Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep LadYour feedback matters!
I had taken fluoxetine hydrochloride 20mg for 4 years and then I had stop taking for 45 days then I start taking again but can't sleep at night and feeling nervous and dry tung, so what should I do?
My teeth is yellow in color with irregular shape and bad smell comes out. Which remedies can save my mouth from this diseases.
I am 23 year old my tooth get easily broken even biting small stones in our food what is the problem?
Occasional teeth clenching is fairly common disorder among adults and children throughout the world. But if the teeth grinding occurs repeatedly, it can cause significant damage to your teeth or gums (with chances of potential tooth loss) and overall dental hygiene. Furthermore, recurrent episodes of bruxism might cause other serious complications such as severe headaches, facial pain or disorders in the temporomandibular joints (located in the forepart of the ear).
According to recent studies, 15-33% of children tend to grind their teeth while they develop their first few pairs and generally stop with the gradual development of adult teeth. In adults, this disorder might occur as an involuntary response, completely unbeknownst to the concerned individual.
The most likely causes of bruxism are as follows:
According to the doctors, in 70% of the adults, repressed stress or anxiety might result in teeth grinding while you are sleeping.
Bruxism might also occur as a result of excessive consumption of alcohol, caffeine, sleeping pills, tobacco, and selected anti-depressants.
Bruxism might also occur due to depression and the sheer competitive nature in certain individuals.
Bruxism might also occur due to a serious disorder such as Parkinson ’s disease.
Bruxism might also occur as an axillary of other sleep related disorders such as excessive snoring, sleep apnoea, etc.
If you have an irregular structural alignment among the upper and lower sets of teeth, Bruxism is more likely to occur.
In children, Bruxism might occur as a response from to pain in the ear or tooth.
The following treatments can be implemented to treat permanent instances of bruxism:
If it is caused by severe stress and anxiety, stress management therapies can be very useful to prevent Bruxism.
If you have a habit of grinding your teeth while you are asleep, you can consult your doctor to provide you with mouth guards.
Regulated consumption of alcohol, tobacco might help prevent Bruxism if it is caused by a side effect of either one of them. Likewise, if the disorder occurs due to a side effect of antidepressants or any other psychiatric medications, you must consult your doctor to change the particular medication.
You can also opt for Dental correction procedures like night guard if the reason of the disorder is the misalignment of the upper and lower teeth or other related dental complications. A custom fit night guard will not only safeguard your comfort, but improve the quality of your smile as well.
Although medications are not common, muscle relaxants (for a certain period of time) or Botox injections are prescribed by doctors when the patient does not respond to other forms of treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
I am 33 years old female having a dental problem. My upper front tooth are protruding outside creating problem in conversations. What should I do?
How to get rid of oral sensitivity, it gives a sharp and narrow pain for me. Sensodyne n other pastes only only satisfying the temporary pain but do not help in long run. Pls help me.
Tongue blister/wound continue after grinding the sharp edges and taking bcomplex with zinc tab and hexigel cream still no relief. Any test to be done or any prob in future.
My son's (age 7) front teeth (new) are widened which was not the case in his early years (upto 4) and one tooth did not come which is the reason for the gap I think. So, pls. suggest what should we do?
How to remove bad breath ? Is it because of mouth or due to acidity . Suggest good tooth paste . Should I use tongue cleaner and dental floss ?
How I can control my sex feeling sometimes gums are comes out .sir I want to free from this how I can . I have pimples on my face lot of starches on my face how I can clear my face with out any side effect Sir can you say remedies for this.
Blood come at the time of bussing from teeth since 2 year. Is any problem occurred due to this. What is the solution of this problem. Please ans me.
I am 22 year old male. My teeth is bad beacuse of my bad habbit chewing tobacco. But now I leave that.
Hi doctor, I not take my food properly in all days. Because of work stress. So in my tongue ill with wounds. What I want to do?
I am having a very serious pain and sensitivity in my teeth i cant eat or drink cold things what can I do?
I am having a severe tooth pain, sometimes its bleeding out. What type of remedy is used to reduce the tooth pain?
We all think brushing is the best favour we could do to our teeth and mouth, right? No! Incorrectly done, brushing can do more damage than good. It is always advisable to check with your dentist if you are brushing the right way. In fact, a lot of periodontal diseases and issues like abrasion are due to improper brushing techniques.
Let us look at some common issues related to brushing both good and bad.
- Tooth brush: Pick the right one. Firstly, the length, you should be able to reach all parts of the mouth, especially the last tooth, without having to open the mouth wide. Softer bristles are always preferred.
- Duration: If you brush 2 to 3 times daily, each brushing should not last more than 2 minutes. Divide the mouth into 4 quadrants upper right and left, lower right and left – and spend 30 seconds on each quadrant. Longer hours of brushing can lead to wearing of the enamel.
- Technique: A forceful front-and-back motion can cause a V-shaped notch at the gum line, leading to a condition called abrasion. The ideal way to brush is to begin at the gumline and go about in circular motions. Ensure all surfaces, outer and inner, of all teeth are covered.
- Force of brushing: The idea of brushing is to remove the soft deposits of plaque, which comes off very easily with brushing. Do not exert a lot of pressure in an attempt to remove plaque. The hardened tartar or stain can anyways not be removed with brushing and will need to be removed by the dentist.
- Habit: Most of us are habituated to begin at the same place and go about the same routine to finish brushing. Dentists advise that it is good to begin at different places each time. As you near the end of your brushing time, you are usually tired and just want to get done with it. Changing the start and end points gives all the teeth a fair chance of getting cleaned.
- Storing: Do not store your toothbrush in the toilet area and with a whole lot of brushes. Both contain enough bacteria, and your brush can do without it.
- Timing: If you have had acidic food, wait for about half an hour before you brush. The acidic environment softens the tooth and brushing it immediately can lead to easier wearing of the enamel.
- Changing brush: Any time the bristles lose their flexibility, it is time to change, usually about 3 months.
Never thought there are so many things to do and avoid with brushing? You are not alone, hopefully you can plan your brushing better the next time onwards. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.