.
- Showerhead: This may come as a surprise to you. Your showerhead actually determines the health of your skin. This showerhead is usually packed with dirt and grime that we know nothing about. Showering with this dirty showerhead can actually lead to a host of health issues in the long run including a slowdown of your immune system, as per the views of many doctors. So unscrew the showerhead and give it a good rinse in a mug of hot water. Use a toothbrush to easily dislodge the loose dirt and the grime that may have settled in layers. Take special care of the tiny jets, which should not get damaged in your cleaning spree!
- Shampoo and Conditioner: Remember to lather your locks in the right way by diluting the shampoo a little before spreading it evenly over the rest of your scalp. You should also do the same for your conditioner and let it stand for a few minutes before you wash it off.
- Exfoliation: Keep this activity to a minimum to avoid excessive abrasion of the skin. Use soft foam on a daily basis and keep the exfoliation to a minimum with one or two sessions a week.
- Cleansing: While the bar soap is the cleanest option, the loofah is not. So, if you are using a loofah on a daily basis, you will have to clean it up properly before you hang it to dry. Also, ensure that your bathroom has plenty of ventilation so that it may dry properly before your next use.
Hi, I am 26 years old. I usually get my periods on 26th of every month. I am sexually active and I got intimate on 3rd of oct. This month and missed my periods on this 26th. I also got infected with UTI on 23rd oct. For which I took oflox 200 for 3 days. I waited till 31st for my periods n took premolut N on 31st oct. At night I had a flow of single drop with severe stomach ache. I thought that I have received my periods so I dint take 2nd tab. Of Premolut N at night. But it was just a single drop. So on 1st oct. I took 2nd tab. At around 2 pm in afternoon and 3rd at night. I again had another drop of blood after night. Today morning I again took another tab. And had another drop of blood in morning but nothing after that. I am very scared. Please advise.
Sir I hve sex after one week of my periods tht to we use condoms bt accidentally it break bt within 12 hour I taken precautions I pill will there is any chance to get pregnant?
I have a heavy pain in lower abdomen when my period is start and bleeding amount also high in 5-6 days. My periods is also irregular and even in one month I survive 2 times period. What should I do?
Walking has been considered the most easy form of exercise. An average person walks about 3000-4000 steps in a day but it would be really good for your health if you can increase the number of steps up to 10,000, that’s is what every doctor advices people who want to stay active and fit.
Here’s the plethora of health benefits if you are able to walk 10,000 steps in a day.
1. You burn as much as 400 calories by walking 10,000 steps in a day
2. Helps prevent brain-shrinkage
3. Prevents osteoporosis
4. Boosts vitamin D level by exposure to sunlight
5. Tones up your muscles, legs and arms
6. Keeps your heart healthy and strengthens it
7. Keeps us mentally and physically strong
8. Reduces risk of stroke, diabetes and cancer
9. Reduces risk of early death by 30%
10. It makes your immunity grow stronger
11. It lowers disease-risk drastically
12. More beneficial for those who want to reduce weight
13. It is a good substitute for exercise
14. It helps in keeping your memory sharp
15. Increases your stamina of walking thereby increasing stamina required for physical work
16. Keeps your energy level high
17. Keeps you happy and healthy
18. It improves blood circulation
19. It lightens up your mood
20. Walking 10,000 steps also improves your sleep
You do get more or less similar benefit if do a 30-minute walk daily but walking 10,000 steps in a day is the best! As far as counting 10,000 steps is concerned various mobile apps and devices can be helpful.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.