Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep FirakeYour feedback matters!
She is 34 years female and she have a baby of 2 years. She have problem of small size of right breast. Will you please suggest what should she do for this. Like therapy of surgery .or some medicine.
Dates are known to boost the immune system they are loaded with nutrients so eat them as a snack and also for instant energy.
Esophagectomy is a procedure of removing a part of the esophagus and reconstructing the same using another organ of the body. The esophagus is the tube that connects the stomach and the mouth. This procedure is often performed in an advanced stage of esophageal cancer and Barrett’s esophagus. This procedure removes the cancer cells from the esophagus and gives relief from the symptoms. The organs from where the reconstructing tissues are taken are generally large intestine and stomach.
Many esophagectomy surgeries are performed with minimally invasive techniques. The latter is commonly known as laparoscopic surgery. This is a procedure where numerous small incisions are made in order to perform the surgery. This procedure results in faster recovery and reduced pain as compared to the conventional surgery.
Newer methods such as Robotic surgery are being adopted by many doctors these days. Procedures like these can access the esophagus through places such as the throat, collarbone and abdomen. They make a minute incision to get to the exact location of the cancer and treat them with an improved precision, unlike the conventional surgical methods.
An important aspect of treating this condition is to determine the procedure that is going to be implemented. To determine this, doctors uses imaging techniques such as PET scan, CT scan and an MRI scan. A doctor might also prescribe other tests such as FNAC and endoscopic ultrasound. Heart evaluations are also conducted before the surgery to ensure that there are no complications involved while performing the surgery.
Unless the cancer is detected at a very early stage, most doctors recommend radiation or chemotherapy or both. These treatments help to shrink the size of the cancer and make for an effective esophagectomy. Both chemotherapy and radiation have their set of side effects, which include loss of appetite, fatigue, hair loss, vomiting and skin discolouration.
Post the procedure, a patient cannot directly consume food. He is required to consume food through a pipe for a duration of four-six weeks. Adequate nutrition is required during this phase to recover quickly. Once the patient is able to resume a normal diet, it should be ensured that he takes food in reduced quantities to make up for the reduced stomach size.
Almost 90% of patients who have gone through this procedure report an improved life quality. While lifestyle related adjustments have to be made, there could be regular follow-ups to ensure the below mentioned complications do not arise:
1. Breathing-related problems
2. Swallowing problem
3. Effectively managing heartburn and ensuring the pain is under control
4. A thorough review of the nutritional diet to be consumed by the patient to counter sudden weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and is often accompanied by the removal of the ovaries. In such cases, women are said to experience surgical menopause. This is because the ovaries are the main producers of estrogen. Surgical menopause is usually more severe than natural menopause as there is a sudden drop in estrogen levels. Estrogen is responsible for a number of functions that affect the brain, bones, skin, heart and blood vessels.
Hormone therapy is often advised to counteract this loss of estrogen.
There are two main types of Hormonetherapy:
- Hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin
- Hormone therapy with only estrogen
The former is advisable for women suffering from surgical menopause. Like any other form of treatment, it has its pros and cons.
- It protects young women from diseases associated with menopause: A hysterectomy is usually performed on women under the age of 50. In such cases, Hormone replacement therapy can protect the women from heart diseases. Removing ovaries before menopause can also increase the risk of Parkinson's disease and dementia.Hormone replacement therapy can help negate these risks.
- Reverse menopausal symptoms: Menopause is associated with a number of symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia. Hormone replacement therapy can help treat these symptoms and give you a better quality of life.
- Other health benefits: Hormone replacement therapy can also help fight osteoporosis and strengthen bones. It is also known to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Side effects: Hormone replacement therapy interferes with the natural Hormone production. Thus, it can cause a number of problems such as premenstrual syndrome, swollen breasts, headaches and nausea.
- Increased risk of health issues: Though the odds are low, Hormone replacement therapy can increase your risk of having a stroke or heart attack. It has also been suggestively linked to breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Thus, the choice of whether to have or not to have Hormone replacement therapy after surgical menopause is not easy to make. You must consider factors such as your age, lifestyle, family medical history and habits while making this decision. Do not rush into a decision and take your time. Talk to your doctor about the amount of medication needed and the delivery method most suited to you. Hormone replacement therapy can be taken in the form of pills, a patch, gel, vaginal cream or a slow releasing suppository. This should also be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
I am suffering from itching, irritation n heavy curdy White discharge from my vagina. I even have burning sensation sometimes. I had this problem even before and reduced after going for medication. Am I suffering from yeast infections or any other problem? Is it dangerous? How can I overcome this problem? Why am attacked with this problem repeatedly?
I want to know some important guidelines about Sex, because me & my partner we both r VIRGIN. Any common terms while having sex for first time & tell me the protection for both to avoid pregnancy.
Memory is something which runs the world. Memory boosting techniques are most common among the children. All parents would want their children to have good memory. Adults also loose the capacity of remembering things when they are under stress.
Here are some of the foods which would help boosting the memory:
1. Cabbage: Cabbage head is not the insult as you may perceive. It is a good source of folic acid which helps boost memory.
2. Eggs: Eggs are the primary source of protein and are said to increase the memory. A good omelet on any day for breakfast is a good deal to improve your memory.
3. Broccoli: A little sister of cauliflower broccoli is a good source of protein again. Broccoli can be eaten in boiled state as a side or stir fried way as salad. Add some veggies to stir fried broccoli with salad dressing, you get fantastic salad which not only boosts the taste of your palette but also boosts your memory.
4. Strawberries: The favorite most of all, eating strawberries a day would surely improve your memories. Strawberries can be eaten in any way. Shake it up with little milk and chia seeds, you get a fantastic shake which has refreshing taste and goodness of strawberry.
5. Red Wine: Many people swear by this quality of red wine which would help them boost memory. It is said that wine which is older is the better for improving memory powers. Consuming wine with food is the best way to have it.
6. Salmon: Definitely not an option for vegans and vegetarians, salmon is considered to be the best source of protein and hence boosts memory power.
7. Almonds: Indians swear by almonds for their capacity to boost memory. Soaked and eaten as first thing in the morning peeled almonds are the best source of protein too.
Good evening, I want to ask that right now i'm 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant. So kya hum sex kar sakte hai abhi ya nahi aur kitne month tak sex karna safe hoga. And sir mere pet me pure din ruk ruk kar dard hota rahta hai koi dar wali to bat nahi hai please suggest as soon as possible. Thanks.
My friend didn't had her menstrual cycle. And she is not pregnant also. She did her pregnancy test also. Her dates are to be 10th but nothing happened yet. Wat should we do?
I currently started using hooked bra. But I still don't know the proper size as I wear 32B of one brand but other 32B cups are very big. Internet has very different methods to determine the bra size. What is the proper way to determine the bra size?
Hey I had done sex on 3rd day of periods before ejaculation and after sex her period bleeding dosent took place. Is this a bad sign, is she get pregnant ? And sometimes she takes novelon TABLET , so is it good to take?
Got pregnant before 5 months doctor did dnc as there is no hear beat for baby no 5 months over in this 5 months two times I did follicular study egg ruptured but no pregnant now I am trying for baby my periods date is 20th june got ovulated on 6th july my stomach is full taking ovasheld tablet please advice.
Hi, mai married hu. Hamara ek baby bhi hai 2 saal ka. Ab humne plan kiya hai ki next baby me 5 saal ka diffrence ho kya ye ek sahi decision hai. Lekin pichle mahine meri wife ek mahine se pregent ho gyi thi or hum abhi baby nhi chahte the phir maine usse Misty-kit medicine di jis se uske ruke hue period start ho gye. Kya iska koi side effect to nhi hota. Please share your suggetion.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi Doctor, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 29th of april. Her period cycle is from 10th to 10th of every month. However she took an iPill within 8 hours. We both are afraid she might get pregnant. Can you please help us?
Here are some tips that will help you to overcome lifestyle diseases