Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SandeepYour feedback matters!
I am a married women and have 2 children from it. I have a healthy sex life and I would like to know of other contraception other than condoms.
2.5 months back i took an contraceptive pill. After that on seventth day i got my periods. After that i m yet to get my periods. What could it be?
I am 20 years old married. We don't have any child and don't want child for next 2 yr. What is the option other than condom please suggest.
If you have a healthy pregnancy, there’s no reason why you and your partner can not have sex. You would not hurt your baby by making love.
There are, however, some circumstances where you may have to be careful about having sex.
If you’ve had any bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy, your doctor may advise you not to have sex until you reach 14 weeks. Your doctor may say it is best not to have sex for the rest of your pregnancy if you have:
- a history of cervical weakness
- a low-lying placenta (placenta praevia)
- had heavy bleeding
- had a vaginal infection
It is advisable to consult your gynecologist if you have a doubt ask your gynecologist. Your doctor is the best person to advise in such matters.
When I do fast I dnt feel hungry bt I feel so much thrusts so please help me what to do so I may not feel thrusts please let me know.
Dear Doctor, i am suffering from 1 and half years different types of problems 1. Every 1 or 2 month suffering from aphthosis (like black big spot) 2. My vagina is itching any smelling so much with wet 3. Also i am suffering with gas problem so can you suggest me what should i i has also check up and take lots of medicine.
Hi doctor I'm 4 months pregnant my vagina is paining little I feel lk itching their is it normal these days I fell some Wt should I change my patients every day please suggest me.
Menopause is a tricky problem for women to negotiate. Hot flushes, mood swings, night sweats, sleeplessness, and vaginal dryness are but some of the issues. It's a very similar position to that of puberty whereby the body is out of control and one's emotions follow suite. If a woman going through this time is facing added pressures with family or job she can lose her confidence and sink into a state of depression.
The effect on those around her has a bearing on her moods as they usually fail to understand what is happening to her. In my case the greatest thing was hormone replacement therapy which almost instantly corrected the problems. The brain cleared of its confusion, the other symptoms virtually stopped, and energy levels were restored.
The question many face is how safe is this HRT? Some studies link it to breast cancer and other diseases as a warning against it. But speaking from personal experience the risks of developing is far outweighed by the benefits.
- As opposed to my situation my sister, five years younger, did not take HRT and she had a hysterectomy, which saw the female reproductive organs removed. By the time she was 50 she was diagnosed with the bones of an 80-year-old. She then suffered from osteoporosis with her bones, particularly her ribs, breaking with the slightest pressure.
- On top of that she also has irritable bowel syndrome and other things, such as shingles. Her blood pressure was always low and other problems emerged. Although active and stoic her health went rapidly downhill and she died two years ago of pancreatic cancer at the age of 71. Now one can't say that HRT would have saved her from that but it certainly didn't cause the cancer.
- By way of contrast my body is fit, healthy, strong, with no disease or blood pressure at the age now of 78. My brain is active and productive and most days I attend a gym. My bones are also strong with no sign of osteoporosis. I don't even get headaches or other things most people my age would normally suffer from. I don't even wear glasses.
- While there are great benefits to be had from HRT it is my belief it also preserves the body well into old age. Cancers of the type they proclaim may be associated with it are, in my opinion, not related to it. Breast cancer is common among women of all ages and some die in their twenties from it.
- To be rid of the awful symptoms of menopause is a great achievement by the medical scientists. They have made it possible for many women to remain a productive force in society. My mother who never had the benefits of it suffered and died at the age of 56 years.
- While everyone is different and people have diverse opinions about what is good for their heath my suggestion is to go where your body takes you. Don't be frightened or put off by claims that are as yet unproven.
I take Ly one primolut N for my periods monthly I get gud flow but if I stop taking I'm not getting periods naturally I have pcos.
I am 6 week pregnant now. Last year, I had a miscarriage in three months of pregnancy. I consult with a gynec and he prescribes me these medicines-- folvite mb, susten sr 200 and doxinate od. Are these medicines have any side effects?
Hello, I do not wanna use condom while having sex but also I do not wanna be papa and my wife also do not want to be mother soon so for that what we have to do?
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
The term haemorrhage refers to the escape of blood from the vessels through which it runs and the discharge can be either into the internal cavities or in the external regions. Profuse as well as long drawn haemmorrhages can be dangerous and lead to serious outcomes. In some individuals there exists a predisposition which can either be acquired or hereditary and comprises defective contractility of affected arteries. The common haemorrhages can be of three types namely arterial, venous and capillary, and the special types are accidental, antepartum, cerebral, concealed, contrecoup, extradural and intradural haemorrhage. Regardless of the haemorrhage you are suffering from, homeopathy can offer you a solution to your ailment.
What are the symptoms of internal haemorrhage?
Internal bleeding is quite difficult to detect and in some cases it may not be identified for many hours after it starts. Symptoms may only take place when there is severe loss of blood and when the blood clot is big enough for compressing any organ, leading to its inability to function properly. Some people are affected with inborn and genetic errors of blood clotting and in such cases minor injuries can cause a heavy bleeding. Von
Willebrand’s disease and haemophilia are two instances of hereditary clotting disease.
There are several homeopathic medications, including secale, trilium, ipecac, hammelis and cinchona, along with various others that can be used for the treatment of haemorrage. However, it is best to consult an expert for availing medicines that are ideal to treat your individualistic health complication.
How can homeopathy treat haemorrahage?
Homeopathy aims to treat an individual as a whole instead of focusing on the affected area or the concerned ailment only. So when you are suffering from haemorrahage, your doctor will evaluate all the relevant aspects of your health that include assessment of the physical and mental conditions, present symptoms, underlying pathological conditions as well as possible causative factors. Some people have a tendency to choose medications on their own and administer them, but it is advisable to not take things into your own hands as a haemorrhage is a broad aspect and shouldn’t be experimented with.
It is important to check whether you are susceptible to any kind of haemorrhage and get proper homeopathic medication. It is important to maintain a low blood pressure and stay away from all kinds of activities that can induce heavy gravitational force and stay as stress free as possible. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories.
1. Blocked fallopian tubes
2. One blocked and one open fallopian tube
3. Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types:
This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. He may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
2. In vitro Fertilization(IVF)
Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi I am 10 week pregnant and my thyroid report is 10.37 It should be 3.18 to 9.36.Any issue with this please let me know.
Hi doctor my name is pallavi. I am 32 years od. have one girl child 9 years old. E planning for one more child. E trying to conceive at 3 months. have very regular periods 29 days. Last month my period came 13. Bt this month my period come before 9 days .t first I have mild cramping in my abdominal area then brownish colour spotting .hen stop after few hrs it fully cramping and bleeding start flow was normal bt bleeding. It stop 5 days. My period length is 4 days bt again it start after one day little little and still have. Please doctor tell why thia type of happen and if it os period then this month when I ovulate?
Ayurveda's marichyadi choorna:
In this age of polluted environment and weakening immunities due to present day lifestyle, people fall prey to ciugh, bronchitis, asthma, colds, sore throat etc. On slightest exposure.
Best of antibiotics, inhalers and cortisones become resistant and people keep on searching for better and still better doctors.
We do not claim that marichyadi choorna is replacement of other best regimes available, but we do claim if these simple things are adopted besides other of modern prescriptions, the response to medicine will definitely increase. Immunity is enhanced by natural herbs. In fresh cases, even primary treatment by such simple combos will not push the people to unmanageable levels over the years. Can be combined with other medicines also, even allopathic.
Black pepper finely ground powder and sugarcandy finely ground powder in 1: 1 ratio.
Dose: 1 to 2 gms. To be licked with honey. Follow warm/ hot water sips. Even can be sucked without honey. It also clears voice. If 10 gms of this powder is boiled in 1 litre of water till it remains half, the water drunk slowly, cures chronic colds by excreting sticky cough.
Not suitable for diabetics.