Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
My friend is suffering from severe chest pain after holding her pee for long plus she is a bit drunk on rum.
I am 30 year old female unmarried. Now a days I am feeling too weak. Not willing to eat anything if I tried to eat I feel like vomit. Can't sleep all night. My bp became low. Please suggest me any energetic medicine. What to do?
I am 38 years old female with two kids. Just giving in to wine and smoke due to stress related issues, being a single mother. Just got my routine blood tests done. Cholesterol is borderline high. Kindly suggest a good diet to lower the cholesterol and help me lead a stress free life.
I have high blood pressure can you suggest me how to reduce it and also gained weight. How to loose weight give me the proper diet.
I am 40 years old. I am suffering from low blood pressure for 5 years. What should I do? Is there any ayurvedic medicine for it? thanks & regards
I am keeping track of my blood pressure and from last 15 days it is coming around 104-70. I am feeling lot of uneasy n dizziness.
I am 40 years old. For past 2 days I am suffering from centre pain in the chest and severe neck pain feeling hard to breathe
Hi My lipid profile report Total cholesterol 178 mg HDL 33 mg Triglycerides 80 mg LDL 142 mg Vldl 16 mg Height: 182 cm weight: 82 kgs Please suggest if I need any medications or changes in lifestyle can work. Thanks.
Dear sir, myra BP flakchuat karta hai (betaloc 5mg, synocal, khata hun) sarmy chakar atta hai, patmy gass banta h. DHANKAR ANYPAR TIK RHTA HUN, MYNE CHANCH KARWAY COLESTRAL, DAEBITEAS KUCH NHI H,(MY ROJ 180 ML WAEN wishki BHI PITA HUN, fild wark ky karan sirf ratmysopata hun (matar 5ganta) kybadh nind khlul jati h,
I am 69 years, and CAD patient with multiple blocks and under medical line of of treatment for more than 20 years. I also have CERVICAL spondylitis with mild compression. Food intake is normal, non diabetic. For last one year I am getting pain between wrist to arm joint, some times it is very severe. I have been recommended to use pain spray. It gives relief, occasionally I use SALONPAS PAIN RELIEVING PATCH which is very helpful. On many occasions the pain radiates to shoulder joint, back, neck and ears. Occasionally I take SORBITRATE 5 mg. Recommended by cardiologist. I get faster relief from this Tablet. I brought to the notice of the CARDIOLOGIST and also ORTHO SURGEON, who advised me to take the same and no harm will come even if I take more than 2 to 3 tablets. This will protect and act as pain killer and as well protect the HEART. Normally there will be no sweating, no chest pain during such occasions. Unless it is very hot and poor air circulation in the area. On such occasions if I am driving, I will stop and relax for few minutes and try to get plenty fresh air. Most of the time I get relief without grabbing SORBITRATE TAB. Other wise I will have the TAB for relief. I am not able to go for Medium or Long walking because I get NECK PAIN and rest for few minutes gives relief. Sometimes I get pain while taking food in a group. MY QUESTION is why I get such pain but get relief after brief rest with plenty of fresh air or tablet? I may also add that I avoid gulping SORBITRATE at sign of the PAIN. I shall be glad to have honest answer to my question why the pain appears while changing the gears--motor car turning steering wheel, occasionally.
My father had one major and one minor heart attack last year and it was treated successfully. How much amount of cholesterol, ghee, fat, he should take for a healthy living. What items should he prevent and what he should I take?
Sir/Ma'am, I went through X-Ray of lungs last month which came back normal except cardiac size slightly enlarged Then went through Ct-scan of chest which came full normal. 1 year back I was suffering from upper respiratory tract infection where I did an x-ray which also showed cardiac size slightly enlarged after that I want through Echocardiogram 2D Doppler which report came back fully normal. I have Anxiety related problem (Health Anxiety and fear of death) from last 3 years with Back Pain and Gastro Problems and GERD. Is this cardiac SIZE SLIGHTLY enlarged normal or its due to over tension and lack of exercise? Pls help me Sir.
Hello Doctor, My age is 32 years. I have bp problem. I have purchased a BP monitor my bp shows 117/78 and pulse rate is 114 My bp is normal but pulse rate is high Is it OK? I had fever and cold so I am taking those medicines. Does pulse rate rise because of medication. My ecg stress test all are normal How much should be pulse rate and bp. Please reply.
I am 31 year old and suffering from chest pain since last 6 months. Even Wakeup in morning feel more pain and while carrying weight chest pain also occur. I did get my chest x ray but there was nothing diagnose in that. Now still I am facing this chest pain problem in daily life.
As per blood test report on 04/04/2015, sgot- 21, sgpt -18, total cholestrol 234, hdl 60, ldl 152, triglycerides 119. Please suggest.
Hello sir good afternoon I wanna know about Dyspnea disease what is it? And is there any treatment of it? My friend is suffering from this problem. She is Gasping from doing a little thing .so please tell me sir this is serious problem or it may be solve from some treatment. Please suggest me sir. And also tell which type of diet we should follow for her. Thanks.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when there is a vascular event in the brain causing a blockage of blood vessels or a rupture of vessels causing hemorrhage. The brain cells are starved of food and oxygen or are assaulted by a barrage of harmful agents released as a result of hemorrhage, suffering reversible or irreversible damage. Dead or disabled brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients may lose control over parts of the body or lose the capacity to speak, think or remember.
Strokes can be mild to severe and require immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and a stroke patient is ideally treated by a multidisciplinary team of experts. At various stages of treatment, the attention of doctors specializing in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Critical Care, Medicine, Radiology and Physical Medicine may be required. Besides, good nursing care and physiotherapy are essential for better recovery from stroke.
Types of Stroke-
- Ischemic Stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. The commonly seen underlying causes are atherosclerosis (which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels) or embolism (blood clot formed elsewhere reaches the brain circulation and blocks a smaller blood vessel). Other rarer causes of ischemic stroke are trauma, hypotension, vasospasm, etc..
- Hemorrhagic Stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel ruptures into the brain. This can be caused by high blood pressure, weakened vessel wall due to atherosclerosis, or vascular malformations like aneurysms, AVM, or cavernomas.
- Transient Ischemic Attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini-stroke. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature, and may happen repeatedly.
Treatment of Stroke:
A. General Treatment: Most cases require supportive management to prevent the secondary complications of stroke, so that the patient gets adequate time for the brain tissue to recover functions. Medicines are administered to control brain pressure, prevent convulsions and aid brain tissue recovery. Paralysis of muscles, difficulty in eating, drinking, breathing, controlling urine etc. make the patient highly dependent. Physiotherapy is essential for good recovery of impaired functions. It is essential for family and friends to encourage the patient and involve themselves in supportive care to prevent depression from setting in and for robust rehabilitation.
B. Specific Treatment of Ischemic Stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes presenting early. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is again useful only if the patient reaches early. This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
- Decompressive craniectomy: Large ischemic strokes cause a rise of brain pressure which may cause death. To reduce brain pressure, decompressive craniectomy surgery may be required if medicines alone are not effective.
In this, a large part of the skull on one side or in the front may be removed to allow space for a swelling brain and relieve intracranial pressure.
C. Specific Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to remove blood clots, repair vascular malformations and for relieving pressure within the skull. The need for surgery depends on the cause, location and volume of hemorrhage besides other factors. It is an important decision, and the family needs to consult with the neurosurgeon and understand the implications thoroughly before agreeing or disagreeing for treatment.
- Endovascular coiling or embolisation: Act as standalone treatment or as an additional aid to surgery especially in vascular malformations like aneurysms or AVMs.