Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samita Sikh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Samita SikhYour feedback matters!
I have some vaginal discharge, its look like white and bad smell very much. This is happen after my icsi treatment. This discharge some times have full month, so I am very worried, is this for my late period or not pregnancy.?
Hi doctor my age is 23 I have 1 girl baby she is 2years 2months. My height is 5.1 weight is 65kg. I have suddenly knee pain most of the time evening and night half day is there I can't sleep I can't sit that time doctor suggested do blood test uric acid today result also came 7.4 is there uric acid any problem for future pregnancy please tell me I'm taking weight loss capsule fatnile and nutrislim+ powder and capsule so please tell me.
Hello doctors, please my sister is facing a serious unpleasant condition every month during her mensuration, it happens that whenever the time comes for to mensuration as a woman but I won't be so she experience frequent vomiting and ache on the abdomen all that first day till second day before sighting any relief and she doesn't take any medication for for now to avoid side effect or complications during marriage, last time she tried taking paracetamol it caused the to run up to seven days mensuration since then stop using medication during pains and vomiting. 1. Please could it be because she still keeps her virginity at 22? 2. What home remedy or solution to this problem because she suffers a lot on that first day? 3. Can this problem cause or hinder her from conceiving (pregnancy) when she gets married? Thanks in advance doctors, God bless you all for this selfless service for humanity.
I get my periods in 2-3 months it's never regular and when I get my periods it's only for 1-2 days and that too very light and I have thyroid also.
I am married from last 4 months. My wife has taken 6 month anti pregnency pill in starting now her dates are delayed and I checked with kit it was positive and I go. For an abdomanal ultra sound but there was nothing. And she feels very less pain and bleeding in date. Is this because of that anti pregnency tablet?
Sir pregnency ke liye vergina ke ander upper ki taraf dischrge hona chahiye ya seedha deeply discharge hona chahiye so that pregnency ruk jaye.
Hii, I got 1 year married. But not baby yet come. No any good news from my wife what problem is there?
My wife is pregnant of 8 weeks according to sonography report doctor says that crl is 4. Is it good? Tell me in detail. Please.
The pressure of blood vessels in the body is referred to as blood pressure. It is essentially the measure of the force of the blood while it travels through the vessels. Doctors measure it with a blood pressure device and a stethoscope. A reading higher than the normal reading is termed as which blood pressure.
Blood pressure during pregnancy is of 3 types:
- Chronic hypertension: This is the kind of hypertension that could be pre-existent before the pregnancy or has developed after 5th month of pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: This is the type of hypertension, which stays till late pregnancy and disappears suddenly. There are no particular symptoms about it.
- Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH): This condition is also known as preeclampsia or toxemia. It can cause serious potential harm if medical care is not taken on time. Both the mother and the baby gets affected if not treatment is not started on time. It typically affects a woman during the 20th week of pregnancy. Some other symptoms include excess protein in the blood and the urine.
The risk of pregnancy induced hypertension:
PIH can have serious consequences on the baby and the mother at large. The placenta fails to carry an adequate amount of protein in urine. This can result in several complications ranging from a low body weight of the fetus to other birth related complications. Once common complications where a baby suffers is known as eclampsia. This is a condition where both the baby and the mother suffer from seizures.
Symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertension:
There are various symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertensions. Some of the visible signs of this condition are vomiting blood, faster heartbeat, acute headaches, swelling of the hands and feet, less than normal urine, nausea, persistent fever, pain in the tummy, dizziness, frequent vomiting, drowsiness and blurred vision. Other symptoms are headache, excess weight gain , edema over feet, abdominal wall and other parts of body. If a woman is facing any one or more of the above symptoms, she should make it a point to visit a doctor at the earliest.
Risk factors of pregnancy induced hypertension:
PIH is frequently observed in those women whose sisters or mothers have faced the same during their pregnancies. The risk factors increase in those women who are carrying more than one baby. A woman who have not attended adulthood or who are above the age of 40 also runs the risk of suffering from pregnancy induced hypertension.
Diagnosis and treatment:
There is no single test that could identify PIH. Along with the usual symptoms, a doctor looks for persistent high blood pressure for any indication. A doctor might prescribe few blood tests to confirm the diagnosis. The treatment that works for this condition is to ensure that the baby is delivered at the earliest. If it’s the condition is detected few weeks before the delivery, a doctor let the condition be as it is, if however, the condition is diagnosed several months before the pregnancy, a doctor can have the baby delivered early in order to ensure the sound health of the baby and the mother.
Infertility is a condition which is characterized by the inability to have a baby for over a year in spite of having planned and unprotected sex. It is a pretty common phenomenon for both men and women. However, there are several treatments available for both the sexes to help them recover from this problem. Here are some of the most common treatments available for infertility:
1. Changing your lifestyle: Certain factors in your lifestyle, which may cause you to be infertile include the medications you take, lack of exercise or not having intercourse frequently enough or not at the right times. The solution for these problems is simply incorporating certain changes in your daily life such as exercising more, sticking to a healthy diet or having intercourse more often at the right times.
2. Sperm retrieval: Sperm retrieval is the technique used when you cannot ejaculate or when there is hardly any sperm present in your semen. It is also used in case of a low sperm count.
1. Intrauterine insemination: Intrauterine insemination is a process in which healthy sperm cells are put into the uterus so that the egg gets fertilized when it is released. The sperm cells have to be inserted at the time when your ovaries release eggs; therefore it is crucial to know your menstrual cycle as well as how fertility drugs are affecting it.
2. Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are used to stimulate ovulation. This is done by administering medications which either regulate or cause ovulation to occur. There are several types of fertility drugs, so you should talk to your doctor about which should be the best for you.
3. Hysteroscopic surgery: This is a last resort, which is taken only when there are significant problems such as intrauterine scar tissue, uterine septum or endometrial polyps.
4. IVF: IVF is an assisted reproductive technology. During IVF, the sperm is at first retrieved, after which fertility medications are given to the woman so that the egg can be retrieved. Finally, the egg is fertilized on a laboratory dish and injected back into the mother or a surrogate mother.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!