Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samir VermaYour feedback matters!
I am 44 years old female. My face and neck skin is sagging. Is it normal or early. Whom should I consult and what treatment should I take?
I am 17 years I was fair in colour but now I have lost my old face colour please help me to regain my lost fairness I have intense tanning in face hands and legs.
How to get matter skin without using tablets kindly do the needful and wanna remove dark spots and marks.
I have a lump between my vulva and anus. It enlarges during the day n is painful. While at night it reduces in size and doesn't pain.
I have mixed skin. Having some darkspots. Please advice me how could I get fair and glow please advice me (no side effect)
Hello, My baby had loose motions last week and also cough. But now he is OK. But he his passing his poop with mucus and some traces of blood in it. Please suggest me what should I do.
My face having White spot. Nd and other wrinkles typa spot on cheeks. I has been used medicals .aftr suggest by doctor bt no positive rest is seen.
I have black spots as well as pimples on by back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I am 20 years old. My question is firstly my lips were pink in colours but now their colour becomes dark. Please suggest me what I have to do. Is their any natural way to cure the colour.
5 Ways to prevent skin conditions in athletes
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up.
Related Tip: Quickie Home Remedies for Skin Allergies
I am feeling tired and lazy now a days. N lots of pimples n dark circles on my face. Althoughmy face is glowing. what do?
My mother has Black patches on Face. Nothing is working for recovering, What should we do? Pls help.
I am 23 year old female. I often get heat boils, sty. I am allergic to metals other than gold, dust. My body is over reactive to insect bites and itches. I have itching between my legs and often a small boil with puss comes out. My doctor said I have eczema and it will prevail anyway until my immunity. But it is creating scar marks. I need a complete remedy for it.
I have severe cracks on my feet .It looks v dirty n a lot of pain due to cracks. My hands too r v rough. Suggest some home remedies for cracks .Wat diet is needed.
Sir, I am suffering from rectum pain. I have consulted doctor before 2-3 months; that time they said that It was not piles, only there is uneven surfaces on my rectum wall was noticed. They gave me some capsule like medicine to insert in rectum. But it didn't get cured. And I am still feeling pain in my rectum/ anus in all day; sometimes severe; I need your kind help and suggestion about which ointment to use and which medicine to take. Thanks a lot Sir!
Hi doctors my skin is getting dark. I'm using himalaya face wash. Also going for swimming. Help me how can I get rid of pimples, oily skin and also how can I get back my white skin.
There are many cosmetic ingredients that can actually have a negative effect on your skin in the long run. The skin is a layer that must be taken care of. This does not merely include staying away from pollutants and dirt and cleaning your skin with the best products. It also means staying away from the wrong cosmetics and ingredients which can harm your skin. So let us look at the ten elements from the world of cosmetics that can do more harm than good for the skin.
1. Carcinogens in Lipsticks: This cosmetic ingredient can suck the moisture out of your lips and leave it looking discoloured in the long run. The carcinogenic oils and chemicals that are contained in many long wear lipsticks can damage the delicate skin leaving it exposed to the risk of cancer as well.
2. Benzoyl Peroxide: This is a toxic element that can be found in a number of cosmetics and must be avoided at all costs as it may also expose you to the risk of cancer.
3. Synthetic Colors: The use of synthetic colours in many cosmetics helps you in getting that unique colour of your eyes, cheeks and even lips. But did you know that too much use of this product can actually harm your skin? This is due to the coal tar source of the ingredient which is a skin irritant.
4. Parabens: These widely used preservatives can be found in a number of cosmetics like body washes, shampoos, facial cleansers and even deodorants. This has elements that can cause breast cancer with its estrogen mimicking effects.
5. Triclosan: This antimicrobial chemical also acts as an endocrine disruptor, which can have an adverse effect on the thyroid glands as well as the production of the reproductive hormones. It can be found in soaps and toothpaste.
6. Bleach Cream: Hydroquinone cream is one of the most commonly used ingredients in bleach creams, which causes significant damage to the skin. This also breaks down the essential natural oils of the skin to cause redness and rashes.
7. Acrylates in Nail Paint: These chemicals are usually found in acrylic nail paint and can cause cellular damage on the skin and can cause neurological problems and organ toxicity.
8. Fragrance: The chemical and synthetic fragrances used in many perfumes can be found in detergents and fabric softeners as well, which can have a harsh effect on one’s skin.
9. Dioxin: This is an ingredient used in many cosmetics and it may cause malfunctioning of the nervous system as well as rashes on the skin.
10. Wax: Wax is an ingredient can cause bleeding and lead to changes in the direction of the growth of hair from hair follicles. It can also make the skin rough in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.