Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep MehtaYour feedback matters!
My 3 years son is suffering with UTI 3rd time in last 6 months. Want to seek specialist advice in Delhi/NCR as my paediatric is unable to get the root cause of infection. Kindly help at earliest.
The Association of Teachers and Lecturers warn that rising numbers of children are unable to perform simple tasks such as using building blocks because of overexposure to iPod and smart phones
Rising numbers of infants lack the motor skills needed to play with building blocks because of an “addiction” to tablet computers and smartphones, according to teachers.
Many children aged just three or four can “swipe a screen” but have little or no dexterity in their fingers after spending hours glued to iPads, it was claimed.
Members of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers also warned how some older children were unable to complete traditional pen and paper exams because their memory had been eroded by overexposure to screen-based technology.
They called on parents to crackdown on tablet computer use and even turn off wi-fi at night to address the problem.
My son aged 12 years reading in Class-VI. Basically he is very obedient in nature but he is very unmindful and sometimes he is alone thinking something else and that's why he could not concentrate in reading and he is very slow learner despite his vigorous labor. He is not interested in sports and other physical activities. He has god gifted singing talent. He usually likes to sit alone. He could not adjust with friends in school properly. He is shaky in unknown areas and could not respond promptly. We the parents are very much anxious about his marks at School and his lonely behaviour. Please let me know whether there is any Education Therapy or any counseling is required for him. If it's required then please tell me how much time will be required for that as we are living at Silchar far distance from Guwahati. Please let me know whether this treatment is available at your organisation.
One of My 7 year old girl child I'd always biting her finger tip and nails. They are twin kids. Any problem with this?
I had 1 month girl baby since born she is not crying and not drinking milk please advise me what can I do ?
My daughter 2 months 4 days old. She born 2 day before 36 week. Her birth weight was 2.5 kg and now 3.1 kg at 2nd March. She have cough and chest digestion. What should we need to do to cures her.
I have a baby son with 1 year 4 month of age. Now i am 4 month pregnant. Is there any problem to breast feeding to my son.
My baby is 34 month old. For d last 20 days she has been suffering frm high fever 103-104 frequently, like 3-4 times a day. Consulted doctors. Examined n conducted blood n urine tests. Reports were normal. Dey suggested paracetamol n mefenamic acid n finally wid antibiotic also. But no change in her health condition. Wat to do.
My 5 week old baby is hardly sleeping. Either she is in half sleep or not sleeping most of the time. She sleeps for an average of 5 hrs a day and 3 hrs at night. Should I see a doctor for this?
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.