Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samrat Shah
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samrat ShahYour feedback matters!
Thyroid is one of an essential endocrine gland which secretes hormones, which are essential for regulating various body functions. A change in the level of thyroid hormones can affect body metabolism and cause many changes including weight, mood, temperature regulation, etc.
Features of Hypothyroidism:
• Caused by reduced amounts of thyroid hormone in circulation.
• Iodine deficiency and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (an autoimmune disorder) are the main causes of hypothyroidism.
• Symptoms include extreme fatigue, constipation, depression, intolerance to cold, puffiness of the face, weight gain, hoarseness of voice, increased cholesterol level, muscle aches, joint pains, and menstrual issues, are some of the common symptoms.
Homeopathy provides remedies which treat not just the above symptoms but the person as a whole.
Sepia Officinalis: Used when the patient presents with the following symptoms.
- Weak, slightly yellow appearance
- Tendency to faint, especially when in cold temperatures
- Extreme intolerance to cold, even in warm surroundings
- Increased irritability
- Hair loss
- Increased menstrual flow that occurs ahead of schedule
- Increased desire for pickles and acidic foodstuff
Calcarea Carbonica: This popular medicine is useful when patients present with the following symptoms.
- Fat, flabby, fair person
- Increased intolerance to cold
- Excessive sweating, especially in the head
- Aversion to fatty foods
- Peculiar food habits including craving for eggs, chalk, pencils, lime,
- Increased menstruation that is also prolonged and is associated with feet turning cold
Lycopodium Clavatum: Useful in patients who present with these symptoms:
- Physically weakened
- Increased irritability
- Excessive hair fall
- Face is pale yellow with blue circles around the eyes
- Craving for foods that are hot and sweet
- Acidity that is worse in the evenings
- Gastric issues including excessive flatulence
- Constipation with painful, hard, incomplete stooling
Graphites: Presenting symptoms where Graphites are mainly used include:
- Intolerance to cold
- Depressed emotionally, timid, indecisive, weeping, listening to music
- Bloated, gassy abdomen
- Chronic constipation with hard, painful stooling process
- Good appetite but lose weight quickly
- Tendency to eat at regular intervals
- Excessive warmth and need to stay in a cool environment
- Anxiety about present
- Excessive palpitations
Lachesis Mutus: These patient present with the following symptoms:
- Feeling extremely hot, so inability to wear tight clothes
- Generally sad with no inclination to do any work
- Tendency to stay aloof and alone
- Excessive talkativeness
- Women around menopausal age
These are commonly used remedies; however, a detailed discussion with your homoeopath is essential to zero in on the remedy that will work best for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother is a diabetic from past few years, I just want to know that can she drink milk and curd daily or not?
Hi, My mother is having has high thyroid problem. Test results shows 1. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH): Value (56.21), Units (micro IU/ml), Technology (C. I. I. A) Can you please suggest some medical way to get the problem under control. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance!
On random pathological check my fasting and PP blood sugar are on an average 130/145, please advise.
During the winter season, cold is very easy to catch. However, here are some effective ways with which, you can beat the winter cold:
- Dress in layers. Clothing needs to be of common materials that can keep you warm and channel sweat. Silk and cotton are great decisions.
- Pick your game and fitness clothing carefully so that you do not risk hypothermia – i.e. a body temperature that sinks a lot outside – nor should it be too warm.
- Ensure you have your gloves, cap, and good quality shoes on in chilly climate, as warmth escapes through the body's furthest points.
- Cold weather food
- Icy immunity boosters are great to battle colds and flus. These build up resistance by giving more access to vegetables and organic product in this season.
- Vitamins and minerals are natures' own immunity boosters and help avoid illness.
- Ginger, chili, garlic and turmeric have characteristics that are hostile to disease-containing bacteria. Zinc and Vitamin C are great icy preventers as well.
- Get into juicing and blend organic products, vegetables and fruits.
- Moderate cooking is another incredible approach to intake the healthy properties of vegetables in this season.
- Begin your day by changing your breakfast to a hot porridge sprinkled with cinnamon, granola and berries. Hot breakfast keeps you warm from within, discharges the bad bacteria and gives you energy. If in a rush, try oats. This formula is easy and healthy.
- Cold germs can hit you in case you do not wash your hands, or clean out your nose.
- Always carry hankies and clean your nose when you sneeze to ensure your nose remains dry.
- Make a point to discard the utilised cloth filled with bacteria as quickly as time allows. The key here is to not touch your eyes or nose, and to quickly use a hand sanitiser so that you keep away from germs.
- Wash your hands regularly. Get a hand sanitiser additionally and utilise it whenever you sneeze or touch something you have sneezed on.
- Beyond any doubt, you need to avoid germs by rinsing with Listerine or any other similar mouthwash.
- Watch your drink
- Begin your day with a glass of water with lemon. Carry a water bottle with yourself throughout the day and keep yourself hydrated. Winters can make you feel like you are not thirsty, so make sure you drink at least six glasses of water each day.
- Dry air, dried out bodies and frosty germs do not blend well and you will probably get a bug by not drinking enough. Hot dairy beverages are enticing; however, not as good as plain water.
- Avoid liquor as it does not blend with cool climate and your veins become larger. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!