Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Uterine fibroids, also referred to as uterine myomas) are non-cancerous tumors that grow within the muscle tissue of the uterus. As many as 20% to 50% women between the age group of 18 to 40 suffer from the condition, but not all cases warrant treatment.
It may be as tiny as a coin or it may grow to the size of a watermelon, making people think the lady is 6/7 months pregnant! There may be one big fibroid or several small ones.
Though the exact causes are not known, family history and hormonal imbalances are said to be the main causes for the same.
Types of Uterine Fibroids
The four types are:
- Subserosal Uterine Fibroids: Develops outside the uterus and continues to grow.
- Intramural Uterine Fibroids: The most common type that lead to pregnancy like tummy. They develop within the uterus wall and continue to expand.
- Submucosal Uterine Fibroids: Because these develop within the uterus lining, they are most likely to be the cause of heavy flow during periods.
- Pedunculated Uterine Fibroids: These grow on the inner or outer side of a small stalk connecting to the uterus.
- An enlarged uterus is the most common symptom. It is often mistaken for general weight gain or pregnancy.
- Prolonged and painful menstrual cycle, that is many times irregular.
- Urinary incontinence and constant urge to urinate.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Pressure on the bowels leading to constipation.
- Pain during intercourse.
If you find out that you have fibroids during an examination or if you visit a doctor with any of these symptoms, they will most likely ask for an ultrasound or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which will confirm the type of fibroid and the extent of your problem. Treatment includes non-invasive-focused ultrasound surgery.
Treatment with Homeopathy:
One of the best advantages of choosing Homeopathy is that it works without side effects. It addresses the issue rather than the symptom. A surgical procedure mentioned in general treatment does remove the fibroids but there is no guarantee that they won't grow back as the underlying issue of hormonal imbalance remains.
During a clinical study of the effects of Homeopathy on fibroids, 85% patients showed improvement and 48% people had complete fibroid removal.
Treatment: There are medicines in Homeopathy that can treat uterine fibroids, cervical fibroids and help maintain normal hormonal balance in females.
Sir or madam my age 25 years old my wait just 41 kgs I face very problem from white discharge. Please how to solved my problem. How to increase weight growth.
Period was coming this month 14 feb but i had a intercouse on 14 feb with using condom till now period is not coming that why i am asking medicine please sir.
I am 12 week pregnant & I am suffering from cold & cough allergic problem doctor prescribed me cetrizine azithromycin 500 mg for 5 days than cefixime with potassium clavilanate 200 mg deflazacort 6 mg for 10 days what should I do should I take these medicines or not.
Am a 19 year and I want to know is the ipill is safe to be taken after evry sex? I means if we do sex in a month or in a week so after sex having ipill will it make any kind of harm to my body or any kind or problem in future for me. Is ipill safe for me after having sex with my partner?
My wife is 8 months pregnant and suffering from head pain,Cold and fever and her leg constantly pains. please help me with this.
She had unsafe sex with her husband but periods not come what can she do she does not want baby at moment.
Most of us wake up to a cup of hot coffee every morning. Coffee is like an indispensable part of most of our lives. But, there has been a lot of debate regarding the effect of coffee on human health. While some believe that coffee is a performance booster and prevents against certain diseases, others express doubt on the goodness of caffeine in coffee. Rather, the presence of caffeine keeps a lot of us worried about the adverse effects of coffee.
But, one needs to keep in mind that coffee is a complex beverage. It has both its pros and cons. One needs to know all about coffee before ordering the second cup for himself or herself. Reasons for having that second cup of coffee:
- Coffee activates your system: It contains caffeine that increases the level of adrenaline hormone in your body. This hormone is responsible for getting you ready for fighting against odds or physical tasks.
- Coffee checks your body weight: It contains minerals like magnesium and potassium. These minerals maintain the insulin level in your body. Therefore, by drinking coffee, your appetite for quick snacks gets killed. However, the sugar levels stay intact. It also burns fat.
- Protection against cancer: A recent study claimed that coffee can provide protection against cancer. It is said to have the potential to reduce the chances of having prostate cancer in men and endometrial cancer in women.
- Guard against other serious diseases: Coffee is believed to provide prevention against some serious diseases Type II diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease and stroke. It contains antioxidants that boost body’s immune system. Caffeine can lower one’s sensitivity towards insulin and provides impairment to glucose tolerance, reducing chances of developing Type II diabetes.
Reasons for not having that second cup of coffee:
- Toxic: Coffee has the possibility of being toxic. It can be adulterate with a lot of harmful impurities. The cheaper and poor quality coffee can prove to be highly toxic sometimes.
- Don’t overdrink: Coffee can prove very harmful and even lethal, if taken in larger quantities. It has the potential to kill an individual, if 80-100 cups are consumed in a shorter session.
- It gives sleeplessness: Coffee can turn you into an insomniac, if consumed in larger amounts.
Nothing is good, if overdone or overused. The same goes for coffee as well. It is good for your health if taken in small amounts at measured intervals. You can definitely order the second cup of coffee for yourself, provided you keep a check on the number of cups you have consumed in the entire day. A sensible individual will drink less, but drink regularly to get blessed with the goodness of coffee beans. An irresponsible drinker will just get addicted to see the worst in future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
She is 43 years old lady suffering from heavy menstrual bleeding with swelling around her eyes every month. please help.
I am 19 years old mam on de 1st day of my periods I suffer a lot. During periods I suffer from uncontrollable stomach ache. In de starting it is normal bt if any medicine is not taken then I have to take 2 injection and now I am taking 3 medicine in a day. I am suffering From this from Last 4 months. Earlier I used to take. combiflam medicine bt after few months it get useless. Periods continues upto 7 days. I used to take ajwine, hot water bag bt at last I not get relief without injection. Whatever de medicine I take after few months it get useless and effectiveness. please tell me something From which I get relief from ache.
Is it possible to have sex with my wife during pregnancy. If so up to which month should we do have sex. It is safe to her and health. Please tell us the precautions.
Hi doctors I'm 36+6 weeks pregnant 2 cms dilated 40%effaced from past 4 days I will be in labor please tell me as I don't want baby to born in ths week. I want baby to born on Jan is that possible.
Meri age 30 years hai mera 9 months ka baby boy hai. Delivery k 7 months k baad mere period strt hue pr regular date me nhi rhta please mai kya medicine lu jisse mere period jaldi aur regular rhe aur isse koi side effect bhi na ho.
Meri shadi ko 3 years ho gaye hai but bachcha nahi ho raha hai sub test karwa liye apne bhi or apni wife ke bhi sub normal hai kya kare please reply this message.
Becoming a smoker was a journey. The journey probably began for you many years ago when you started experimenting with those first cigarettes. They probably were not so good, but as time passed, your body became used to smoking. You probably found yourself smoking regularly and in more situations. You developed certain smoking patterns. Smoking became a part of you. Cigarettes have been a part of your identity for a long time. Becoming a nonsmoker is a journey and a learning process. Think of this as a new beginning, with change occurring over time. As time passes, you will learn more about being a nonsmoker and will develop a new identity. You will become comfortable in life’s different situations without smoking. To be successful, you must maintain your commitment to this change over time. The new tobacco-free you will discover a world of benefits as a result of your journey. There is life after smoking, and it is truly better! Doctors may help you make this important journey. Here you will find information and tips in a format that lets you actively participate in planning and arriving at your destination: a smoke-free life.