Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep TilvegYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I am suffering from severe gastric problem and becoming worst day by day. Nose burning, pain in my throat and chest and burning in my stomach. When I pass motion it burns like fire. Feeling difficult to breath. At mid night I wake up suddenly with acid reflux in my chest and nose blockage. I am getting allergy phlegm which is not stopping since from 3 months. My throat has become sore and painful. Chest tightness. What is the best and immediate remedy for this. Please suggest. I am 44 years old Female.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
My father was diagnosed as tuberculosis. Wat diet he has to follow amd wat prevention should other people in the family take. Please provide the necessary information.
Recently I taken x-ray in my nose, result mention" paranasal sinus" pls tell about what type of treatment taken.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am 15 years old and few months back I had a lung operation and was using r-cinex medicine as per doctors advice. Do I have any side effects by using this?
I am 25 years old male. I usually suffers from cough and cold every month. In my serum test I am allergic to wheat. Doctors call it as sinusitis. What should I do.
I am having little cough from around 2 months. So please can you tell me that is it a type of allergy or some thing else.
Recent Health check I found that am suffering from Sinus, Apart from taking medicine, what are the other cure I should follow. I heard there is no permanent cure in Allopathy but what should I do to keep away myself from Sinus problem. Do we have permanent cure in Ayurveda/Homeopathy.
My baby is 4.5 moths old. She is having lots of cough. We went to a Doctor and he gave me medicine and said put a warm cloth on the chest of the baby i'm doing that from 2 days. But today in her poo I found some blood. Like when the girls are having mensuration that sticky blood. I'm quit worried for this.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.