Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samir VermaYour feedback matters!
I have scar on left chin (face) happened due to small accident. What cream or which treatment should I undergo. To get rid of it. Or lighten to my skin tone I am fair. Please suggest.
Ma skin is dry n if I use sunscreen den ma face becomes full dark n always sweats too. Wat should be done for dis.
Doctor, I need advice from you regarding the skin problem, during summer due to the sensitive to the sunlight my skin is more blackish, please suggest the best sunscreen + fairness cream.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
I am 36 years old man having black marks on my both face cheecks since two years, I have used elcon cream for whitening the spots, its controled but again coming black pigmentation. Kindly sugget right medician to wipe of black spots please.
I am 42 year old lady. I burnt my skin 1 year ago by using excess portion of bleech so now around the nose towards my cheeks looks like a dark black patchy skin. What shall I apply to get rid off that patchy marks. Pls also tell me how can I reduce dark circles
Actually my face was white but now it became black can you help me to improve my skin tone into white.
Hai. I had black head on my fore head tan at ryt n left of my forehead can you give me solution n my age is 22. When I was at 18, I use to have full of pimples now its not issue But its look rough. please suggest me best medicine for it in budget.
I have a black spots and pimples and I have tried every cream but it's not working. But now I m trying niva mens face wash for dark spots. Even though it's not working what is a next step for it.. Please let me know.
I am 26 year old female have black spot on my cheek. I am using home tip like - Tomato juice, rub potato, curd and alum. My marriage is four months. What should I do. Please suggest me some short and good measure.
Do indulging in sex activities or doing sex 3 to 4 times in a day leads to down in colour of the skin.Please tell.
Hello. Dr. I want to a fair complexion skin. My complexion is normal. Plzzz suggest me what should I do.
Loaded with antioxidants. Grapes are a powerhouse of antioxidants – they contain a wide range of phytonutrients right from carotenoids to polyphenols.
- Prevents skin problems.
- High source of potassium.
- Good for the eyes.
- Boost brain power.
- Good for the knees.
- Anti-inflammatory properties.
- Grape chicken.