Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep PatilYour feedback matters!
Pimples and marks all over face. Though marks only on cheeks! how to get rid of them naturally? please help!
My mother has a dark circles around both of her eyes even eyelids are too dark for past 15 years .she is now 60 years aged .is hydroquinone 2% cream is suitable to use around eyes and if I also use this solution for my high pigmented area or around eyes .pls solve in detail.
I having pain in bikini area both side pain is very harsh and my periods are not coming on time and having hairfall please tell me about this.
What to do for heavy dark circles around eyes. Am getting enough sleep for more than 8 hrs and no problem with eyesight.
My face bone on my right side is big than the other. Though I have a round face. But somehow it does not look similar. I can actually feel the increased bone in my face area and sometimes feels the pain too. Don't know Why? What is the risk of this? How can I fix it?
1. Lemon Juice
Put some fresh lemon juice on a cotton ball and rub it directly on the affected skin area.
Allow it to dry and then wash it off with plain water.
Continue applying this dark spot removal home remedy for at least two weeks to get the desired result.
If you have delicate or sensitive skin, you can dilute the lemon juice with plain water, rosewater, or honey. You can also use lime juice to get rid of black spots, applying it in the same manner as described above.
2. Butter Milk
Take four teaspoons of buttermilk.
Add two teaspoons of fresh tomato juice.
Mix the two ingredients (both have excellent bleaching properties) and then apply.
Wash it off after 15 minutes.
The lactic acid in milk too, will gradually reduce skin pigmentation, and brighten and tone your overall skin complexion. So, if you do not have buttermilk, simply apply soak a cotton ball in milk and dab it directly on your spots. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off Put milk on a cotton ball and dab it directly on your spots. Repeat this procedure twice daily for four to five weeks.
You can also prepare a solution by mixing milk and honey and apply the solution to your dark spots, leaving it on for 10 minutes.
Oatmeal powder is considered good for skin exfoliation. Hence, you can apply an oatmeal mask on your face and neck to remove dead skin and black spots.
Grind half a cup of rolled oats.
Add three to four tablespoons of lemon juice to make a paste.
Scrub it on your skin and wash it off with warm water when it dries.
If it becomes messy, use a clean cloth soaked in warm water to remove the mask. Follow this treatment once or twice a week.
Take 8-10 almonds and soak them in milk overnight.
Peel off the skin and grind the almonds in the morning.
Now, add one teaspoon sandalwood powder and half a teaspoon honey in it.
Mix them to make a fine paste.
Apply it on your face.
Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then wash it off.
Make a thick paste of sandalwood powder, glycerin and rose water. (If you don?t have rose water, you can use milk or honey.)
Apply the thick paste to the affected skin area, leaving it on for a few minutes. Wash off the paste with lukewarm water.
Follow this remedy once daily until your black spots vanish completely.
Slice up a potato and place one slice directly on the black spots; leave on for a few minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
You can also make a face mask by combining grated potato with honey.
Some people have also had success using tomatoes to get rid of dark black spots within a few weeks.
I am a boy of 15+ years. I have some pimples and black heads and also dark heads in my face and I am not that fair. Please help me resolve this problem. And due to those above mentioned problems I look more dark. Please help me as soon as possible.
Hyperpigmentation is a medical condition which occurs when an area of the skin becomes much darker in comparison to the rest of the skin tone. This happens due to an excess of a pigment called melanin. Hyper-pigmentation is fairly common and many people have reported this condition at some point in their lives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
1. Lentigines or Freckled Skin: They are mainly freckles which arise on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines: Although these are known as age spots, sun spots and liver spots they are caused primarily due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. Melasma: This condition mostly seen in pregnant women and is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. Melasma typically manifests as pigmented and patchy areas of discoloration on the face except the eye area.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
- Hyper pigmentation can be hereditary i.e. passed on to children from parents
- Prolonged exposure to sun.
- Picking and poking at the skin can also cause hyper pigmentation.
- Medications such as hormone treatments, antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs may result in it as an unwanted side effect.
- Skin injuries due to bad forms of acne vulgaris and inflammation.
How Homeopathy Works on Hyperpigmentation?
Homoeopathy considers blemishes or pigmentation as a local expression of a systemic / internal disturbance. Homeopathy believes that skin disorders are a reflection of an internal imbalance and to be treated from within. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, genetic predisposition and so on. While choosing homeopathic remedies the cause of pigmentation is evaluated, for example, mental stress, hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, nutritional deficiency, poor immune system and so on.
Homeopathic treatment, which gets to the root of the problem will reinforce the immune system and gradually restore the pigmented spots to the normal skin color. Homeopathic medicines restore the hormonal imbalance and control the excessive production of melanin. Homeopathy will not inhibit the natural process of the skin's melanin production. It will act on melanocytes to produce less melanin naturally thus strengthening the skin cells to stay healthy and remove excessive melanin in the skin. This improves the quality (texture) of skin, blemishes disappear and further discoloration of skin stops.
For fast recovery and to maintain the skin texture and glow homeopaths also use external creams which are purely prepared by homeopathic Mother tincture and low potency’s and are very safe and without any side effects.
Homeopathy medicines cure pigmentation from the root cause and assuring the patient of not facing the similar problem in future. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating pigmentation are:
- Medicines like Lycopodium Clavatum can be consumed if you experience grayish-yellow discolored face with blue circles around the eyes. It can also cure brown spots on the nose and face.
- Sepia offincinalis can treat chloasma (Yellow spots on the face and a yellow mark across the upper region of the nose and cheeks). This medicine also treats ailments during pregnancy and is best suited for patients who have dark hair.
- Thuja occidentalis should be consumed to treat dry skin with uneven brown spots. People who have waxy faces with dark under eyes should consume this medicine.
- Argenticum nitricum can also be consumed if your face looks pale, old and bluish. It is best suited for people who have tense, hard and brown skin with irregular brown blotches.
- Cadmium sulphuratum can treat yellow stains on the cheeks and nose. This usually worsens due to prolonged exposure to the wind and sun.
- Copaiva offincinalis reduces brown lenticular spots. These spots give a mottled appearance and can itch at times.
- Caulophyllum thalictroides can be consumed by women who experience discoloration of the skin due to uterine and menstrual disorders.
- Plumbum melallicum usually treat liver spots, hyper pigmentation and reduces the oil content of the face.
These remedies treat discoloration of the face along with liver spots, brown spots and excess oil formation of the face which is accompanied by hyperpigmentation.
However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of pigmentation are tailor-made and should be taken after consulting a specialized homeopath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic and ask a free question.