Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep AmbekarYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year female and I have hypertension problem sometimes I suffered from severe headache and including that my eyes are also pain.
Having a heart of gold is a metaphor but at the same time is something which is quite achievable, as long as a person looks out for oneself and makes an effort to eat the right foods!
If a person who wishes to maintain good heart health is willing to search out the right foods to eat, there is a surfeit of benefits. Just some of these benefits are a lower level of the bad sort of cholesterol, as well as a slower rate of plaque growth.
Foods for a Healthy Heart
- Fish is something which is known to have great benefits for the mind and now, the heart, too. This is especially true, if the fish which is being eaten happens to be salmon. Fish in general, and Salmon in particular, has omega-3 fatty acids, which are the best sort which can be consumed bar none. As a matter of fact, the medical evidence of this is so much that the American Health Association has made it a point to recommend that each person eats fish at least twice a week.
- If eating fish and preparing it seems to be too much of a hassle, what can be done is to make sure that supplements which have these properties are consumed on a regular basis. Talking about Omega-3 fatty acids, adding a small amount of chia seeds to whatever a person is having has a lot of health benefits. However, as should normally be the case, the person has to make sure that his or her hydration is more or less adequate as the side effect of this not being the case can have a greater impact than the benefits as it can result in constipation!
- Oatmeal is something which somehow finds its way to the breakfast table of a lot of health conscious families and it can be said that this is with good reason. This is because oatmeal has the great property of imbibing the cholesterol which is present in a person’s digestive tract and to a great extent, making sure that this cholesterol does not find its way to the bloodstream where it can cause significant damage to the heart and body in general.
However, instead of eating the instant oatmeal variety, having the comprehensive sort is good as it is likely to be sans sugar, which is something which may not be the case with instant oatmeal. All these health benefits add up and can be mulled over a glass of green tea, which is also amazing for the heart! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Breathing is life, without breathig, there is no life. Who knows this better than an asthmatic or someone with breathing problems like wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath 24/7? If you have breathing problems, read on about possible causes and treatments for them
- There can be a number of causes of breathing problems. They can happen due to colds, acute sinusitis or inflammation of sinuses. This usually subsides in a week or two with the inflammation going down and the sinuses draining out.
- But if you are still experiencing breathing problems, you could be in more dangerous territory.
- Breathing difficulties can happen in a case of asthma, allergies, and infections of the lungs, bronchitis and even heart problems especially if you feel a shortness of breath during exertion. These can all be long-term problems that need proper management.
Chronic issues that cause breathing problems, especially asthma and allergies have a number of symptoms like
- Nasal and chest congestion
- Runny nose
- Itchy or watery eyes
- Laboured and/or shallow breathing.
A number of virus and allergens like pollen reach the lungs via the nasal passage. Any inflammation in the nasal passage due to an allergy is a major cause for concern because the number one trigger for asthma is allergies. If left undiagnosed and untreated, these can make life hell for you.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD, which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis, also causes breathing problems. Breathing issues can also stem from other serious diseases like lung cancer, tuberculosis, and pneumonia. Most of these can be diagnosed by a specialist.
How are breathing problems treated?
- Breathing problems caused due to asthma and allergies are usually treated by avoiding allergy triggers like air pollutants, pollen, dog hair, dust, mites or dander.
- Wearing masks, avoiding peak traffic, staying indoors during low air quality days, all make a significant difference to allergy and asthma sufferers.
- Medications are another way to treat breathing problems due to asthma and allergies. Allergy drugs such as antihistamines and decongestants can make it easy to breathe for some.
- Inhaled steroids are also given to people with chronic allergies and sinusitis for reducing inflammation in the airways. Allergy shots to reduce sensitivity to allergens are another option.
- Asthma is treated with inhaled or oral drugs that help open nasal airways and reduce inflammation. These cut down on breathing difficulties because the airways are cleared of excess mucus and inflammation.
- If you have more serious issues like cancers, heart disease and lung diseases, the medication will vary according to your diagnosis. Your specialist will diagnose the problem first and set you on a proper course of medication.
The last piece of advice before we go, don’t ignore breathing difficulties especially if they persist beyond 2-3 weeks, get yourself a doctor’s appointment.
I have chest pain from last 2 week. Frequently occurring head ache. Vomited and stomach ache 5 days back and had an IV. Is it due to gastric problem?
Dear sir, I am blood pressure patient from 18.07.2016. Bp level 150 / 110. I do not take english medicine. Please help me my bp level come normal 120/85.
Am aged 54 diabetic patient. Glucose (F)- 133 mg/dl: serum cholestrol(Total)- 254 mg/dl : serum TGL - 279 mg/dl : HDL - 51 : LDL: 147 : VLDL - 56 mg/dl: HBA1C = 8.4 % : Hemoclobin = 14.1.% Liver function test SGPT = 26 LU/LI : Wartenberg pinwheel test =normal : Foot sensation: RIGHT/LEFT = 10 on 6 sites. Often affected by Urinal infection on that time pain at back and front left side down belly. Also Gastic trouble is there. Above tests taken 8 months back including thyroid. Now medicines taken are: CETAPHIN 500 Mg; ON-OFF 200mg :NEU MIN PLUS :OPTILIP 10mg and TETAN-CT 6.25 mg. Is this okay? After taking meals i coudn't able to walk if do breathing hard.If take meal over than the limit then had headache and feel breathe hard . Can you tell me any problem in my heart or excess deposit of bad FAT. Give your opinion sir. If possible suggest any medicine for reduce the FAT.
Hi Some time I feel bit pain on left side of my chest, I did consult with the doctor, even did ECG for the same as I was worried if it could be any heart related problems, but my ECG report was normal even sonography and x Ray was normal, So I am still worried I s it because of heart problem or Gas problem.
I am 42 years my ldl level (lipid test) is higher than Normal level, what type of food I intake, what precautions to maintain it safer level?
I am 24 year old male. Out of excitement I tried a small (very small) edible portion of cannabis for the first time. I felt weird after few hours. My heart raced and I got scared and approached a physician. He said it is ok and gave tablet for headache. I couldn't able to sleep well at that night. I felt like my heart is going to explode and woke up multiple time to urinate just to flush it out of my body. The effects of cannabis is gone, but the pounding heart persisted for a week and I couldn't able to sleep well. Over the week the pounding heart got normal during day, but back when I lie down. I consulted a psychiatrist, he prescribed agomelatine. Now pounding heart problem got controlled even when I lie down. But I couldn't able to sleep well. I woke up 2-4 times almost everyday. I also developed anxiety because of this. I got racing thoughts in my mind, mostly negative. I feel scared of almost everything. I feel so scared at dorm. So, I came back to my home where I feel somehow safe. I took a leave of absence from my university for few weeks. Sometimes I am even scared of whether I could get good sleep or not. I am so obsessed with it right now. Sometimes I sleep for like 5-6 hrs. Yet I feel sleepless. I can't able to concentrate on anything because of this and I feel like a different person. In an article, I found that some compounds in cannabis can trigger preexisting mental conditions like anxiety disorder. I had anxiety disorder like condition before for which I took some treatment and got cured. I have not felt this anxious before. I am scared whether I am loosing control etc. What can I do further to get myself back. I need to stop racing thoughts and worries. I also want to get my sleep back before it affects my studies. Anyone who have experience in such cases please help me.
I am using digital bp monitor it shows 140/70 after 30 seconds the second reading 20 points lower than first, like 120/70 and third shows 115/68 what is correct reading plss giv suggestion.
I am 75 yrs with bypass surgery more than 6 yrs back. No bp, no sugar with good general health. Last one year I feel that foot skin is becoming hard with some numb spots. Toes also get numb and sometimes burning. Which doctor should I consult?
My friend is suffering from cancer, Recently diagnosis heart problem i.e irregular heart beet & High Triglyceride. Have any suggestion? If any relation between cancer treatment & heart attack.
कोलेस्ट्रोल, एक ऐसी समस्या है जो अब आम बनती जा रही है। कोलेस्ट्रोल कम करने का अर्थ है हृदय रोग का सही उपचार।, कोलेस्ट्रोल को कम करने के कुछ घरेलू उपचार यहाँ दिए जा रहे हैं-
- कच्ची लहसुन रोज सुबह खाली पेट खाने से कोलेस्ट्रोल कम होता है।
- रोज 50 ग्राम कच्चा ग्वारपाठा खाली पेट खाने से खून में कोलेस्ट्रोल कम हो जाता है।
- अंकुरित दालें भी खानी आरंभ करें।
- सोयाबीन का तेल अवश्य प्रयोग करें यह भी उपचार है।
- लहसुन, प्याज, इसके रस उपयोगी हैं।
- नींबू, आंवला जैसे भी ठीक लगे, प्रतिदिन लें।
- शराब या कोई नशा मत करें, बचें।
- इसबगोल के बीजों का तेल आधा चम्मच दिन में दो बार।
- दूध पीते हैं तो उसमे जरा सी दालचीनी) डाल दो, कोलेस्ट्रोल कण्ट्रोल होगा।
- रात के समय धनिया के दो चम्मच एक गिलास पानी में भिगो दें। प्रात: हिलाकर पानी पी लें। धनिया भी चबाकर निगल जाएं