Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samita Sikh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Samita SikhYour feedback matters!
I am not having my periods regularly. What are the reasons for it. Please suggest me to make it normal what should I do?
Hi I m a guy(age 21) i mansturbate 2-3 times a day is it dangerous for me. IF yes then in what way is it harmful? mansturbating how many times in a day is fine? how to control myself
Hello Doctor.. I'm 27 year female. I'm 6 weeks pregnant now. I had a baby with hereditary sensory neuropathy.. He was died at his 4th month of age. I had karotyping, exome sequencing. Before pregnancy. Now wat should I do. Shall I do cvs. please sujjest me. I'm in full stress.. Does any other tests shall I do.
Hi doctor, I am tharani got married since 3 years. No baby yet. Taking treatment from past 1 yr. Irregular periods. Started taking ovacare tablet from last cycle. This month I didn't get my periods still, it's 40 days. Will ovacare tablet helps me to get pregnant or it delays the period. Pls help me.
Putting weight very fast suddenly. Miscarriage before 2 months. Feeling tired very soon. What is the cure and precautions?
I'm 29 years old. I used my ovulation test through an ovulation kit on the 10 day of my period and it was positive, but on the next day when I have done the same test it was negative. So how could I know that my ovulation starts or not? Is it possible that due to my ovulation starts so that the predictor doesn't show on the two lines? Please help me?
I am 18 years old and i am not getting periods for 2 month and i am not pregnant also so please tell me something.
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin. This release is determined by the body's circadian rhythm which is controlled by light exposure. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and tells the brain not to secrete melatonin. This makes it harder to fall asleep even after you have switched off your phone.
- It hampers the quality of your sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is a reduced amount of sleep. On top, that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, your brain cannot completely shut off. This makes you tense even in your sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When you wake up from a restless night's sleep, your productivity suffers. Not getting enough sleep is known to hamper your decision-making skills, impairs both long term and short term memory and make you distracted. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when you don't have enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases your chances of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn you put on weight.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it needs weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if you look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect your mental and physical health as well as your looks.