Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep Shrikant JesteYour feedback matters!
Males and females are afflicted by several types of impotency and dysfunctions which can negatively impact their relationship with their partners.
Erectile dysfunction, orgasm/ejaculation disorders or low libido are some examples of male impotency.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Medical conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure, or anxiety about having sex can lead to ED. Other contributing factors to ED are depression, fatigue and stress.
- Ejaculation Problems: These include ejaculation that occurs early during coitus and the inability to ejaculate at all. Some of the causes for this can be history of sexual trauma, strict religious beliefs, antidepressants and anxiety about sex.
- Low Libido: Decreased hormone levels, illness, and medication side effects, and psychological issues like stress, depression and anxiety about having sex can lead to decreased or no sexual desire.
Loss of interest (low libido) in sex, difficulty in reaching orgasm, vaginal dryness and tightness causing pain during sex are some of the sexual problems that affect females.
- Low Libido: Lower levels of the oestrogen hormone can cause absence of sexual desire. Certain medications like antidepressants, fatigue, depression and anxiety can also lead to low libido.
- Difficulty achieving orgasms: Not being able to achieve orgasms or delayed orgasms can affect both men and women. Again, certain medications like antidepressants can cause orgasm disorders.
- Vaginal dryness: Sex can get painful if the vagina is not properly lubricated which in turn effects libido, arousal and desire. Hormonal changes during menopause and breastfeeding as well as psychological issues like anxiety about sex can cause vaginal dryness.
- Pain during sex: Vaginal dryness or endometriosis causes pain during sex.
I don't know why I dont cry If something hurts me or try to beat me. No single tear is pour our from eyes. What is this please help me.
Super Fact of the Day: The nerve impulses to and from your brain travel at the speed of 170 miles/hour!
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am 19 years old I have been having severe stomachache from last almost 5 days. Its also not my menstrual cycle going on. I am afraid if it is stones in my stomach. What should I do? I tried remedies but.
Miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion that occurs around the first to second trimester of pregnancy; wherein the foetus is automatically expelled from the uterus due to its inability to survive because of environmental influences or chromosomal abnormalities.
Unless the miscarriage occurs due to a severe health issue, the fertility of the woman may not necessarily be compromised. Studies show that one miscarriage doesn’t predict the possibility of a future one. Once the bleeding and pain subside, it is the emotional trauma that must be addressed to begin with which poses a greater threat than the physical one.
The fertility of the woman remains unaltered and the body can be ready after the menstrual cycle returns to normal. However, it still requires some time for the woman to be physically and emotionally prepared to go through another pregnancy. The medical history and reasons behind miscarriage must be evaluated before the couple decides to try again.
Complications after miscarriage only occur if the woman is above 35 years of age or has a rather unhealthy lifestyle. The concept of fertility varies from person to person and it isn’t possible to pass a common judgement about fertility in this scenario.
The gynaecologist mostly suggests couple therapy after the trauma of the miscarriage. The psychological loss is given more importance before considering another attempt by most doctors. The fertility loss only occurs with age and unhealthy lifestyle and it is widely accepted and proven that a miscarriage has little or nothing to do with it.
Ways to Increase Fertility
If a couple is certain they are ready to conceive again, there are a few things a woman can do to help her chances of becoming pregnant-
- The first thing to do is to stop any unhealthy habits. These include smoking, drug use, or alcohol abuse. It’s reported that high consumption levels of caffeine are detrimental to conception so that should also be limited.
- Eliminating stress can also help. Eliminating stress is one of the most important factors in having a successful pregnancy. So, it makes sense that getting over-stressed can reduce fertility levels.
- Eat healthy. If depression was experienced due to the miscarriage, it’s possible that the woman’s diet has not been the healthiest. It’s common for women who have experienced a miscarriage to have a loss of appetite and not eat enough or to eat out of sorrow, eating too much. More attention should be paid to the diet and more healthy foods added to meals.
Talk to a Doctor
If a couple is having issues with fertility after early miscarriage, they should talk to a doctor. There are many options available. More than likely, the first thing the doctor will do is to test fertility levels of both the man and the woman. If you don't want to visit a doctor for this, there is a new at-home kit available called Fertell. This test, retailing for approximately $100, measures fertility levels for both a man and a woman.
If it is found that there is a loss of fertility after early miscarriage, fertility drugs or therapies may be prescribed for a period of time.
The doctor may report that there are no issues with fertility. At this point, it would be a good idea to use an ovulation predictor in order to time effective intercourse. This isn't the most romantic idea, but it may well be one of the most logical ways for a couple to conceive.
Fertility is not normally decreased after miscarriage. A woman's fertility levels return to normal as soon as her menstrual cycle returns. Fertility may be decreased due to emotional issues as a result of the miscarriage. However, if a couple is ready, both physically and emotionally, there should be no physiological hindrances to conception.
The decision to try again is not an easy one. However, fertility won't typically be an issue.