Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep PatilYour feedback matters!
Doctor meri problem skin ki hai 2 saal phele meri body pe chicken pox disease hogya tha. Face pe nishan gye nahi deep hole se ban gye hai. Koi medicine ya kuj btaiye jisse meri skin dubara thil ho jaye thnxx.
Plz give me some tips to reduce my pimples nd my face is totally rough so please prescribe me a medical to over come this problem.
M using melacare on my hand now my hand become black I am lost my natural skin please provide me some best medicine for hand.
My facial skin is darker than the skin of my body. And also some marks of pimples are there. please suggest me something which can be used to glow my skin. I have to work in sun also.
How to get fairer look that is free from pimple. Specially free from blackheads on my nose I am 16 years boy.
I am 38, since 8 years on words my face colour is changed like ash. Body colour is white. Pl. Tell me what type of the cation taken.
I am suffering from skin problem dark patches in lips corner and too much dark circles and I am using melaglow cream but there is no effect. So please help me?
Am am male 23 years. How should I clear my face in black marks, dots, please suggest. I should clear my face without single small mark on my face.
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.