Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sampat JainYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I just want to she has bicornute sub septed uterus. Can she pregnant normally? There was 3 miscarriage with 3 pregnancy. Please tell me.
I am 21 years old. I took contraceptive pill and after a week I bleed for 2 days (not a normal period. So when will my period start? if I miss it does it mean I'm pregnant? I have no symptoms like cramps nausea or vomiting.
My wife is not getting her regular period the amount of bleeding is very low her last month period starting day was on March 24. She is having regular 30 days period every month but till now this month not so much bleeding happened from past 3 days very low amount is bleeding she got worried please tell me what is happening.
I am married female. 21 years old. My query is that if I and my husband do sex in a regular manner using condoms will it do any kind of harm or any problem during the conceiving of a baby. Please help me out.
I have thyroid problem past 1year and i am using the tablets, now I want to conceive but all the time i am disappointed. Kindly suggest me.
Hi I am pranali my problem is irregular period cycle 31 day gap between first period to next month period what can I do.
Hi, I am 25 years old and have a kid of 3 yrs. I am taking medication for thyroid since my pregnancy. At present, I weigh 80 kg and diagnosed to have PCOs. I am reported to have deficient of vitamin d and low calcium levels. Suggest me some ways to raise my calcium levels and to reduce my weight. Thanks in advance.
When I get pregnant after my miscarriage? I was miscarriage one week! I want to get pregnant fast. please tell me when I get pregnant.
I have pregnancy test it was negative my last period 25th May till now I didn't get period I have no health issues no sign of pregnancy symptoms.
Here are some causes and symptoms of polycystic ovarian disease
Hi I’m Dr. Rohini Dhillion working as a family physician and gynecologist and Family Medicare. These days the Polycystic Ovarian Disease has become very common that what it was a generation ago. It usually takes place due to a hormonal misbalance which has also become common due to lifestyle modifications, tension, hard work and improper diet. You see, the normal function of the ovaries is to produce ‘ovulation’ i.e. Eggs. But in this disease the ovulation does not take place and the common symptoms of this disease are: weight gain, acne esp. on face and there might be Hirsutism, unwanted hair, hair fall, depression, infertility and menstrual irregularity and also the tendency of binge eating.
If this hormonal imbalance is not corrected it may lead to diabetes or sleep apnea or hepatic sleep disturbances or cardio vascular diseases in the later stage of life.
To improve the situation we need to change the lifestyle as a whole and of course the much earlier it can be detected, the better it is because we give hormones to correct the hormonal imbalance along with that we also advice our patients to do regular exercise and follow a regular dietary pattern; avoid junk food and intake nutritious food, include yoga and exercise in your daily routine along with certain medicines which have to be taken and be careful about the diet.
You people can contact me through Lybrate.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Pregnancy is a time when you have to be at your vigilant best even as you go about your normal life. If you happen to be a smoker and enjoy a drink once in a while, then it may be time to change these habits. Ideally, one should let go of these habits as soon as the couple starts trying for a baby, as how you treat your body in the preconception stage will have a great bearing on how your body adjusts to pregnancy and the aftermath of childbirth. Let us find out the dangers of smoking and drinking during pregnancy. (Learn more about healthy pregnancy)
- Alcohol and Your Baby: While you may be thinking that a drink or two of wine in a week may not do any harm to your foetus, this is actually a misnomer. One should steer clear of even a sip as the alcohol usually ends up passing through you placenta and right into your growing foetus.
- Alcohol Break Down: When the alcohol gets passed through your system and into the baby, there is a definite health hazard to the foetus. This is due to the fact that the body tends to break down alcohol in a much slower manner, than it would break down any other food or beverage. And the risk is that much more heightened in case of the growing foetus, because the tiny bodies are not equipped to handle the breaking down process properly. This may lead to a rise of the blood alcohol level of the foetus, keeping it at that level even after the mother's blood alcohol level has been restored to normal.
- Retardation and Other Related Ailments: When the blood alcohol level of the baby remains high, it can lead to a variety of problems that can go from mild to severe. Retardation, heart ailments and more can be born from this issue. Also, this can lead to deformed facial features as well as behavioural problems like aggression.
- Smoking and Low Birth Weight: When you smoke during your pregnancy, it doubles your risk of birthing a baby whose weight is significantly lower than the acceptable standard and what is considered normal (learn more about the affect of smoking on your and your baby's health)
- Smoking and Other Complications: Also, smoking during pregnancy increases the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy, which can lead to the loss of the foetus. Further, you can also end up having a premature baby, if you smoke during pregnancy, as this will lead to the burst of your water before the actual labour begins. Finally, smoking during pregnancy can give rise to complications in the placenta, which will result in a separation of the placenta from the uterine wall, much before the delivery actually happens.