Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Samir V JoshiYour feedback matters!
In November 1st weak I had sex. After that upto february I have periods. But in march month I do not have periods. I take precautions. Is it chance of pregnancy?
I am 19 years old. Am too hormonal if I thought about sex I will get wet I will thought about sex 2 to 3 times a day mostly everyday and the fluid will be in my underwear all the day will it cause any harm to stomach r health.
I am 29 year old female and getting an in vitro fertilization done. Wat precautions should I be following after embryo transfer?
My daughter - 17 year old has been diagnosed to suffer from PCOS. Her menstrual cycles are very irregular (once in 4 / 5 months) and she is slightly overweight as well. Please suggest lifestyle changes / diet to improve the condition.
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 10th day after my periods and took unwanted 72 is there any chance of getting pregnant.
For any advocate of a healthy diet plan, fruits shall always feature as the protagonist. Replete with essential body nutrients, fruits are indeed an important source of body fibers, essential salts and minerals. While the general assumption bids fresh fruits as the healthier alternative, dried fruits too have their fair share of health boosting properties.
However, before you can settle for one over the other, there are certain parameters that need to be inferred closely. It is only by comparing and contrasting the benefits derived from both fresh as well as dried fruits on basis of these heads that we can arrive at a given conclusion.
1. Nutrient density: Since fruits are by and large dense with health boosting components like nutrients, their calorie content on a relative scale is less. One advantage that fresh fruits have in this context is the water proportion in them. Due to the extraction of water from the dried fruits, calories get concentrated alongside the nutrients. This may prove disadvantageous for those trying to cut down the kilos. Fresh fruits on the other hand could benefit them as a sustainable source of energy.
2. Sugar content: When it comes to the density of glucose, fresh fruits and dried fruits, both are at par, essentially. At a given serving size, the sugar content of both varieties do not reflect much of a difference. Although the water content induces a sense of fullness and reduces the subsequent hunger pangs, consumption of fresh fruits also imparts volume.
3. Vitamins: Fresh fruits are extremely beneficial to deal with the problems of dehydration. They are laden with vital vitamins like A, B and C. Therefore, to beat the heat, nothing is as therapeutic as fresh fruits. Contrarily, dried fruits are deprived of their water content, which sometimes compromises their vitamin content since these vitamins are generally heat-sensitive. It also sucks out all of the folate in dried fruits. However, intake of apposite amounts can help in replenishing the vitamin levels that are obtained from the dried fruits.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Me and my girlfriend have sex without condoms and have it in a very calm way. We both do not have any std's so is there any risk of having one? If we have sex without protection?
I met with a very serious accident on September 9th 2013. After that I am fine now but my period are irregular. Sometimes it gets skipped a month and now I am having my period every month but it continues for 15 days. I am also gaining alot of weight. I was 76 at the time of accident now I am 91. My height is 5'8. I have done my thyroid test it was border line in the month of april 2015. I am having thyronorm 12.5mcg. Now r thyroid reports are normal but still I am gaining weight.
I have irregular periods and while periods the flow is not enough this is happening from last 5 to 6 months
Taking I pill but periods still not come after sex. Now its 9 day? Can period delay after take I pill 9 and more days?
I am 40 years. I had hypothyroid 2 years back. After the treatment my reports were normal up to jan'15. Now from last few months I am having lot of health problem like psoriasis, ringworm, irregular periods, tiredness. Less sleep. At times high blood pressure and times low blood pressure. I have gone through all the above treatment but none of them have from last six to eight months.
1) focus on eating whole grains & cereals, legumes, fresh fruits and vegetables. 2) go for foods providing plenty of protein, calcium & iron.
3) traditionally, breast feeding moms are given a lots of dry fruits, ghee & sugar. These high calory foods were meant to supplement the khichdi diet that moms traditionally follow after birth.
4) try dry fruits without ghee & sugar by putting them in your dalia. This way you will not be loaded with high calories.
Digestive enzymes can help provide relief from heartburn, acid reflux, sluggish bowels and diarrhoea. A body in balance doesn't need supplemental enzymes because it produces them on its own.
Supplemental enzymes do help some people better access nutrients from the food they eat, especially if they suffer from digestive distress. Instead of reaching for a pill, consider your lifestyle habits and diet as a way to naturally increase the production of the digestive enzymes in your body.
Digestive enzymes may be in their most readily available form when you eat them in foods that are in their raw state. Raw food dieters claim that the digestive enzymes in vegetables and fruit are diminished when these foods are heated to 118 degrees Fahrenheit. However, your stomach acids often break down these enzymes immediately, even when you eat raw food.
But, increasing your intake of raw foods - particularly fruits and vegetables - can help cleanse your system and improve digestion, because they contain large amounts of fibre, antioxidants and phytonutrients. A healthy gut produces appropriate amounts and appropriate types of digestive enzymes.
Supplement your normal diet with foods that also offer large amounts of digestive enzymes.
Sprouted seeds and legumes, soaked nuts, papaya, pineapple, mango and kiwi all serve as a significant source of digestive enzymes. Avocado, raw honey, coconut oil and raw dairy products are other quality sources.