Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep PophaleYour feedback matters!
My wife was 9 weeks pregnant now she miscarried. She's bleeding from yesterday last night it was heavy but today it's negligible. She's feeling immense pain so with the doctor's advice a pain killer is given to her she got a kind of relief from pain for few hours. Should I wait for natural process or go for d&c. Even if d&c is necessary I want to wait till today so that I can do a u/s of her and see if there's any residual of the fetus or not. Will this be safe to wait that long or not?
She told me that she is not feeling comfortable after she became physical with her boyfriend and she is not felling well is she pregnant.please help
If you have herpes, you can also have cold and cough because of it? Are they related? Does syphilis gonnrhea and chlamydia have also effects on immune system weakening?
Hello doc, is taking co- enzyme q 10, L-carnitine, lycopene, L-arginine, selenium, zinc and folic acid helps improve ivf success rate? do they improve egg quality? if yes, then to what extent and for how much time one should take them prior to ivf? I am 40 yrs old female going for ivf? my hormonal essay are normal.
Hi I am trying to get pregnant. Can I join zumba classes to reduce weight. Can exercises effects in implantation of fertilised egg.
I had sex on 4th days of my period that is on 22nd January at 5 pm and my first day was 19th January 2017. I take Ipill on 25th January at 1 pm. After that I feel pain in my lower abdomen and I am feeling thin watery discharge from my vagina. I want to know is it something sort of infection or it is a pregnancy.
My last period was on 21st july. And yesterday I have done my IUI .but the doctor says that the sperms can not be reached into the uterus due to some blockage and the sperms are (washed 14 million sperms) inserted into the cervix. I have taking medicines such as conseval, folic acid, evatone and today onwards duphaston .is there any chance for me to get pregnant?
She has underweight and complicated to reduce perhaps she has periods problem. Can she cure by treatment.
Respected sir/mam, Me and my friend got intimated on 6/4/17 and we had unprotected. So for avoiding pregnancy she took an i-pill, and this was second time she took earlier that she had took was like 6 months ago. But this time yesterday that is on 12/4/17 she had vaginal bleeding and its not continues sometimes few spots but every time whenever she is going to pee. Please guide us upto how many days this bleeding will last coz she is 15 days away from her menstruation cycle. She has it on 29th of every month. We both are so worried and depressed what it is all about and do we need to go for any test? We don't have much time please help please.
Dear sir/madam I am great great tension for my mom she entered 40 years and is suffering from frequent periods in a month he has 3 to 4 times periods in a month please tell me what is wrong with her is she ok or not?
Ovaries are a part of a woman’s reproductive system. The primary function of ovaries include producing ‘ova’ or eggs and secreting hormones such as progesterone and estrogen. Cysts are fluid filled sacs that form the ovaries; they usually do not cause any symptom and are not painful.
There are primarily two types of ovarian cysts:
1. Follicle cysts: During a woman’s menstrual cycle, the egg develops in a sac known as the follicle. Under normal circumstances, the sac breaks open and releases the egg. When this doesn’t happen, fluids start accumulating in the follicle to form a cyst.
2. Corpus luteum cysts: Follicle sacs dissolve after releasing the egg, but in some cases, these sacs remain and the opening of the sacs gets sealed. It again results in fluid accumulation, leading to the formation of corpus luteum cysts.
Usually, cysts do not cause any symptom. If the size of the cysts increases, they may cause symptoms such as stomach pain, pain during bowel movements and sex as well as pelvic floor pain. The breasts may become tender and one may experience rapid breathing. Other symptoms of ovarian cysts are fever, nausea and dizziness. Usually, rupturing of a cyst leads to these symptoms surfacing; hence you would know when exactly to call the doctor.
The treatment options for ovarian cysts are:
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is carried out if the cysts are small in size. An incision is made close to the navel, through which an instrument is inserted to get rid of the cyst.
- Birth control pills: For chronic ovarian cysts, oral contraceptives are prescribed to stop the ovulation process in order to arrest the formation of cysts.
- Laparotomy: In case of large cysts, this procedure is recommended. A relatively bigger incision is made in the abdomen, through which the cyst is removed.
Ovarian cysts, if left untreated, can certainly cause infertility. Pre-menopausal women and who suffer from frequent hormonal imbalances in the body are the most vulnerable to this condition.
Me and my wife we are participated in sex without protection on 13 th day after she's period. There is any possibility to get pregnancy? Now we are not plan for children. What are safest days to participate in sex without condom and ipils.
Contrary to what most girls have been led to believe about the hymen being a flat tissue that covers the vagina and is ripped during penetrative intercourse, the truth is that hymen is a fringe of tissue around the vaginal opening. It is not an intact tissue draping across the vaginal wall because without any outlet for the menstrual blood, girls would get periods only after they lose their virginity. (Know more about Irregular Periods)
Here are a few mind-boggling facts about the hymen.
- Just like labia, every woman's hymen varies in color, size and shapes.
- It is elastic and stretchy in most cases. Vaginal delivery makes the hymen less visible by smoothening and stretching it.
- Despite popular belief, the pain women experience when they have sex for the first time is not due to your hymen breaking, but because your vaginal muscles are too tense and/or you're going at it too rough and fast without adequate lubrication.
- Simple exercises such as walking, riding bicycles, doing splits as well as horseback riding may rip your hymen long before you have had intercourse.
- Hymens should not be perceived as the indicator of sexual activity because they are extremely stretchy and stay with you your entire life. Even sexually active people have hymens.
- If you do not resort to any sexual activity (including penetration during masturbation), the hymen returns to its default position in your vulva.
- Very few women have an imperforate hymen in which the opening is too small for penetration whether by tampons, fingers, sex toys or an erect penis. A simple surgery needs to be conducted in such a case where parts of the hymen are snipped away.
- There is a growth in hymenoplasty, also known as hymen reconstruction surgery, in the past few years because hymen is viewed as an indicator of virginity and there have been cases of annulment, public humiliation, torture and even death because they believe that the hymen is not intact due to sexual activity; therefore making hymenoplasty an effective solution.
- Although, not an indicator of the amount of sexual activities performed, one must seek immediate medical attention after being sexually assaulted because it can be examined to prove sexual abuse. (Learn more about Sexual Activity Affects Vaginal Health). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
With the advent of the internet and it's free nature, pornography has become one of the most viewed explicit contents of the internet. Though not made for adolescents, pornography is viewed by a large number of teenagers and young adults. Sex education is highly necessary for teens and young adults and pornography can never be substituted for sex education. Read more to find all about it.
- Pornography is an act: The porn industry like all other industries exists for profitability and actors who indulge in explicit sexual activities on screen are professionals and the scenes are entirely scripted. The purpose of sex education, which is to provide knowledge about a person's own sexuality is lost in porn. Similar to romantic movies, which are far off from reality, pornography is also a fantasy.
- Pornography is focused on the act itself: Sex education is not just learning about sexual activities or preferences, but also about learning reproductive sex, safe sex, reproductive health, birth control and also emotional relations and responsibilities. Pornography is graphic by its nature and does not provide any knowledge on these subjects, which are of utmost importance as comprehensive sex education is necessary for every single person.
- Pornography gives out the wrong message: The different positions or ways, which actors perform in pornography might be admirable, but it should be kept in mind that pornography has a purpose and it is not providing sex education to adolescents and young adults. When engaging in sexual activities with your partner, their level of comfort, their consent, and their preferences matter the most. So knowledge gained from pornography is in most cases faulty. Also keep in mind that there is a stark difference in what is shown in porn and what happens in real life.