Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SandeepaYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam I am 38 years old. I didn't get married due to my family problems not by any health issues and no idea to get marriage, I am mentally fine my family takes a good care of me. Do I get any health issues in future sir/madam because I didn't get married! If any than what is the precautions.
Hi, my wife (32 years 61 kg 5.2 feet height) has been facing a thyroid (hyp) problem, she is under medication (thyroxin 50 mcg daily), recent test report is tsh 0.33, t3 110, t4 50. She has pcod too. She is trying for conceive give suitable suggestion as well. Thanks.
I am 33 years male .unmarried. I will do late marriage ,what problems may be arise in my marriage life. Which age of girl better for me. Can I get children slowly. I only like two children in future. Give me sex idea for pregnancy.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as cushing's syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have a pain in my left breast I feel like there an extra thing is there, the pain is too heavy for me will you consult me what is my problem is it the symptom of breast cancer will you please help me to solve my problem soon.
Hi I have taken emergency contraceptive pill (unwanted-72) on 30th of december. Unfortunately, I caught up cold/fever and acidity today. There is also the problem of abdominal pain. Is that ok to take medication for cold/fever now? Please reply asap.
Meri friend pregnant hai and uske 3month ho chuka hai jiske baad bhi white jaisa discharge ho rha hai. Wo bhi bahut jyada. Kya pregnancy ke time aisa hota hai. Kahi ye uska waham to nahi hai k wo pregnant hai. Q ki wo doctor se consult nahi ki hai abhi tak.
I have a doubt for the past September month I have done sex with my girl friend without safety. But I'm not putting my pennies in deep, only touch top of d vagina and rubbed it. From their she couldn't get periods. Basically from childhood she couldn't get periods regularly. It comes 2 r 3 months later. As she told for d past year she get periods regularly. When we do sex it vil stop. Her age is 24 ,height is 5' and weight is 43. As she pregnant r else.
My mother has a shop and she has to stand whole day with out any rest. She does not sit even for a second. Plzz give me some suggestions about the intake of food which gives strength to her.
Dr. My wife she's pregnant 18 weak ago but she's not feel any moment such as before what should I do.
Hello Doctor, I am 30 years old, I weigh 51 kgs and I am 5.5 feet tall. I feel I am bit weak. Now that I am trying to conceive I want to conceive a healthy baby. I am taking folvite 5 mg from 2 months. Should I take any other pre natal vitamins which can help me conceiving soon a healthy baby.
An Anti-Aging Diet
What you eat makes a huge difference in how you age and how you feel,
Colorful fruits and vegetables. The antioxidants in colorful vegetables and fruits, such as leafy greens, deep red tomatoes, blueberries, and carrots, help stop unstable molecules from damaging healthy cells. So at each meal, fill about half your plate with fruits and vegetables with one serving of meat or poultry which has essential brain nutrients.
Three particular antioxidants -- vitamin C, zinc, and beta-carotene -- help protect your vision from macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness after age 64. If you already have macular degeneration, eating foods with these nutrients may slow its progress. Dark green, leafy vegetables -- spinach,and methi leaves greens are great sources. But you also help your eyes when you eat bright-colored ones.
Antioxidants like vitamin C can even help keep your skin younger-looking. One study linked eating lots of yellow and green vegetables to fewer wrinkles.
Nuts. The fats in nuts are among the healthiest you can find. If you avoid nuts because they're high in fat, think again. In fact, one study showed that snacking on nuts cut the risk of high blood pressure and high cholesterol by about 20%. You only need to eat 1/4 of an ounce a day to get the benefits -- that’s about 4 almonds.
Beans and lentils. These foods give you loads of fiber and plant-based protein, so they’re an age-protecting alternative to red meat with saturated fat, which is linked to heart disease and diabetes. Beans and lentils are inexpensive and easy to add to soups, casseroles, and side dishes.
Foods to Avoid
For the best anti-aging diet, it’s important to limit foods that can harm your body. It’s easy if you follow these guidelines.
Go easy on high-fat meat, high-fat dairy, and bakery treats. The saturated fat found in these foods can clog your arteries, which can lead to heart problems.
Limit added sugar as much as possible. Eating too much sugar can send your blood sugar levels on a roller-coaster ride of ups and downs. Over time, excess calories may cause insulin resistance, which can lead to type 2 diabetes. Diabetes damages your blood vessels and often leads to heart disease. "The less sugar you eat, the healthier you'll be," Pontius says.
Spare the salt. Eating too much salt, or sodium, can raise your blood pressure. Over time, high blood pressure can damage many parts of your body, including your kidneys, your eyes, and your brain. Limit sodium to 2,400 milligrams -- about 1 teaspoon of table salt -- throughout your entire day. If you have high blood pressure, are 51 or older, are African-American, or have diabetes or chronic kidney disease, you should eat even less: no more than about 1,500 mg a day.
Check labels for the sodium content in canned, frozen, and boxed foods. Packaged foods typically pack in a lot of salt -- you may be eating more than you realize.
I being a both a registered dietitian (RD) and doctor have been successfully helping patients with their problems through a holistic approach using customized therapeutic diet and medications . I will also suggest home remedies.
Do reply back for private consultation for Rx
Doctors always recommend taking green tea.
In our daily routine, the work stress, extra working hours and late night shifts all result in the excess intake of tea and coffee. Though we cannot completely control this habit what we can do is to turn to green tea. Green tea is packed with antioxidants and keeps your heart healthy.
It also contains Polyphemus that aid in cancer prevention. Moreover, don’t’ worry, it stimulates you, in the same way, coffee and tea do!